gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 01:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Tim Belcher, Wayne & Gary Llewelyn
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tim Belcher, Wayne & Gary Llewelyn  (Read 1333 times)

Paulo

Tim Belcher, Wayne & Gary Llewelyn
« on: May 03, 2007, 07:46 PM »

Does anybody remember these guys? Any pics?

Tim was a pal of mine and we rode at Shoreham by Sea. He moved and the last I heard was that he'd became SE regional champ in about 83???

Wayne and Gary were Mongoose riders in 81??. Wasn't mates, but lived a few doors down from my Grandparents so were always about.

Don't suppose they're members?

:) :)

Fiolas Lovechild

Re: Tim Belcher, Wayne & Gary Llewelyn
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:20 PM »
Alright guys i raced out of adur aces from 82-86 ......Wayne was in my class that kiddie could pedal , ive just recently started all over again cant get enough of it im bloody 37 years oldbitten by the bug for the second time  and now racing in the old school summer series . You still ridin i live in Worthing we track it every couple of weeks usually Dagenham or Hayes or wherever the old school is . Im riding a Redline pl20 , ive built a Fiola Replica GT , im awaiting delivery of a GT Pro Series nice en shiny fom the US should be hear next couple of weeks... let us know if you want to follow us up to the next meet at Royston on 13th May :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:http://

Webdawg

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:56 PM »
re gary and wayne check out bmx talk old school section and also the bournemouth anniversary meeting should get some into there.

nik

nishiki14

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Oh yes Gary and Wayne were unstoppable BITD,  I started racing proper in '81, if I remember correctly their UKBMX numbers were in the 2000's so that would be '82/'83 when they started, I saw Wayne on the tele the other day, he runs some sort of youth boxing thing now and I think Gary may be on some sort of long holiday. The person to ask as normal is Ratty. :daumenhoch:

marcbmx

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 11:01 PM »
Tim Belcher, he was in my age group when I raced Region 11 in 1986. If I remember correctly he was quite a tall guy? He was Regional no. 2 in 1985, not sure what he ended up in 1986 though but definately not no.1

As for Wayne and Gary, I used to live 5 mins from them and last saw Wayne circa 10 yrs ago. Is still (I think) a heavyweight boxer but not sure on Gary. Check out Bmxtalk as there was some stuff on their about the Llewellyn's.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 11:04 PM by marcbmx »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 12:42 AM »
I think Keith Wilson is still in touch with them!!, I will call keith and ask him!!
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 09:14 AM »
heres a few pics with wayne and gary from bournemouth 2005

click to view

cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Paulo

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 11:24 AM »
Alright guys i raced out of adur aces from 82-86 ......Wayne was in my class that kiddie could pedal , ive just recently started all over again cant get enough of it im bloody 37 years oldbitten by the bug for the second time  and now racing in the old school summer series . You still ridin i live in Worthing we track it every couple of weeks usually Dagenham or Hayes or wherever the old school is . Im riding a Redline pl20 , ive built a Fiola Replica GT , im awaiting delivery of a GT Pro Series nice en shiny fom the US should be hear next couple of weeks... let us know if you want to follow us up to the next meet at Royston on 13th May :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:http://

Yeh same here FLC...37 yo reliving the good ol' days.  Thanks for the offer but I'm now in Glasgow and there's very little in the way of meetings here and too far from the Summer series.  Your rides sound nice. Any pics?

Thanks to everybody who's responded. Its good to see the pictures of the Llewelyns kdw. Yeh they were fast, even down the local skatepark. Never saw them on the track though.

Thanks for the info on Tim MB. He was tall. At Shoreham he was the biggest in his class. Really frustrating for me cause I was a bit taller than Spen and slow in my class.

:daumenhoch:

kamodo

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 01:44 PM »
For info on what Wayne is doing check out www.boxingforschools.com .

Gary has not changed much...........................still a bit confused with life.

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 02:55 PM »
I raced Wayne's class as well and he was fast.  I remember Havington Raiders club nights he gave us a lil rest by going up a couple of ages.  He did have a roll round at Bournemouth, but cos of his boxing career, don't think he was even sposed to do tha ;D
Neil

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Tim Belcher, Wayne & Gary Llewelyn

gfxgfx
gfx gfx