gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Harry Leary Paint-job by Sparkle Quality Coatings, Big thanks.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Harry Leary Paint-job by Sparkle Quality Coatings, Big thanks.  (Read 1591 times)

martylaa

Just picked my Diamond Back Harry Leary Turbo up from Neil and his lads at Sparkle Quality Coatings in Washington, as you can see he's done a superb job on the bits, cheers boys. :4_17_5:
Also big thanks to n2cus for his involement in the groundwork of this paint, right now to build it up.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Harry Leary Paint-job by Sparkle Quality Coatings, Big thanks.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 01:37 PM »
nearly as good as mine....   >:D

another given a new lease....   :4_17_5:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

martylaa

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 01:43 PM »
haha
common as muck now  :daumenhoch:

martylaa

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 02:18 PM »
polished

martylaa

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 02:30 PM »
So there is no chrome underneath?
The reason I ask is that I had my HLT re-chromed and was gonna leave it at that. Now I really want a smoked chrome finish and was wondering if it's poss to apply over fresh chrome?

this is'nt a smoked chromefinish, do you mean the pro class finish? is that right? this is a paint process nearest match to the harry leary paint, i had my old scruffy one stripped then polished then painted, not sure about smoked chrome mate, would have thought it would'nt be a problem but i would'nt know

neiljonarcus

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 02:38 PM »
So there is no chrome underneath?
The reason I ask is that I had my HLT re-chromed and was gonna leave it at that. Now I really want a smoked chrome finish and was wondering if it's poss to apply over fresh chrome?

this is'nt a smoked chromefinish, do you mean the pro class finish? is that right? this is a paint process nearest match to the harry leary paint, i had my old scruffy one stripped then polished then painted, not sure about smoked chrome mate, would have thought it would'nt be a problem but i would'nt know

marty alot of people call this  HARRY LEARY SMOKED CHROME  ...........

to answer the question  yeah its chrome underneath / yeah its fine to paint over the new chrome , sorry to but in but it was me that made the paint for this frame , hope that doesn,t sound big headed

martylaa

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 02:42 PM »
neil ya not butting in mate your hard work made this possible, i stand corrected mate, thought smoked chrome was the stuff on the old pro class's, anyway to answer the question mine was only polished prior to painting and its turned out superb by the boys at sparkle
p.s i id say a big thanks at the top of the post to you and neil for coming up with this stuff :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 02:44 PM by martylaa »

neiljonarcus

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 02:48 PM »
marty you will probaly remember this post when i 1st cracked the colour i just sat hear for a few minutes and had a recap of how this took over my life for 4 weeks it was a fooking knightmare mate

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=83301.0

martylaa

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 02:51 PM »
haha yeah i know mate, this bmx stuff taking over ya life is right, spent the other afternoon with bmx grips in a sink scrubbing them, me missus walked in thought i was washing up, did'nt tell her i've been using the pots to dye me stuff  :daumenhoch:
spoke to neil he says your never away from the place with new frames to paint haha

sid1972

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 06:28 PM »
fab!!!!  :smitten:

kevin rettie

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 09:27 PM »
marty you will probaly remember this post when i 1st cracked the colour i just sat hear for a few minutes and had a recap of how this took over my life for 4 weeks it was a fooking knightmare mate

Fantastic to look back at this Neil, what a jouney... brilliant!   :daumenhoch:

Hope you're well mate.

neiljonarcus

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 09:33 PM »

Fantastic to look back at this Neil, what a jouney... brilliant!   :daumenhoch:

Hope you're well mate.

yeah kev top draw mate i was telling marc to tell you i was asking about you the other week  .......... i must drop you a line soon mate

Frosty

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 01:29 PM »
Martylaa,

You got any pics of before the paint job. I just need to assess the components I have to see if they will need work before the treatment!!

Cheers

Paul

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Did you straighten the rear dropout?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Harry Leary Paint-job by Sparkle Quality Coatings, Big thanks.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx