gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 06:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  sanfu mobeus
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: sanfu mobeus  (Read 536 times)

Glen

sanfu mobeus
« on: October 15, 2009, 12:08 AM »
Do I need a tapped frame with tabs to run a snafu mobeus ?

At the moment I dont have a tapped frame with tabs, so what do I need to run a mobeus gyro?

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: sanfu mobeus
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Yep, if your frame has an internal headset, you'll need the gyro tabs which screw onto your headtube :(

(The old lower cable bracket you used to get with the gyros doesn't work on an internal headset frame)

It's not a huge job to get the holes drilled and tapped though, and you can buy the gyro tabs for about a tenner new.

Know a few people who have done the mod themselves / got it done for them.

Brian  :daumenhoch:

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: sanfu mobeus
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 11:19 AM »
You should be okay with the Mobeus.

The mobeus cable spacing on the bottom section matches the spacing on the gyro and oryg and also the bottom cable hanger which sits between your top headset cup and your headtube, so it should work okay.

(I've run both a gyro and a mobeus on the same cable stops)

I've one of the gyro bottom plates here I can throw over your way since this doesn't come with the mobeus. Might even have a top plate too.

Brian  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  sanfu mobeus

gfxgfx
gfx gfx