gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 03:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  bournemouth
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bournemouth  (Read 4021 times)

spillers#1

bournemouth
« on: August 18, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Should be a busy race meeting this weekend  :daumenhoch: so who's going and who's racing ?

And mike there's no need to answer as i know you will be there and prob can't sleep already  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: bournemouth
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 07:38 PM »
Me. 30-39 cruiser. Is your brother going Lee?

kdubbmx

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Billy Stupple and me are racing!!!

In our dreams!!!  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

spillers#1

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 07:40 PM »
was going but rang me yesterday to say he's off to cornwall for a couple of weeks,no dought he'll be catching up with the humps clan again  :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Billy Stupple and me are racing!!!

In our dreams!!!  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Bloody shame kieth  ;) are you gonna come and watch and shout abuse  :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:38 PM by billstup »

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 08:39 PM »
If I can drive I`ll be coming Lee, I`m trying to get Joe to have a race  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

kdubbmx

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 09:38 PM »
I'll be there giving you some tips Lee.  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 10:17 PM »
was going but rang me yesterday to say he's off to cornwall for a couple of weeks,no dought he'll be catching up with the humps clan again  :daumenhoch:

He caught up with us tonight at the track.  I'll send him back if you like as Englishmen aren't welcomed here!! ;)  Humps

oldmankev

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 10:22 PM »
I will be trying to beat Mooro on his home turf with my newly
aquired skills after getting some tips from Dylan Clayton.

tony williams

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 11:04 PM »
ill be there to watch and shout at you silly old gits

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 01:35 AM »
I felt rotten at P'boro this weekend (caught a bug in America 3 weeks ago which is proving hard to shift), but needed to get my fix of racing.

Hoping to be better for this Sunday.

Be interesting to see how the track rides after recent changes.

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 10:29 AM »

A few from the north are coming down for the national and we'll be there for the regional  :daumenhoch: 

Got a bid of a bad back so not sure if I'll be racing in 30-39 cruiser, my daughter is racing in U7 girls if you have any down there for her to race,  Ivesy and Speedy Reidy are coming down as well    :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Is Bof back on his bike yet?  Hope he's recovered from his injuries in time for the national.

thecrooch

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 01:44 PM »
My freebie Ashes tickets have just disappeared so looks like ill be making the trip now....

dialledbikes

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 01:47 PM »
ill be there to watch and shout at you silly old gits

Tony if you're gonna be there anyway, might as well take your bike and race  :daumenhoch:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 02:29 PM »
Is Bof back on his bike yet?  Hope he's recovered from his injuries in time for the national.

Spoke to him at w/e I don't think he'll be riding  :(     but he's still coming down for a bit of a hol. 

tony williams

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 06:40 PM »
Mike
Would loved to have raced but ive got 2 cracked ribs and want to be ok for the brits had to ride the last 2 regionals in a lot of pain and have been told total rest no biking or the gym so me and the misses just having a weekend away .
Going to do a few nationals next year after my first year back and its been alot hard than i thought gone the days where power rules its all them jumps that slow me down lol

dialledbikes

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 07:05 PM »
That's fair enough Tony.  Didn't realise you were another one on the injured list.

There are very few power tracks around these days.  All crammed full of jumps and very few places to get a good few cranks in.

tony williams

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 07:18 PM »
COULDNT AGREE MORE going to train my arse over the winter and try to jump again its all fun and i love it glad to be back racing and making loads of new friends ill look out for you mike at bournmouth be good to put a face to the name

dialledbikes

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Yeah, I've been trying to learn to jump for the last 2 winters but with very little progress.  I can do it on my MTB but the cruiser stays glued to the track.  Gonna mess around with some new cruiser designs to try and design one that takes off a bit easier (I have a few ideas).

I raced you at Hayes and on Sunday at P'boro.  I was the one who scraped into the A-final and then crashed in the last berm.  I love P'boro track but something always seems to happen to me there.  I was in 3rd place in the B-final at the national and got a puncture down the 3rd straight.  Then I crashed last week.

Bournemouth is another track I usually crash on  :uglystupid2:

tony williams

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 10:27 PM »
missed you again then i think i know  why i thought that was someone else and not the mike who was racing  but thinking about mike and mike of dialed bikes should have give me a clue lol i was not on it at boro in a lot of pain just wanted to get my 5 for the brits ive not raced since the 80s all very differant mike but next year ill know my way round most of the tracks at least

dialledbikes

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 05:48 PM »
It'll come, Tony.  I was truly awful when I came back in 2006 and although I'm still not that hot a racer/rider, I can gate OK, have a decent first straight and manage to give a few people a bit of a race (normally towards the middle/back of the pack, but it's better than just following round in 8th place like I did for my first couple of seasons).  Stick with it and you'll reap the rewards.

kdubbmx

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 10:24 PM »
I bet a lot of the riders in 40+ would like to be able to win the B final (southern champs) and get 3rd (bournemouth), i'd call that pretty good myself Mike, dont put yourself down!!!    :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 02:45 PM »
Cheers Keith. I have this obsession with being able to jump again.  I will never be happy with my riding until I can jump properly.  It frustrates me that I can jump quite a bit of stuff on my mountain bike but barely anything on my BMX.

moley

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Cheers Keith. I have this obsession with being able to jump again.  I will never be happy with my riding until I can jump properly.  It frustrates me that I can jump quite a bit of stuff on my mountain bike but barely anything on my BMX.

Same here!!

I dont feel comfortable jumping on 24 or 20".   I always panic and end up off balance!!  I wish I was a fearless kid again!!

Track designs don't help much either!!

I want a good tabletop followed by nothing so I can land comfortably and build up my confidence.   It makes it hard when there is another jump or some rythym's straight after!!

I think I need to grow a pair!!  :LolLolLolLol:

I'm gonna try and work on it as I'll never progress until I feel comfortable in the air!!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  bournemouth

gfxgfx
gfx gfx