gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 10:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Retro Ripper questions/alternatives?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Retro Ripper questions/alternatives?  (Read 995 times)

aditup 2234

Retro Ripper questions/alternatives?
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:16 AM »
Does anyone ride one?
I am hoping to be working again very shortly and want to get out and ride, as I have been without a ride now for 6 months, and a bike is going to be one of the first things on my shopping list.
It is going to be ridden, probably just rolling around track and the odd trick or 2, nothing too serious, unless I get a lot better than I ever was.
Are the rippers any good, as they look sweet and I quite fancy one, or should I go for something else?
What is the difference between a track, park, street, dirt, race bike, as I have only really ridden indoor park and track since I gave up in my teens and I used the same bike for both (my good old yellow GT, which is long gone  :'( ). I know I dont want a flatland, that is obvious to me, but the rest?
Any info would help, cheers, Ad  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Retro Ripper questions/alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:52 AM »
 :) Park & street bikes are pretty much the same.,almost always cromo.Pegs & gyro are optional.Dirt bikes again are pretty much the same,sometimes with a longer back end,no front brake or pegs & knobblier tyres.Race bikes are usually longer in the back end,alloy or cromo & lighter (though not by much these days) bigger sprockets.Loads of choice out there-you`ll find something you can do everything on.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 01:02 PM »
as Bru says above........much rather go for a modern complete over a retro ripper........you can do anything you want to on it then  :daumenhoch:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 01:10 PM »
Id stay away from the rippers adam. It wouldnt take the spine at bones.
I want to touch ORB

Wookie Bear

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 01:59 PM »
I got a black and gold one off Stodgy at a very good price advertised on here just before crimbo I use it as my rider and for a bit of track fun with my two young lads and to cruise around VW shows 8). Its great on the track and is pretty lite too and being over 6ft the top tube is the right length for me.
I love mine and glad I purchased it but I wouldnt want to pay full wack for one.
Speak to Stodgy he has sorted me out two bikes and the service is fantastic.

4130HUBBS

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 02:28 PM »
If I was you Ad have a word with Stodgy he'll sort you out. IMO go for a Subrosa complete something like this

http://www.radbmxshop.co.uk/shop/article_79/Subrosa-Malum-Street-2009.html'shop_param=cid%3D39%26aid%3D79%26

Bru  :daumenhoch:
    Yep like the man says,  you cant go wrong with a Subrosa.   ;)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 03:50 PM »
Give me a shout Ad - I'll get ya sorted me old poppet.

Thanks chaps!

Dave

xxxx

aditup 2234

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Cheers Guys, I will be in touch Dave when I get some dosh (soon, hopefully)
As for the spine? I am hoping I will get back to my spine hopping antics ASAP!  :LolLolLolLol:
Ad  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Retro Ripper questions/alternatives?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx