gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden Today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden Today  (Read 1052 times)

mr.magoo

Hersden Today
« on: August 10, 2008, 04:57 PM »
As always, another great days racing, once again well done to Justin, Tony and team for yet again a well run day, and sunshine too.

Well done to Zippy on tying up the old school series :4_17_5: Roll on september 14th :daumenhoch:

sonic-1

Re: Hersden Today
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 05:36 PM »
yet again another great days  racin at hersden  :4_17_5: the guys work so hard to make this possible for us so a huge thanks to them  :daumenhoch:
it was proved today that 4 can get into the first corner at the same time  ;D well done to the essex mob for that and stayin on !!!! well most of em did  ;D some very close racing
well done zippster for takin the No 1 spot in his retirement sesson  !!!!! now yer gettin old yer movin to bigger wheels  :2funny:
great to see how to slide the front into front flip in the A final from Mr magoo  ;) dam that slam looked hard
all in all another fun day at the little track  :4_17_5:

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 07:28 PM »
Just walked through the door left Hersden at 4.15 now 7.15 bloody traffic jam.!!!

Summary of the day......

Excellent days racing all the boys were on top form Mr Magoo was on fire unlucky with a nasty stack in the A final , Zippy finally realised his life long ambition No 1 for the OSSS - congrats ,  lets see how long it takes him to STOP talking about it. Quad Paul was unlucky this season and by his own admission wasnt on top form today?

Looking forward to seeing the  rankings Hooga 75, Crooch and Nishiki were all really close in the OSSS . It was abit unfortunate that all the boys fighting for 3rd 4th and 5th all raced together in the motos and being a four man track made it more difficult for them to all get through to the same final.

Nicky (Mrs Ratty) back racing after having mini ratty 2 months ago and won the Final well done Nic

Thanks to Tony and Justin another fine meeting, and cheers for the medal!!

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 07:30 PM »
MRS RATTY WON ,,,

SHUTUP,,NO WAY

R

spillers#1

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 07:32 PM »
Fck me fiola it only took me an te-harve 1hr 45 to get back from peterborough yoooooooooo!  ;D

eloopnai

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 07:40 PM »
couldnt make today got a new puppy and my sis gave birth to a boy at 4.30 this morning  :daumenhoch:

zippy tying up the old skool series i thought theres still one more race to go the brits ? says it is in the race calender thread or is he so far ahead no one can catch him  :D

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 07:43 PM »
couldnt make today got a new puppy and my sis gave birth to a boy at 4.30 this morning  :daumenhoch:

zippy tying up the old skool series i thought theres still one more race to go the brits ? says it is in the race calender thread or is he so far ahead no one can catch him  :D

Your puppy and your Sister  gave birth at 4.30 this morning how did that happen??!!***???:wtf:

eloopnai

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 07:47 PM »
i will have what ever your on  :LolLolLolLol:

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 08:05 PM »
Too much sun me thinks ........and the shiny medal i received for second place in A final is effecting me slightly........my precious.....i must has it......hates hobits....

TK The Mic

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 08:13 PM »
Thanks for coming today everyone, it was a good one. 66 riders for the whole meeting is pretty good for an August race with many on their hols.
Well done to Zippy for putting both the region series and the Hersden title beyond doubt, has he been on yet, Im sure we will hear from him soon.
Even the light hearted whinging was funny today ;D,  and thanks to everyone for their input regarding next time, will be in touch with someone shortly about that pm.

TK

mr.magoo

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 08:23 PM »
can completely recommend body armour now...tried and tested....best 35 quid i spent, slam didn't feel that bad. But elbow protector snapped/split in two, but i only got abrassions from inner padding to elbow, and spine protector is well guaged....does'nt bear thinking about what i would have felt/looked like with-out it!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Rocked:
The weather
The organisation - well done to TK, Justin & co
The crowd - they really love the races at Hersden
Getting third place medal in Cruisers - probably means I've beaten Spillers  ;D
That front-flip from Mr Magoo - glad to read you're OK Neil
Seeing lil Lilly-Ann smiling and mum riding again

Sucked:
That traffic jam on the M2 - took almost three hours to do 53 miles!!!!!!!

Humps

BMXBAZ

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 08:39 PM »
Hi everyone ive got to say I had a wicked day at hersden first time out in old school with the new bike It looks like ive got my work cut out to catch up with some of you guys Damn your fast looking forward to the next meeting. See you there! (cheers for the loan of the elbow pads and sorry for beating you sonic1 lol)

moomin

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Hersden was great today, always enjoy our trips down to the wee track.

Thanks to Bev and Sue for being roped into racing today, was great fun :daumenhoch:

Thanks to all the crew for making it happen.

Only bad part was the 3 hour journey home, had a giggle with QP tho, wheel spins and cutting up miserable old farts  :LolLolLolLol:

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Thanks to all at hersden for a great day out , my son had 3 fantastic motos and fell in final but is fighting fit for the next . My highest admiration gose out to you old
schoolies for racing . Was hopping to race today but twisted my leg in the week & only three weeks from an op to remove some bolt in my leg . This is an injury i did in a skate park larst year . Im up for next year,s OS racing now so iv got time to get fit cos i know it want be easy with you guy . Expecialy if i want somethink for the
trophy cabinet that dosent and has never excisted .     TOLAT RESPCT  TO YOU ALL  Billy 

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 11:59 PM »
Great days racing, obviously chuffed to bits to win the Hersden Number 1 again and tie up the OSSS with 1 round to go.  :4_17_5:

Thanks to Justin, Tony and everyone else that makes Hersden such a special little race venue.

Biggest thanks have to go to my fellow racers in the old school though because you guy's make the racing all the more fun and enjoyable. Thanks Guy's. :daumenhoch:

moomin

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 12:16 AM »
Congrats Zipster, i have to say you've worked hard for it  :daumenhoch: although if Tony had been there it'd have been a different thread  ::) :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 09:15 AM »
Biggest thanks have to go to my fellow racers in the old school though because you guy's make the racing all the more fun and enjoyable. Thanks Guy's. :daumenhoch:

I still cant read that without thinking you are taking the piss Sir Zippster....  but congrats on both Titles and ill get Moley to update the table for all to see later on.

The banter has made my first season the most enjoyable i think possible. Chuffed with top 5 place - more to come from this big lump... though i still think it was a fix to end up with Me, QuadP, Hooga and Nishiki all in one moto and Magoo and Zippy carefully split in the other two....  just wasnt possible to get all four of us into that first turn, much bumping of elbows and im sorry to all that 'bounced' off me

But big ups to the Hersden crew for the running of the series, looking forward to Sept 14th for the season finale and the un veiling of a new memeber to ladies racing Mrs Crooch - the bike is delivered - got to do some lightness mods etc but she has vowed to race so im holding her to it!!

TTFN

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden Today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx