gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Burnham National
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Burnham National  (Read 2812 times)

se bikes

Burnham National
« on: March 24, 2008, 09:31 AM »
Well to those that made the trip good on yer, i know we enjoyed the racing and banter :daumenhoch:

Was really good to see Nick Gas head, and Mr burner boy whose name we always forget but it dont stop us standing gassing for ages  :2funny: :2funny:.

Good to see Miles finally getting back to form and whooping some butts in masters, shame Zippy never made the trip, all talk and no action again eh mate ::)

Billstup made the B Final both days and classy faceplant on Sunday saw him at the back of the pack but he looked like he enjoyed  it :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Spillers fought hard in 40+ and looked to get faster as the weekend went on, good work Lee :daumenhoch:  Mike was rockin too, looked like y'all had fun in 40+ :daumenhoch:

Fantastic to see the Bad BMX pocket rockets kicking some ass, well done to Nick, Chloe, Josh and Emmanuel for bringing home some silverware and showing how hard work pays off,  :)

Only downside was the weather, definately not a good idea to tent it for the weekend, bloody cold and windy :tickedoff: :uglystupid2: :2gunsfiring_v1:  Glad to be home and in the warm now tho  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

Re: Burnham National
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 09:48 AM »
It was all good, apart from the weather.

Great to see all my team again after winter and loads of people said they liked the new kits and our pro-looking team tent  :daumenhoch:

40+ on Saturday was pretty stacked.  I actually thought I rode quite well Saturday but got shut down in the first two motos when it felt like I was in a good position.  Third moto I should've just settled for 5th and automatically gone through to the run-off with Spillers and Nick Pullen, but instead I tried to take 4th in the second berm, didn't make it, and ended up 6th and out.

Only 12 riders in 40+ on Sunday was a bit disappointing and I didn't ride as well as the day before, but I suppose I should be happy with the second place in the B-final (thanks to Billy's crash - I did remind him at the line that there are no extra points awarded for one handers/Vander-rolls in racing  ;) ).

Great to see nice guy Jon Moore doubling.  Bof pushed him hard on the Sunday though.

Hopefully the numbers will be back up at Cheddar for proper Semis.

Be interesting to see how many 40+ cruiser riders we get at Dagenham on Sunday now.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 10:18 AM »
Was a great weekend, saw loads of faces and spent most of the weekend gassing, Gossa made an appearance on his retro SE, shame the officialdom wouldnt let him spin round the track,
The new Dialled bikes/relentless kit is blinding. I tried to get Mike to part with a shirt, but I gotta wait till the end of the season cos its a factory only shirt :-[
Our Bad team did well for their first national, shame about Danny Clarks crash, I have never seen a crash like it, glad he was OK.

My first visit to a national in 25 years and I have to say on the whole it was well run and a fantastic weekend..
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:21 AM »
glad you all had a great time yu buggers   ;)
got any pics .

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 10:24 AM »
I got a few Dan, just need to upload them :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 10:27 AM »
good man  :)

proclass35

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:07 AM »
I got a few Dan, just need to upload them :daumenhoch:
I saw you take one of Bof and his banana shaped front wheel on saturday, get that up, lets have a laugh. (sorry Bof!)
It was an absolute cracking weekend bar from the weather, but watching my lad win 7yrs at his first national was the icing on the cake. Proper tears in the eyes proud dad moments, roll on Cheddar....

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Oh I didnt know it was BOF :shocked: Yep I did get a snap of it, will post it later >:D

bof

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 01:47 PM »
Oh I didnt know it was BOF :shocked: Yep I did get a snap of it, will post it later >:D

OOOH cant wait.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dialledbikes

bof

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 04:00 PM »

A picture of me and Russ hanlon (wussy 67) . Russ is a really good lad and I couldnt apologise enough , it was my fault.  :daumenhoch: but fook me it hurt. If anybody has a spare 32 hole 24"  rim send me a PM. :D 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 04:03 PM by bof »

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 04:08 PM »
Hells Bells Bof!!! its like a Walkers Crisp...  :D :D :D :D

kdubbmx

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 04:39 PM »
It looked pretty bad from where i was too!! (about a foot behind you) pretty sure Russ's front wheel caught you in the chest/stomach & i can still hear the noise you made on impact!! Like a batman OOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF!!! I was gonna stop but then Slater appeared next to me & i took off after him then he went down just after turn two, didnt seem like a race after that so i just rolled round behind Stockwell.

groover247

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 04:50 PM »
BOF

make sure you tell every1 you got back on and got a 2nd on sunday, you and russ hanlon are pretty hard blokes.

both battered and still battling on day 2.

more of the same guys.

sutty

bof

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 05:04 PM »
BOF

make sure you tell every1 you got back on and got a 2nd on sunday, you and russ hanlon are pretty hard blokes.

both battered and still battling on day 2.

more of the same guys.

sutty

Cheers Sutty, thanks for lending me your wheel for the sunday, your a top bloke . You dont forget to tell everybody you made the 30-39 cruiser final on saturday which is no mean feat , that really is a stacked class. ;)

spillers#1

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 07:38 PM »
Bof mate i didn't realise how f**kin fast and smooth you really are  :daumenhoch: that crash was awfull  :-[ the noise as russ hanlons head hit the ground was sickening,i thought he must have done some serious damaged then to see him racing again sunday was brilliant  :daumenhoch: he must be one hard headed bloke  ;)

wussy67

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 08:17 PM »
OUCH THAT HURT :LolLolLolLol: i"m aching all over today and that was some crash, i"ve got some spare wheels if your interested bof :daumenhoch:
was good to meet and race all you old skool legends see you all at cheddar :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 08:19 PM by wussy67 »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Bloody hell Russ

I thought you were nursing that hand after  Hartlepools incident  :idiot2:

As for you Bof I suppose second will have to do this time fella  ;)

NORTHERNER BMX IRON MEN

They make proper BMX riders at Preston pirates  :4_17_5:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 09:51 PM »
It was a great weekend, except for my riding, I was complete shite, and whats more I looked it too  :-[

Time to get some race gear I think, then at least I can look good whilst being shite  :angel:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 09:52 PM »
 Jamie  ( Proclass35 )wish I was there with you to cheer on Young Finn  :(

Whuppin' the asses of  the top 3 National champions  8)

He's just gonna get better and better

can I have his autograph now before he forgets who I am  :4_17_5:

wussy67

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 10:01 PM »
hey bill you did alright and you gotta keep the skyway top for racing it looks mint :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 10:04 PM »
It was a great weekend, except for my riding, I was complete shite, and whats more I looked it too  :-[

Time to get some race gear I think, then at least I can look good whilst being shite  :angel:
Bill my bro did get you on vid crashing in our final  :LolLolLolLol: f**kin proper tuck & roll  :daumenhoch: there's a piccie on the bcf website of you jumping the first doubles on back straight looking out of control just before you chewed the gravel

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 10:21 PM »
hey bill you did alright and you gotta keep the skyway top for racing it looks mint :daumenhoch:

Thanks Russ, perhaps I`ll wash it then  :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 10:32 PM »

Bill, I've got some nice white Troy Lee race pants that will look ace with that Skyway top.  I'll bring em Sunday and if they fit you can have em.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Thanks Mike, as long as my knee/shin pads fit underneath I`ll take you up on those  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Burnham National

gfxgfx
gfx gfx