gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 12:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway E.z Bars
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway E.z Bars  (Read 973 times)

GREMLIN

Skyway E.z Bars
« on: February 01, 2008, 02:53 PM »
My new set of Skyway E.z bars just landed on my doorstep.  :)
I decided to go with a set of baby blues, even tho i'm planning to have them recoated at some point. When i decide which build they'll go towards, and whenever that is  :-\
Anyhow there are a couple of chips on the crossbars and i can see nice chrome underneath the coating.
So does anyone know if it's just the cross bars that were chromed then welded into the bars, or if the complete bars are chromed then coated?  Also any idea on what the coating is (paint/powder) ? 
It'll be nice if i'm able to strip the colour away and leave a sweet set of chrome bars  8)   G.   ;)

munners

Re: Skyway E.z Bars
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Pass but they are nice in that colour and to get them with those decals is difficult these days.

GREMLIN

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 02:59 PM »
They're sweet in the baby blue colour.  But i can't see me having a baby blue project b4 say white or black etc  :)
The decals are sat here next to me never been attached to the bars. Which is always nice.    G  ;).

munners

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 03:02 PM »
Shame. They did a streat beat in that colour which is why they did the bars in that colour too.

I am sure Biagio used to knock them out in baby blue. May still? ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 03:34 PM »
Hi ya Mate......from what i remember painted MKI EZ Bars were only chrome on the crossbar not all over unfortunately mate

munners

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 03:35 PM »
they did do them in chrome though.

unless yours are just painted chrome ones?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 03:36 PM »
yes they did them in chrome......but the painted ones were only chrome on the crossbar.....i'm pretty sure that's how they were.

GREMLIN

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 03:43 PM »
Thanx Rob m8.   :)
That's cool anyhow.  I did actually buy them knowing i would be having them recoated for a Skyway T.a or Haro sport build somewhere down the line.  8)
Will still be nice to find out what they're coated in tho, to decide how to go about having them re-coloured  :daumenhoch:   G.

GREMLIN

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 03:51 PM »
they did do them in chrome though.

unless yours are just painted chrome ones?

Then again you might be on to something there Munners.  I've just removed a slither of the coating from under the grip area, and it does look like it may be chrome...   :)  G.

GREMLIN

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 03:59 PM »
Nope.  Not chromed all over.  Just along the cross bars  :)
I have found out that the coating powders away nicely using very fine wire wool tho  >:D   G.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway E.z Bars

gfxgfx
gfx gfx