gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 05:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mid School Race Tyres?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mid School Race Tyres?  (Read 985 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Mid School Race Tyres?
« on: October 02, 2007, 07:36 PM »
I know I might have asked this before, but I'll ask again  :LolLolLolLol:.

Getting the last few parts for my Hoffman Flash together and have a question about tyres, I have a choice between skinwall Tioga Comp 3's or a nice pair of all black Powerlite kevlar beaded Comp 2 style 1.75's.  I'm not sure which ones to go with and which ones will look best for the era  :-\.  They will be going on a set of polished silver GT Rims, GT hubs with a radial spoked front.

What do you guys think; all black Comp 2 style or skinwall Comp 3's?

Thanks  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Lazarou

Re: Mid School Race Tyres?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 07:45 PM »
I'd go for the Comp III's  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 07:49 PM »
You can never go wrong with comp IIIs. They are like some kind of strange BMX constant that just keeps going. A good thing for the people whe have the comp III tread as a tattoo .... not so cool for the person who has a snake belly tread tattoo  :2funny:

I joke .... the snake belly tat rules!!!

darkersomeday

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 07:56 PM »
also the beauty of comp III's  is they'll go well on just about anything!

on a hoffman flash, ideally, for me, it'd be primo v-trak's all the way :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 08:05 PM »

on a hoffman flash, ideally, for me, it'd be primo v-trak's all the way :daumenhoch:

Cheers guys, will try it with the Comp 3's and will probably stick with them  :LolLolLolLol:

Joe, V-Traks were my first choice but I couldn't find them in fat and thin amberwall anywhere  :(.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

darkersomeday

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 08:22 PM »

Cheers guys, will try it with the Comp 3's and will probably stick with them  :LolLolLolLol:

Joe, V-Traks were my first choice but I couldn't find them in fat and thin amberwall anywhere  :(.

aah i see what you mean, i could only point you to the thins in amberwall :daumenhoch:
ygt has nos black walls and i could probs find the fatter/thinner to match,

skin comp III's will be just as good though dude :daumenhoch:
my point was only because hoffman used to fit them on the flash bikes,

Miko

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 08:34 PM »
Primo made great tires, (tyres for those across the pond).  I loved the V-track for racing.  Other tires that I enjoyed are the Haro Holeshot and GT Megabite.  Man, a  1.75" Holeshot on back and a backwards 2.125 Megabite up front, was my favorite combo for a while.  Not fun on the street, but did wonders on the track before the days of asphault berms.  (I'll bet the brits have a different word for that too  ;)  )

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mid School Race Tyres?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx