gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 12:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  O/S gate @ Bournemouth
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: O/S gate @ Bournemouth  (Read 2418 times)

xtremepervert

O/S gate @ Bournemouth
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Is there going to be one this weekend??? ;D ;D

Fiolas Lovechild

Re: O/S gate @ Bournemouth
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:19 PM »
me dont think so i spoke to Ratty about Bournemouth cause its nearer to me than any other track , check with him, i think they werent too receptive when he talked to them about holding some of the O S S Series races there which is a shame cause its a monster of a track .........another track i think could be good for the old school is Andover  ???http://

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 01:22 PM »
hi mate do you live dorset way ,im in poole  :daumenhoch: ifords a great track ,shame they wont allow the OSS   :-\

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 01:22 PM »
they been good to us OS racers in the past

but that said it wasn't part of a regional or national event
last one in 2005 was the day after a big meeting

and 2004 was in October - nice  :)
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

AL

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 03:06 PM »

I cant believe Geoff Routledge aint up for a bit of old school action  ?????

I would imagine, this weekends  Regional + next weekend  national ...  Are going to be hectic...    But dont forget there is the Southern Regional Champs  ( No Clips )   9th Sept...   Perhaps  Bournemouth would be up for something then ?

If it dosent rain tonight we may pop down for gates,  so ill  ask the question ..........................

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Geoff puts the old into old school  :daumenhoch:

been there from the start aint he
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

zed4130

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 03:08 PM »
im working this weekend ,so its this weekend and the following? if so ill try and pop down  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Before it goes to far guys, I never approached Bournmouth about the OSSS riding there, I believe I spoke with Miles or one of the nu school boys on here and was told the track was being refurbished and was going to be a very difficult track for us lot to ride. We may well be able to ride it now we have improved, but remember when we started this, a few of us couldnt even finish the length of Braintree :angel:

I am trying to wangle a day pass for Bournmouth, and it would be a shame not to take a bike, just in case.

Also remember, that at regional and club level, the Old School class is recognised, all  you need is 5 or more OS riders  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 05:42 PM »
Sorry guys when i spoke to ratty about it we were rippin it up round the  last berm at hersden of course i didnt quite hear exactly what he said  because he was speaking to me from behind .........sorry  for the confusion ,bounemouth i take it back

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 05:45 PM »
Oh Russ, fighting talk again,  >:D, call me if you are going Bonny, I might do OS or 24" if I can go :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Flying_fox

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 06:39 PM »
Hello people. :)

If you wanted to do an old school gate at the regional this Sunday someone should get intouch with Uncle Buck (details on www.hawksbmx.co.uk)as he's the regional chairman, the class should be set up on the computer from Hayes or MK, so I doubt it would be much of a problem. After all it's all extra revenue going to bournemouth club and the South region. You only need 4 or more riders I think to make a class so as long as theres a bit of interest.....

The track was is a right old state, but I've been relyably informed by Natedog (Geoff's son) that the track is now the shitdizzle. They've done loads of work on it over the winter so you should pop down to check out the fruits of their labour.

I shouldnt think there will be much chance of an old school gate at the national over the bank holiday, with a no clips race and two rounds of the national series going down every one will have enough on their plates already....

I will be there this Sunday for the regional, making sure the fox cub gets plenty of practice for the national, and making sure webdawg has a ns bike to ride. I might  even have a roll round on the old safety cycle now the hozzy have told me I'm on the mend and can do light stuff. I'm also going to be there all bank holiday, drinking beer, videoing races and shouting abuse from the sidelines at those sketchy fools in masters. If anyone from Rad comes down to any of it come over and say hi.

Miles.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:41 PM by Flying_fox »

Webdawg

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 07:41 PM »
Just put a post requesting this on BMX Talk.

There's ya yer day pass Ratty.

Webdawg

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Good news, if enuff of us turn up they will run an o/s class. :daumenhoch:

Lets get as many as we can there.

Does this get you a pass now Ratty ;D

zed4130

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 08:39 AM »
dame im working sat night ,and ive not got a OS yet  :'(

Flying_fox

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 06:53 PM »
Come on guys let me have some old school bikes drool over and support one of the oldest bmx clubs in existance. :daumenhoch:

Or are you all scared of being shamed by a lady...... ??? :-*

Dont worry Nikki, I'm bringing a couple of serious new school wepons for you to try, if the old boys don't want to play the girls of the South region will.

Zed, I hope your still coming to watch even if your on nights. You always moan that nothing goes on down your mannor, it is now........ :police: ;)

Webdawg

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 07:28 PM »
see ya there foxy, got a frame set up that Ratty lent, good to ty others out tho as gonna have to buy n/s sooner or later so thanx for yr help, and bike ( wont ride em like i drive me car, promise :LolLolLolLol:)

don't know how many we'll get, Ratty's doin a swerve on us which counts out 796 as well :(

Can we have a count on who's lookin to go please guys so we can warn B'Mouth

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 04:52 PM »
I'll have my Redline on the back of the car if anyone wants to join in the fun but hasn't got a ride at present.  So that rules out the "I haven't got a bike at the mo" excuse!!   ;D  Humps

zed4130

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 05:43 PM »
so is it the nationals you lot are going to on the 26th-27th ? if so ill pop over no OS and will it be OS racing on the sat or sun as im in work sat night ,  :daumenhoch: and hey foxy me moan  :LolLolLolLol: i tried to get to most bmx avents ,and i was at the 05 nationals  :daumenhoch: its the lack of riders that gets me down ,down here  :-\ the last avent i went to was at slades farm ,after a night shift ,i fell asleep ,and was woken up by a goth bmx rider ,he was after a pump ,he scared the sh#t out of me  :crazy2:   :2funny: let me no whats going on ,and ill be there probs half asleep ,as usual  :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 08:54 AM by zed4130 »

Webdawg

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 06:43 PM »
It's the regional there tomoz.

I will be going to the National but no os class there yet. :wtf:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 07:36 PM »
Don't seem to be many interested in this one Nikki so you'll be on your own I think.  Just enter 15+ Novice and leave them all standing!!  Humps

Webdawg

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 07:40 PM »
oh well, you boys r a bunch of wimps :LolLolLolLol:

zed4130

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 08:56 AM »
ill be at the nationals next week ,i had a crap night shift ,and the missis was up during the night have contractions  :shocked: the babys not due till 6th of june  :) so ill defo be there next weekend  :daumenhoch: please look me up  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  O/S gate @ Bournemouth

gfxgfx
gfx gfx