gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  small headset?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: small headset?  (Read 572 times)

scottyp

small headset?
« on: April 15, 2007, 06:02 PM »
(for a early 90's mini ripper)
i am in need of a small childs bike threaded headset,(not sure of size) it's not an inch threaded as i have tried inch threaded cups and they wont fit. Does anyone have any ideas where i can get a small headset from?
cheer scott
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 06:05 PM by scottyp »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: small headset?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 06:45 PM »
Scott did you check the thread was deffo not 1"? I had a mini where the threads were 1" but the cups were too big? The guy I sold the frame to is geting the cups turned down on a lathe so they fit?
A long time ago, in a land far away!

sooty

Re: small headset?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 08:02 AM »
Hey I bought a 1" Black tioga headset from Alans about 2 months ago for my TA but when I got it the cups were too small and had to send it back. I think this is what you're after. Normal cups measure about 32.7mm Dia but you need about 30.2mm dia. This is the difference, check the thread on the forks with a normal 1" top nut, if it fits then this is what you want. Soot. (think I may have an odyssey pro needle bearing headset in red, that size somewhere?)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  small headset?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx