gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  OSSS race bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OSSS race bikes  (Read 7639 times)

hooga1975

Re: OSSS race bikes
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Here are some pics of my race bike.  It's an 84 USA made Hutch Pro Racer. 
<center>
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

</center>
It's original chrome is still very good and the decals are the originals.  They are peeling, but I havnt yet had the heart to rip them off and put on the new ones that I have got.  It has a nice polished DK stem, Boss bars, GT stamped Profile cranks, Ukai speed line wheels and an MX900 rear brake. It is a lovely bike to ride and I cant wait for the next round of the OSSS.

Here is a photo taken after one of the winter races at Braintree in the mud.  I don't care if it gets dirty, but cleaning it is a pain in the arse.
<center>

</center>

And another one of me jumping the table top at the Braintree spring classic.
<center>

</center>

I never properly raced back in the day.  I took part in  one of the club night races at  the track in South Woodham on my Burner.  I was shite and finished last or second from last so I didnt really bother after that.  I was always down the track though as it was about 1 minute from my house.  I went to have a look around about a year and a half ago and it was in a right state which is a real shame.  I keep meaning to write to the council about getting it reopened as the land will never be used as it is next to a sewage plant
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:20 PM by hooga75 »

spillers#1

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 07:16 PM »
I'LL POST SOME PICCIES AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 08:39 PM »
 :) You know me guys couldnt just put up one of my race bikes so here they all are, first up is my sparklin new GT Pro Series few little tweaks before she hits the track, bmx-796 please please please........the one in the middle is my little baby my Anniversary Edition Redline PL20 shes done me proud this season 1st at Hayes, 2nd at rainy Royston, and OSSS overall 3rd at Hersden....
thought I'd stick my GT Pro Cruiser in for good measure taking her to hersden if the others are up for it.............?
Personally I'm loving  the old school racing ,all the old school boys really make the  series ,every last one a right crack apart from Flaz whos a big girls blouse , :2funny:
and the machines we're all running are pretty awesome too i like the fact we all appreciate a classic piece of art and we aren't afraid to get em dirty..!!!!!!!!!!!!! :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:http://

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 09:35 AM »
Jim, I gotta say mate, you have come on leaps and bounds, Im not so sure its because of the bike, probably more your confidence and race skills, even so, you have put some great metal on the track these last few months :daumenhoch:

Cheers Tone.  :'(  :LolLolLolLol:

Think it is more the fact that I am enjoying it so much!  :daumenhoch:

Rooonga

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 08:28 PM »
As you may know I have had a 24" Torker for a while now, but wasn't allowed to race it in the OSSS, so had to get a 20" bike.

About 3 weeks ago I bought a 1989 Fre Agent Limo for the bargain price of £150.00, sold the DX pedals that were on it and used that cash to get it powdered by our main man SuperBikeDan. He did a fantastic job, and I'm sure you'll agree it looks the muts nuts. (I will be getting new decals in the next couple of weeks to finish it off properly.)

It came with Redline 400's, but they are a bit too old for this bike so they will have a lovely new home on my Torker Cruiser. I replaced them with a GT Profile crankset. It also boasts an original Free Agent Padset, Araya 7X's laced up to chrome sealed Suzue hubs, Tioga stem, MX 1000 caliper, Suede saddle, and a pair of Powerlite bars that were cut down way too much - so I got some pro bars to go on it. Also included was a pair of bear traps which I will be keeping as they almost feel  glued to my feet. It had a compe 3 rear tyre with a max daddy on the front, but after being told it wasn't OSSS legal I changed that to a compe 4.

I started racing in about 1982, had my first proper race at Buckmore, but then raced regularly at Rom, Woodham, Surbiton, Hounslow, Eastway etc.

I usually placed quite well but never did any good ranking wise really cos I couldn't get to races regularly, but I did win 1 national at Buckmore Park. (The highlight of my BMX career I guess.)

I went to an old mates house 3 years ago, and started talking about BMX. He told me he still had his PK Ripper, I asked to have a look, and fell in live with it. It needed lots doing, but I knew it could be a great bike, so asked him if he'd like to sell it to me. He said no, but wanted a new mobile so we ended up trading my mobile for the Ripper.

When I started looking ino restoring it I found that there was this thing called Old School BMX!! Shortly after that I went to ROM and got chatting with the geezers there and found out about this site. I got in touch with Humps (through the braintree BMX website) and went to a race at Braintree, and then Peterborough. The rest I guess is history...

Rooonga

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 08:31 PM »
Yeh - I know I have a left tech 4 on the right side. It was the only suitable lever I had laying around. Anyone wanna swap??

DR VINOAH

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 10:20 AM »
ace paul ace

cheers for the background info

right who,s next? ;)

DR VINOAH

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 02:46 PM »
oakley doakley

i think it would be rude if i didnt join in  :LolLolLolLol:

ladies and gentleman
may i introduce to you
the worlds famous
Diamond Back "Senior Pro" ;)

senior pro

1982 full chromoly f/f,tuff neck "pro stem",redline "stu series" bars,
uni seat,uni "hand granade" grips,dia compe 900,skyway "propads",tech 3 lever,
suntour s/clamp,araya,s to bulls eye,s (coming soon),knarler knobbies,1x3/8 inner tubes,
redline 180mm flights to shimano DX,izumi chain

one of me fav racing pix

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 03:06 PM by VINOAH,S ARK »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  OSSS race bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx