gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ET Kuwahara
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ET Kuwahara  (Read 628 times)

Offline gsaps

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
ET Kuwahara
« on: June 20, 2013, 08:59 AM »
I'm looking into getting an original ET to rebuild/by already done.
I know the make-up of the serial number of the original ones (T=tange, 2=1982 the letter indicates the month etc) but how can you tell if it was the high end looptail and which was the low end one (easy to tell the apollo)

Also how would you tell between a pristine original and one of the re-issues (they look identical to the untrained eye), do they have a different serial number configuration?

thanks for helping with question number 1

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: ET Kuwahara
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:03 AM »
the e.t's only differed in parts spec,the frame and forks were all the same except for as you mentioned the Apollo.im not sure if they were all tange made though, some may have been kuwahara made as both parties manufactured the framesets.all in all the et frameset was only made from mild steel and not chromoly so was in fact only a low end frameset really but obviously had the kuwi prestige
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline gsaps

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 11:05 AM »
thanks Markyp for the reply

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 12:07 PM »
If you haven't already, check out Jamie's Kuwie website.  He hasn't updated it for a while but it still makes a good read.

http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/kuwahara/

Chris  :daumenhoch:

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 01:47 PM »
i saw one standing around here on the street yesterday ...... secured only with the silliest of locks >:(  :idiot2:

Offline gsaps

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 02:29 PM »
thanks guys, i have had a look around Jamies really great site, i think i'm going a bit kuwahara stir crazy at the moment :idiot2:

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 02:44 PM »
nothing to be ashamed of ..... love a ratty lookin Spielberg Kuwie ...... like zthe one i saw yesterday ...... now it's gone  :crazy2:  wanted to find out if the owner actually wanted to get rid of it  ......procrastinatron blues :'(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ET Kuwahara

gfxgfx
gfx gfx