gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoring my 1985 green master. Part 5 cleaning and chroming.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Restoring my 1985 green master. Part 5 cleaning and chroming.  (Read 854 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
In this part I will go over some of the parts I restored or chromed. Some of the bits I haven't used as a one in a better condition came up.

Anyway the gt seat was taken off and cleaned up with some man juice!! I managed to get hold of a minty white dominator from another rad member. I sold this to some Turkish guy that likes gt's !!

Here's a couple of pics.

Another tange 320 headset was purchased and a good one was made up from the two. The leftover one was sold on.
Here is a pic of what I was left with :)

The tuff neck power disc was cleaned up. But a chrome gt one came up. So that was purchased as I liked the look of it. The tuff neck will either be sold on or fitted to a later build.

A load of stuff was sent of to hockleys for polishing and chrome. This included- a gt sr mallet stem, a set of redline single pinch full wrap cranks, various parts of the headset, and a set of mx 1000 brakes.
Here is a pic of the cranks and one of the brakes. I've got to say Hockley done a cracking job.

The shimano pedals were stripped and filed/rubbed down to remove all imperfections. These were then sent of to dan to powder. I have since managed to sort a nos set that have been stripped and chromed but they have yet to turn up.
Here's some pics of the pedal resto. These will be going on another of my builds.

A 1" gen 1 gyro was purchased along with some nos cables. Also I managed to get hold of a set of nos panaracer tyres. Adam sold me a dated 1985 dc white rear cable for my Potts mod. And lastly I got hold of a round logo gt layback which was sent off to dan to powder. The original seat post was binned as it had been cut down and looked odd. Along with the fooked cables and tyres.

Well that's all for this part. Part 6 will have it all back from powder! :)

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Restoring my 1985 green master. Part 5 cleaning and chroming.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:35 PM »

no brake cables here ,,,,,,,,,,,, must be on another thread  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Re: Restoring my 1985 green master. Part 5 cleaning and chroming.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:08 PM »
The cables are in this thread. Learn to read kappy!!  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoring my 1985 green master. Part 5 cleaning and chroming.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx