gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 11:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoring my 1985 green master. Part 1
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Restoring my 1985 green master. Part 1  (Read 829 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Restoring my 1985 green master. Part 1
« on: February 05, 2012, 04:20 PM »
Well a few of you got to see my 1985 green master at mk11 in the state I recieved it. It had been standing in a garage unused since 1987!  Here are a few pics of how it looked.  :)

As you can see it was in a bit of a state. Now I should let you all know now that I decided to restore the bits I liked. This may dissapoint some of you that wanted me to keep it how it was! But i'm not really into the whole survivor thing unless it is mint. This was bought with a view to restoring. Which is what I have done.  :daumenhoch:

I will be putting up part 2 in a few minutes when restoration begins!

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Restoring my 1985 green master. Part 1
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 04:28 PM »

:smitten: :smitten:  got to love a green Master  :daumenhoch:   looking forward to seeing it finished Stu  :)
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:37 PM »

:smitten: :smitten:  got to love a green Master  :daumenhoch:   looking forward to seeing it finished Stu  :)

x2.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 04:42 PM »
for some reason when you first get a bike in this condition it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up - and then it goes through you mind what it could look like and what needs to be done to it to get it back to what it was like when first new  >:D

swet bike stu mate - now i shall go see the other thread  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:09 PM »
Geez,

That is an awesome find :4_17_5: Where did you score that from(would love to know the story) ;)  How rare are those early 85's (non knurled), as i managed to score a survivor chrome one from the states 2yr's ago(it was a sport)...........& lastly where did you get the aqua blasting done? As i'm thinking of getting some steel flanged yellow tuff's done.

Well done on a great resto :daumenhoch: :smitten:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Cheers for the comments. I scored this bike of some bloke on eBay last year.
The aqua blasting was done by a guy from Colchester. If I remember right he was called cc aqua blasting. I found him on the net. He works from home blasting motorbike parts. I went one evening and sat there watching him do my wheels for 2 hours. It was amazing to see the transformation happen in front of your eyes. However it wasn't cheap to get done. But I was happy with the results and it meant I could keep the original wheels.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoring my 1985 green master. Part 1

gfxgfx
gfx gfx