gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 11:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  street bmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: street bmx  (Read 3086 times)

gayboy

street bmx
« on: May 27, 2006, 08:09 PM »
is street bmx=anti social riding?

theRuler

Re: street bmx
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 08:10 PM »
only if you ride through wolverhampton wearing a sandwich board like the one in die hard 3

Flaz

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 08:18 PM »
is street bmx=anti social riding?

NO not at all my mates Asbo Dave, Alan the Hoody and Jack the Knife or Happy Slapper as his close mates call him all reckon street bmx is the way forward  ;)

silentpartner

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 08:53 PM »
staying in the house watching tv is anti social!! kick ass on the street, but keep it new school. old bikes struggle with street abuse. street, trials or track its all bmx, just do it  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 08:55 PM »
The local street riders here are being threatened with losing their bikes if they keep it up. The council and police are on their case it seems.

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 09:09 PM »
street will always be underlying in bmx

its always there. always has, and always will be

the basis of street is flatland with obstacles

RADHAB

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 09:11 PM »

Boll@x!!!!! What are you on about Gray???? Street riding is a way of riding all of its own, got nothing to do with flatland!!!! Chainring grinds and handrail slides, when did they feature in anyones flatland routine???? I used to ride street a lot BITD and ride street as much as i can now, i love it but never do you see me intergrating any flatland in what i do or anyone else for thet matter. Next time i come to Bones we'll go out and find a nice street spot after its finished and i'll show you street riding hows that.?

bmx1984

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 10:01 PM »

Boll@x!!!!! What are you on about Gray???? Street riding is a way of riding all of its own, got nothing to do with flatland!!!! Chainring grinds and handrail slides, when did they feature in anyones flatland routine???? I used to ride street a lot BITD and ride street as much as i can now, i love it but never do you see me intergrating any flatland in what i do or anyone else for thet matter. Next time i come to Bones we'll go out and find a nice street spot after its finished and i'll show you street riding hows that.?
get you radhab ;D ;D street did originate from the old style of flatland (freestyle) as we called it back then,,I saw it happen but they are now two different things almost different sports. Must bring my handbag to bones ;D

RADHAB

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 10:05 PM »

get you radhab ;D ;D street did originate from the old style of flatland (freestyle) as we called it back then,,

Give me a really good example, bearing in mind i was around then as well.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 10:08 PM by RADHAB »

theRuler

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 10:07 PM »
the wheelie / manual

bmx1984

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 10:09 PM »
all the bob haro freestye book has been taken to the street ,360 a set of stairs bunnyhop everything its just evolved you must be able to see it :P

theRuler

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 10:10 PM »
lol and street riding has been around a lot longer than people have been doing grinds!

think more along the lines of hopping onto a block, do a tailwhip and hop off

RADHAB

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 10:10 PM »
the wheelie / manual

Does that mean that vert riding came from flatland as well????? What a load of cobblers!

RADHAB

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 10:14 PM »
I agree everything evolved from one trick but its a brave thing to say that Street riding came from Flatland alone Gray! I ride street hard and did back then and i dont use any flatland stuff in what i do, its not just about grinds there are loads of tricks and bits i do, different street spots demand different variations of street riding..........Wheel balance to wallride!! i dont think so.

bmx1984

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 10:17 PM »
I know its true but you can have your own opinion . Ask Tabron about the vert thing as he rode old school freestyle everyday when he was a kid and I know that because I saw him and it aint done him no harm.

radhab check your p m
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 10:19 PM by bmx1984 »

RADHAB

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 10:22 PM »
I know its true but you can have your own opinion . Ask Tabron about the vert thing as he rode old school freestyle everyday when he was a kid and I know that because I saw him and it aint done him no harm.

radhab check your p m

Ah...Mr Tabron......now there is a proper inner circle Member from BITD!!!!

bmx1984

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 11:44 PM »
I prefer street to anything and my best stuff bitd was old school freestyle . I think its all related and I get a buzz out of all kinds of riding. It all floats my boat man. ;)

theRuler

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 10:26 AM »
this thread makes me feel really old.

RADHAB

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 01:23 PM »
Just a thought.......what is everyone's interpretation of street riding???? Seems to be some confusion apparent, probably due to the age of some of the members, you know nearly 40 and all that :LolLolLolLol:

bmx1984

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 05:57 PM »
old gits ;D ;D

theRuler

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 06:52 PM »
thats nothing
someone told me that vert riding come from skateboarding.

as if!!!

i mean, bikes have 2 wheels for a start

j...

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 08:52 PM »
hmm, well i dont see street as being anti social.
i mean i can go to a skatepark with 10 bmxers there and no one talks to ya. where as ive ridden street up london , met riders from around the globe and had some amazing sessions. for example i met a south african guy up southbank who is on a working holiday here, i now hook up with him about once a week and ride street. (btw check out his site www.bloodshotink.co.za)
ive met many just as many riders through street riding as i have through park riding.
another way of looking at it is do riders want to ride in an icolated anti- social fashion: one person that springs to mind is jonah lidburg (on the drop the hammer dvd, not sure if i spelt that right) who only rides alone.

as for the age difference im 18: street riding , riding in the street, objects not made specifically for bmxing use that can be found in the street,  for example a set of stairs, a handrail, some sort of modern art sculpture etc...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:57 AM by j... »

j...

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 08:53 PM »
oh and i wasnt there as i havent been alive that long, but i would say mto a degree bmxing is influenced by skate boarding.
and on the flat land matter its definetly the case. a lot of older flat land tricks are making a comeback in street. for example all the hang 5 combos, i would say they are influenced by flatland.

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 11:54 PM »
I think some threads can be pulled together here. Maybe.
In the latter part of the 80s, riders were dressing like skaters and did wallrides. That's about all I can remember as far as street riding goes, put a small ramp up against a wall and ride up it. In about 1991, there was that skater event at South Bank, FIST (Freestyle in Street) which would've been part of the small nippy boards phase, replacing the huge 10x30in coffin doors I remember from '86. Little wheels, too.
BMX was in decline. Hoffman took up street riding, pulling rails and pegstalls on anything he could. God only knows how the pegs on his Bashguard Sport held up. Forward a bit to about 1994 and Mark Eaton's doing flatland moves in the Dorkin' videos, incorporating them in his street riding. Jay Miron does a bit of flatland in Mad Matt.
So I think there's always been a kind of parallel course that both things have followed, and like it or not, the two owe a lot each other.

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 03:02 PM »
yeah street defo has some flatland moves

the more new street movies i watch lately the more i see modern riders  incorporating flatland moves the same way mark eaton did steam rollers along ledges

theres even some in that awesome voices video in the video section

modern street is awesome, anyone seen the fly uno dvd?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  street bmx

gfxgfx
gfx gfx