gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 05:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  new school freestyle...which is best?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new school freestyle...which is best?  (Read 358 times)

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
new school freestyle...which is best?
« on: September 04, 2011, 03:54 PM »
im thinking of either buying complete or building one part by part...which i think is the way ill go..
but which is the best to buy.? subrosa..WTP...any info appreciated.
freestyle-street etc not dirt-race..
really keen to do this especially after seeing this..... http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=131967.0
im thinking middle to top end price wise...well hopefully..
chhers lads,Paul.. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:57 PM by Dubber »

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: new school freestyle...which is best?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 04:18 PM »
My opinion only...

Complete is the way to go on a budget.

Custom is the `old school' way, like back in the day, but with decent parts now!

Take your time, there is so much good stuff about, 1 or 2 years old, kids learning to drive, need insurance money... = bargains

The only problem for me is knowing what is `in' and what is  `sh!t'. Most of it looks the same!!

But rest assured, whatever you choose, whether it is good, bad or indifferent, you will get support, or pi$$ take from your brothers on RAD. (and none of it matters in the grown up world!)

The best point of it is, you are still happy to invest in this crazy world/sport/art of ours, and long may it continue.

Looking forward to seeing what you get.

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 04:25 PM »
 :) Custom is def the way to go,needn`t always be mega expensive if you`re patient and shop around.Look for deals/offer stuff from BMX shops and ChainRaection can always be good but avoid Winstanleys... :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 04:25 PM »
If by middle to top end budget wise, you mean 500-600 quid ish, give Stodgy a ring at the radbmxshop and buy the top end WTP or (swallows hard...) United complete bike.

Pound for pound out of the box, they're not at all bad and will last you years unless you're a meat head.

If you've got a couple of quid more, he'll build you a good custom at a discounted price.

griff

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 04:36 PM »
I like those subrosa DTTs - whenever I look at new stuff the bikes tend to look a bit samey and I think the top-tubes would maybe help the 'transition' to the dark side
No idea what they're like to ride though - only ever tried riding a couple of NS bikes and found a big difference in the way they handled - Pete Quad's gypsy felt ok but no idea what other frames would feel similar

Just as well the frames are nearly 300 quid and sold out everywhere  :)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 04:43 PM »
Rob speaks wise words, if you can find 2011 wethepeople models they will be discounted at the minute, but if you find one cheap, buy it, dont think about it cos it wont be there when you go back  :daumenhoch:

EG

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/wethepeople/volta-2011-bmx-bike-ec024477?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 04:48 PM »
 :) Getting the right size helps.Too long/short toptube and you`ll feel horrible riding it.Bars can be cut down and cranks/stems available in plenty of sizes.See if you can have a spin on mates bikes or ask down your local skatepark.

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Definitely talk to stodgy at the radshop, he really knows his stuff and if he hasn't got it, he normally can get it. I would go for a custom and take my time, ride your haros till you've got a rider. there's some bargains on ebay, i got a load of bits on my blue subrosa off there and the rest from the radshop. Funnily enough, i've gone back to my 2006 retro sport as it rides better on flat than the subrosa. I can ride park the same on all my bikes but there is a big difference on flatland. it depends what style you go for. The advice you've got here from the other lads is spot on. Good luck.

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 07:22 PM »
winstanleys have got a 2009 kink apex for just under £500 complete at the moment which is good for the money with some nice parts but i'd give dave a ring at the radbmx shop as you'll be amazed at some of the deals he can do you if ya tickle his balls  :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  new school freestyle...which is best?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx