gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 11:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  So who is holding onto a big box of !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: So who is holding onto a big box of !  (Read 562 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
So who is holding onto a big box of !
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:26 PM »
ok so your looking on ebay and you need a seat for you ride - so how the hell did kashimax seats get so high in price - just like elina lighting bolt seat and a couple of others
Now i know a nos seat is what we all would like and some on the market may not be up show standard - but hell these sold for about £3.45- £6.95 in the day and must of been shed loads made

just like dia compe 1000/900's in the day

you see some frame and forks go cheap cos the chrome isn't looking the best - well why not paint/powder it - you can then get a cheap set of mags to go on it - all the other parts but then you want a kashi and mx 1000 and then you gotta spend anopther £300 on just these two parts  :idiot2:

ok so i'm not talking about rare parts like some bits of hutch or jmc - but some thing to finish of a ride that quiet a few bmx's back in the day had, from cheap burners to hutch !

so who is holding onto a big box of kashi seats then ? :knuppel2:

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

JT71

Re: So who is holding onto a big box of !
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 04:10 PM »
thing is, when the arse fell out of bmx no one wanted the stuff.

some people, smart people, like Biaggio bought a load of stuff up.

but i bet lots of it just got skipped.

and the parts wore out and got broke.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Contrary to what the sceptics said, the price of Kashimax seat have soared even after they re-issued the Aero seat in various colours (was always available in black though).  It's a funny one, they are hard to get hold of so they sell high and the re-issues seem to have helped that fact. 

Plus there are a lot of people who pay the high prices and then sell on for even higher prices thus the spiral of ever higher prices is perpetuated  >:(.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 05:10 PM »
As you pointed out Mr Bendy,frames forks and generally metal parts can be repaired,however seats,grips and other plastic parts get damaged,worn out and cannot be repaired so easily.
So this is why seats etc are expensive :daumenhoch:
On the subject of mx1000,s , there was very little else,only,tourneys,weinmanns, most riders used dc or copy dc,s.
that is why these are expensive as there arent many alternatives :(

waza04

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 06:41 PM »
the prices are high because people pay the money......  hence the reason they stay high!  its like paying £50 for xmas dinner in a pub, we pay it! but if everyone thought fook it, im not doing it any more they would have to lower the prices! but its never gonna happen!  :-\

griff

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 07:10 PM »
kashimax seats are so 2010 - don't be a sheep get a  :-X

;D

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 07:16 PM »
it's about the mentality and affluence of the buyers, nothing more nothing less. I want that, i want it no matter how much, i can afford it(or can't really in a lot of cases).
Time and increased popularity, push the prices up in any hobby.  It's just a giant special interest pyramid scheme that can end as quick as it started if it's investors all pull out at the same time. Those that bought at the beginning win, those at the end, loose.
ding dong

sharp767

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 07:27 PM »
capitalism.

griff

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 08:08 PM »
it's the illuminati you mark my words

they're all at the secret bilderberg meetings discussing where to hide all the lost gen 1 haro frames and hutch grips

wake up people - only by buying reasonably-priced elina snakepost combos will you bring down the tyrannical oppressors of bmx

:angrysoapbox:
 :angel:

waza04

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 08:18 PM »
snake posts rule......  :4_17_5:

griff

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 08:22 PM »
snake posts rule......  :4_17_5:

the tide continues to turn
one day waza, people will speak of this pivotal moment in bmx history  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  So who is holding onto a big box of !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx