gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 08:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  built some more wheels
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: built some more wheels  (Read 629 times)

steve

built some more wheels
« on: June 26, 2010, 09:12 PM »
had the hubs and red nipples in some skinnies
had the spokes already 188mm's
bought another pair of nos ukai 1.5's off jt £45
alans had the nos 1.5 knarler knobby's, got some more -ebay

wanted some 20 by 1.5 rims, but drilled 28 holes - like a turbolites rims, for ages
these alesi rims, look similar to a 7xn 1.5, and the bonus is they are four, yes four quid each - ebay.
anyways i had the 28 hole bullseyes so i done fixed them up

i thought i had a 36 hole spoke set, in raw alloy spokes - i knew i had enough new little nipples as i used the red ones in the small flange suzue
typically who ever built the wheels I nicked the spokes from, used 2 different lengths of spokes, I had to paint strip some over spray off them
-then clean them, then sand them, then polish them, - so they all got jumbles up
-typically took ages to find the error as i was lacing them with odd spoke lengths -grrrrrrr!!!! -only 3mm in it but it was a right arse ache
anyways end result is good, had to 1 cross the front wheel as the spokes were too short

i've never seen 28 hole bullseye hubs THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT BULLSEYES, BUT 1983 'DK' HUBS OR JAX HUBS
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:25 AM by steve »

steve

Re: built some more wheels
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 09:26 PM »

all it was , was I wanted a spare set so me boy could ride it and i'd still have a nos set
anyways i have now ended up with 4 sets

what I will do though is fit the large flange blue hubs in the red rims
-the ukai aero in the campy record hubs.
-waiting fro some blue nipples

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  built some more wheels

gfxgfx
gfx gfx