gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 11:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  PAINTING IN THE LETTERS ON TUF NECK STEMS AND DC CALIPERS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PAINTING IN THE LETTERS ON TUF NECK STEMS AND DC CALIPERS  (Read 749 times)

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
PAINTING IN THE LETTERS ON TUF NECK STEMS AND DC CALIPERS
« on: February 28, 2010, 11:31 AM »
ok problem is i wanna paint some calipers and a stem but then wanna paint in the "sunken" letters in a different colour what is the best way of doing this so it looks professional? someone said you can just paint it in and then just wipe the excess off but i can't see this happening without it then taking the first colour off round the edges :-\

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: PAINTING IN THE LETTERS ON TUF NECK STEMS AND DC CALIPERS
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 11:55 AM »
i think you can get some new stickers for the calipers if they mx ones.
sure i seen em on ebay.
i know i aint got a steady enough hand to try and paint em in.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 11:56 AM »
no mate 880's and really wanna make them look original :daumenhoch:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:09 PM »
If the main coat of paint is dry, it won't come off.

Paint over the letters with the second colour and wipe off, leave to dry  :daumenhoch:

Rodgy1970

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 05:51 PM »
go to an art shop and get a quality fine brush, wouldn't say itll make it easy but it'll help, you'd be surprised the difference it'll make, I saw a thread on the museum and the fella used model paint as it's designed to be applied by brush

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 09:38 PM »
on the calipers its a peace of piss make sure the paints hardend and you can mask off the brake and lightly spray over the letters and once its dry you can use compound to get the excess off, but the tuf neck ull only/maybe  be able to do it if you polish it up as the tigers head is not deep enough to prime paint and then try to paint the head over in a diffrent colour

:daumenhoch:

Banachek BMX

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Yep - What Stephencosta said!! 880's work will that way. I had a white set powdered, then masked off the as much of the caliper as poss just exposing the logos, then used normal spray paint enamel (from B&Q - called Plasticoat). let that dry, take off the masking then used a very fine between coats finishing paper to remove the excess paint from around the logos. I was very pleased with the result - good luck with your resto :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  PAINTING IN THE LETTERS ON TUF NECK STEMS AND DC CALIPERS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx