gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975610 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 20, 2024, 04:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Justin (Porkchop) and the A'me unitron saga
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Justin (Porkchop) and the A'me unitron saga  (Read 8763 times)

Offline OldGooseGuy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Justin (Porkchop) and the A'me unitron saga
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2015, 04:06 PM »
I've sent a very polite email asking why A'ME is discriminating against Porkchop, and the old school community.

I do not expect a reply, but let's see...
WANTED! 1981 / 1982 Mongoose II or California Special F&F in chrome.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2015, 04:39 PM »
I've had a message of Justin tonight via FB (soz Joff).

Justin has been told by A'me that they will continue to supply him with products, providing that he places a $10,000 minimum order with them - something none of his competitors have to do.  >:(

So looks like they're discriminating him now.

Poor show from A'me.  "nono"

Is that for US exclusive distribution? There could be reasons for that level of investment.

Also, has any one asked alan if he moaned too, as he has UK ' exclusive' distribution?

I'd moan if I was selling stuff in the UK and my customers could buy imported product cheaper.

Rightly so as well.

Also, By his own admission, this isn't the first time they have had a fall out.

None of us know the true ins and outs here and there could be really good reasoning for the decisions being made.

Just a thought....

Very true and some valid points TJ, but this is a global economy nowadays and when buying stuff online like many people I don't really want to have to shop all over the place; I guess I am lazy!

I also think that

hear that.

thing is, the word exclusive is being banded about, by ame, and pointing customers towards the entities that hold that status.

thats a commercial decision usually around financial commitments and how easy people are to deal with.

put simply, if someone is prepared too, and they are not, then the person who is, is going to get the prefered position.

I cant tell someone how much they can sell my product for, but i can control the supply particularly if I dont have the monopoly on my market.

shit is what shit is.

you want a result here? then get everyone to boycott the grips....

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2015, 10:57 AM »
good points there JT. - So if i get it right A'me want to stop Porkchop from undercutting prices that make life hard for UK distributors. -- Porkchop could promise to sell for the same price as that main competitor in the UK Hm..

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2015, 12:39 PM »
I've had a message of Justin tonight via FB (soz Joff).

Justin has been told by A'me that they will continue to supply him with products, providing that he places a $10,000 minimum order with them - something none of his competitors have to do.  >:(

So looks like they're discriminating him now.

Poor show from A'me.  "nono"

Is that for US exclusive distribution? There could be reasons for that level of investment.

Also, has any one asked alan if he moaned too, as he has UK ' exclusive' distribution?

I'd moan if I was selling stuff in the UK and my customers could buy imported product cheaper.

Rightly so as well.

Also, By his own admission, this isn't the first time they have had a fall out.

None of us know the true ins and outs here and there could be really good reasoning for the decisions being made.

Just a thought....

Very true and some valid points TJ, but this is a global economy nowadays and when buying stuff online like many people I don't really want to have to shop all over the place; I guess I am lazy!

I also think that

hear that.

thing is, the word exclusive is being banded about, by ame, and pointing customers towards the entities that hold that status.

thats a commercial decision usually around financial commitments and how easy people are to deal with.

put simply, if someone is prepared too, and they are not, then the person who is, is going to get the prefered position.

I cant tell someone how much they can sell my product for, but i can control the supply particularly if I dont have the monopoly on my market.

shit is what shit is.

you want a result here? then get everyone to boycott the grips....

Good points again JT  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2015, 12:55 PM »
good points there JT. - So if i get it right A'me want to stop Porkchop from undercutting prices that make life hard for UK distributors. -- Porkchop could promise to sell for the same price as that main competitor in the UK Hm..

Pork chop can't be forced to change their pricing strategy, but would appear to have been resistant to suggestions it should charge more.

This is the only control mechanism left, particularly if you are under pressure from other 'exclusive' resellers.

I would have put my money where my mouth was and bought the lot. They are gonna sell whichever way

Other option is to get limited runs made just for you... Again, requires financial commtment. Again, this would appear to be what Ame have asked for....

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2015, 07:54 PM »
intricate!  ...looks like not much can be done but (continue to) write mails of praise to Ame..

at least we now see that its not necessarily (just) defamation going on, thanks for the insight :daumenhoch:

Pork chop can't be forced to change their pricing strategy, but would appear to have been resistant to suggestions it should charge more.

This is the only control mechanism left, particularly if you are under pressure from other 'exclusive' resellers.

.of course Ame could charge different prices...... just sayin :-X.  That's why i was hinting towards a compromise towards equalising (word?) the benefits. Like: Porkchop could raise the shipping costs specifically for Unitrons sent to the UK. --- Don't know if this would satisfy the competitor, but in case its a UK competitor, he could be, as most british customers would normally prefer the nearer seller (other circumstances being the 'same'). And Porkchop could count on its base of loyal customers.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:20 PM by fischflo »

Offline OldGooseGuy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2015, 08:59 AM »
It should not be possible to buy grips from the USA and get them delivered to the UK for less than the UK distributor can sell them for.

Either A'me is overcharging charging the UK distributors for the product, or the UK distributors are adding too much margin...

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2015, 11:01 AM »
and thats the crux of the problem.

there is no 'exclusivity' if someone operates a web based just in time business model ( from home) . Super efficient inventory management and low overhead, vs established commercial entities with larger overheads and bigger and older stock holding.

Porchchop can sell for less margin, but probably end up with the same if not more net profit.

An open minded approach and lots of communication would have probably allowed an effective work around, some colours going one way, some another etc....

I'd be very suprised if AMe change their mind, particularly as Porkchop have gone so public with it.

Offline OldGooseGuy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2015, 11:40 AM »
We live in a global marketplace, and in the end (in the UK) we should not be forced to pay higher retail prices for A'Me products in order to protect a distributor from competition.

If the established commercial entities with larger overheads can't compete, they shouldn't be complaining to a supplier about the competition, and spend the time working on their business plan to make themselves more competitive.

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2015, 12:25 PM »
everyone needs to get a grip

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2015, 12:50 PM »
We live in a global marketplace, and in the end (in the UK) we should not be forced to pay higher retail prices for A'Me products in order to protect a distributor from competition.

If the established commercial entities with larger overheads can't compete, they shouldn't be complaining to a supplier about the competition, and spend the time working on their business plan to make themselves more competitive.

agreed.

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2015, 02:08 PM »
I don't know Justin as I don't buy from him, but I have 1 question?

Is he complaining about paying a lot of Corporation Tax or his rate of Corporation Tax?

If I ever complained about the former (and I pay a lot) I'd get told to "fook off" and deservedly so...

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2015, 11:11 AM »

Is he complaining about paying a lot of Corporation Tax or his rate of Corporation Tax?

If I ever complained about the former (and I pay a lot) I'd get told to "fook off" and deservedly so...

If I have it right, neither, he's stating that he pays no differently to any other bricks and mortar business or any other internet business (except Apple, Google, Microsoft and the like who it seems pays varying amounts below what they really should).

It's about being taken seriously as a business and being able to buy products to sell to sustain that business.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2015, 03:27 PM »

If I have it right, neither, he's stating that he pays no differently to any other bricks and mortar business or any other internet business (except Apple, Google, Microsoft and the like who it seems pays varying amounts below what they really should).

It's about being taken seriously as a business and being able to buy products to sell to sustain that business.

Ah yes, I misread/interpreted.

I did find it odd someone would complain about making money.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Justin (Porkchop) and the A'me unitron saga

gfxgfx
gfx gfx