gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 07:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Duplicate Thread, but completely justified.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Duplicate Thread, but completely justified.....  (Read 4697 times)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Duplicate Thread, but completely justified.....
« on: August 13, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Colin Winkelmann.

R.I.P.

I'm absolutely gutted. The more I think about it the more it troubles me. I don't suppose I will ever know what drives people to take their own life, but it always strikes me as such a waste, a terrible loss to everyone around them.

If you don't know who I'm talking about, go and do your homework.  Double flips in about 1995. Huge gaps and twists. Record breaking long jumps (100ft plus)....

Never had the pleasure of meeting him myself, but know a few people who did, never ever a bad word to say and never a bad word said about  him.

Some people might say he was the saviour of DK, the firm definately took a turn for the better after he joined the team and everyone I know always looked forward to a Winkelmann interview or video section. A few went out and bought General Lees for that very reason.

My condolences to his family and friends, a massive blow to BMX, we have lost a true icon. One of my personal heros.

Ride On.

Rob.

WizardWeb

Re: Duplicate Thread, but completely justified.....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Can't add any more to what Rob has said. A big shock and very sad loss for sure. My condolences to his family and friends.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Duplicate Thread, but completely justified.....
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 06:42 PM »
Aye, Big up all the friends and family our thoughts are with you.

RIP the CW.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Duplicate Thread, but completely justified.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx