gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975756 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 05:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series  (Read 30760 times)

kennyhunter6061

Re: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
« Reply #325 on: July 05, 2009, 11:40 PM »
The only alternative to running a race on Saturday 25th July is to just cancel it and make one of the rounds in August a double header, possibly the last round?  And in future no outside agencies will be allowed to use out track on a Sunday  :knuppel2:

Cancelling our race on 25th would have course allow us to go on another road trip to the next round of the North Regionals at Manchester  :)  Just a thought......
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:52 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #326 on: July 05, 2009, 11:51 PM »
OK folks… here is a list of the names I have so far for the bike/helmet names
That I will bring along on Thursday.
If you want a different colour to white, then please reply giving me the colour you would prefer.
Please also check the spelling of your names.
I will have your full name made so you have the option of the full name and if you don’t want that you just tear off the second name before applying. (its individual letters prespaced so you don’t see a tear or anything like that)

Niall Craig - white
Louie Craig - white
Reece Craig - white
Megan Craig - white
Mark McPake - ?
Roan Archibald - white
Leon Archibald - white
Brett Archibald – white
Kenny Scullion – white
Kenny Hunter – white
Ian Archibald – white
Scott Davidson – white
Sian Boyle – white
Marc ? – white
Steve ? – white
Davie ? – white
GOGO ? – white
Stephen Fraser - white
Kevin Rettie - white

If you want added to the list please reply and ill add you…
As I said, this is completely free to all titans members.

Bret i return the same date mate... you will probably be on my plane.
you'll no miss me... ill be the screaming loony at the back... tied to his chair pumped full of sedatives and a pile of sh1te at my feet were its run out at my ankles. (oh how i hate bloody flying!)  :crazy2:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #327 on: July 05, 2009, 11:54 PM »
Rab, could I have 'Harley Hunter' in white, 'Kade Hunter' in white and my own sticker in black?  Cheers!

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #328 on: July 05, 2009, 11:59 PM »
No problem Kenny... ive now added to the list below.
anyone else needing colours changed or their name added or altered?

Niall Craig - white
Louie Craig - white
Reece Craig - white
Megan Craig - white
Mark McPake - ?
Roan Archibald - white
Leon Archibald - white
Brett Archibald – white
Kenny Scullion – white
Kenny Hunter – Black
Harley Hunter - White
Kade Hunter - White
Ian Archibald – white
Scott Davidson – white
Sian Boyle – white
Marc (second name?) – white
Steve (second name?) – white
Davie (second name?) – white
GOGO (first/second name?) – white
Stephen Fraser - white
Kevin Rettie - white

Ill supply 4 of each... that way you all have two for your bike and two for helmet.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 12:02 AM by Rab-Lambie »

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #329 on: July 06, 2009, 12:31 AM »
Here are a few more Rab

Marc Stewart   could I also get some that say  Kuwahero  if thats not to cheeky
Leah Scullion
Stuart McIntosh
Dan Kerr
Colin Jamieson
Grant Jamieson
Steven Mitchell
David Lindsey
Paul Kennard
Jacqueline Kennard
Alistair Kennard
David Herron
Carla Herron
Andrew Herron
Steven McFarlane
Keir McFarlane
Jordan O'Connell
Jude Crawley
Ali Stewart

Also do a shit load of  TITANSBMX.CO.UK  in numerous colours.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:27 PM by kuwahero »

MarkMcPake

« Reply #330 on: July 06, 2009, 08:11 AM »
Hey Rab

Ben McPake
Robert McPake
Mark McPake

All in Black Please :daumenhoch:

Stevo

« Reply #331 on: July 06, 2009, 02:03 PM »
Rab, sent you an invite for the social site.

Just to confirm my name for the stickers is: Steven Mitchell print them in blue, red or black please.

Thanks for doing this.

Cheers

kevin rettie

« Reply #332 on: July 06, 2009, 02:15 PM »
Hi Rab

Thanks for adding me to the list mate. Can you also add Calum Rettie.

Ta

Niall76

« Reply #333 on: July 06, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Can I get mine in Rasta colours?......

Only kidding. ;)

Davey

« Reply #334 on: July 06, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Hi Rab .

Mine would be Davey Lindsay in white.

Cheers m8.

A won the biccy comp fair and sqr..    Rematch on thurs... :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

Paulo

« Reply #335 on: July 06, 2009, 09:24 PM »
Flippin eck guys. This is pure rock and roll.

Rab...thanks for doing the stickers...very kind of you. My name and the kids are on Kuwahero's post.

Stevo...good man for setting up the forum. Can't wait to get onto it.

and there's a real buzz about the club.

:LolLolLolLol:

MarkMcPake

« Reply #336 on: July 06, 2009, 09:29 PM »
Kenny,

I just had a thought. I think you are on to a winner with the one sales.... It seems that every one who get an injury then gets a one..
Davey
Brett
me
and maybe Rab.

Thats not bad with all the old schoolers showing up you should have early retirement in your sights soon  ;D ;D ;D

kevin rettie

« Reply #337 on: July 06, 2009, 10:41 PM »
Thought I should update my file from bitd... read 'em and weep Kenny  :LolLolLolLol:

name : Kevin Rettie
First bike:- Team Murray (the one with the heavy as fook mags)
last bike:- Progressed onto a Mongoose Californian then finally my Harry Leary Turbo (which i still have) 
NS bike:- I am resisting keeping up with the Joneses..... Would love a NS GHP (always wanted on bitd)
OS gearing run :- 45/16, I could never spin 42s and 43s like the Steve Fraser
started racing around :- 1984
finished racing around :- 1987(ish) Sad that I can't even remember making the decision to stop or what race was my last!

Best Rankings:-
National Rank : No 3 in 14 y/o in 1985, No 1 in 15 y/o in 1986, No 1 in 16 y/o in 1987.  :4_17_5:
Regional Rank : Similar to national ranking except one year where I slipped to 3rd  :2gunsfiring_v1: not happy!

fav moment(s):-
Racing all over the Scotland and England. Racing the Worlds in Slough and Orlando. Travelling to Nationals in the North of england with Steve and Mike Fraser in their bashed up Sherpa Van in 1987 (?). Getting blootered the night before travelling to Englandshire with the Fasers in their bashed up Sherpa van.... Racing the Champion of Champions at Tamworth I think in '86, getting a great gate behind Dean Idiols thinking 'this is it' and falling at the second Berm only to come in last and missing out on a nice big trophy:knuppel2:. Sessioning the camels and triples at Nairn on a race day in practice, in fact everything about racing at Nairn. Loads of great memories and loads of good friends made - hope they all turn up on a website or to Clydebank soon! The feeling of jumping a set of doubles - its the same now as it was back then, you can't beat that feeling  :)

first track raced :- Granton on Spey
fav track :- Nairn, Tamworth and quite liked Musselburgh
worst track :- Blairgowrie

MarkMcPake

« Reply #338 on: July 06, 2009, 11:26 PM »
Kevin,

The track in Tamworth was that the one with two start hills? think I remember going to that one.

Memories are coming back :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #339 on: July 08, 2009, 12:00 AM »
just bought masel some body armour 661 mainly for the 1st weekend at Fortwilliam but think I'll start using it down a C-bank guys especially if Rabs next to me on a jump....

Rab have you looked at backflips yet?????

;D ;D ;D missed that steven...  dont worry mate, jumping next to me is safe, im a dead cert to go down forst so landing on me cushions the blow!
who needs body armour when you have me to land on?  :D

not sure the exact 661 armour you got but mine is all 661 too and its really good... was messing about on thursday and took 3 daft falls. one left me having sex with my bike at the bottom of the table top. honestly say i never felt a thing! (maybe that was due to the lube on my arse) even though i did scuff the hell out the armour at the elbows, not a scratch on me.

now that said, and this is classic me... in the whole history of biking i never broke a bone. yet broke my foot and ankle in the daftest of wee topples in school and at work. no handers no leggers at 100mph and not a scratch and i go break my ankle in a high heel... (only at the weekend lads!) ::)
anyway... my knee often pops out at the gym or out and about... i dont feel it ridng just walking. but ive been crippled all week. knee in brace as i type. better be fixed for thursday or am gonna have to chop the fecker off and get on with it!  :) seriosuly doing my head in as i need as much practice as i can get or ill never make the olympics...  ??? ahem... i mean the brits!  :'( ok... maybe the B-Final in at clyde bank!  :coolsmiley:

ok here is the final names list n no articular order. please check spelling as they go in as shown.
the colour is stated next to each.
there will be 4 of each at .5 inch high in bold text. (2 for frame & 2 for helmet, each side)

gogo cannie see your name mate... i thought it was gordon somtheing?
mark ive put red for you but if no use let me know mate.. same goes for rest. cannie change them after thursday morning folks so please let me know a.s.a.p.
if your names not down just reply here and ill add it

GOGO (first/second name?) – white
Kenny Hunter – Black
Mark McPake - red
Davey Lindsay - white
Niall Craig - white
Louie Craig - white
Reece Craig - white
Megan Craig - white
Ben McPake - white
Robert McPake - white
Roan Archibald - white
Leon Archibald - white
Brett Archibald – white
Kenny Scullion – white
Harley Hunter - White
Kade Hunter - White
Ian Archibald – white
Scott Davidson – white
Sian Boyle – white
Stephen Fraser - white
Kevin Rettie – white
Calum Rettie – white
Marc Stewart - white
Kuwahero - white
Leah Scullion - white
Stuart McIntosh - white
Dan Kerr - white
Colin Jamieson - white
Grant Jamieson - white
Steven Mitchell - white
David Lindsey - white
Paul Kennard - white
Jacqueline Kennard - white
Alistair Kennard - white
David Herron - white
Carla Herron - white
Andrew Herron - white
Steven McFarlane - white
Keir McFarlane - white
Jordan O'Connell - white
Jude Crawley - white
Ali Stewart – white

davie, cream cracker race mate... me you, stevie, colin and anyone else gemm enough to compete in such challenge.
winner appears on "Titans Got Talent" at the next meet.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:02 AM by Rab-Lambie »

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #340 on: July 08, 2009, 03:06 AM »
Rab, Gogo's name is Goron Reilly but I'm sure he'd prefer just 'Gogo'  :daumenhoch:

Oh, and it's SEAN Boyle, not Sian.  You'd never hear the last of it!  :D

teamsano

« Reply #341 on: July 08, 2009, 07:18 AM »
just spotted this, thanks kenny, and rab of course.

won'y be on for a while boys, i'm just leaving to go to germany for the worlds, see you when i return! :idiot2:

MarkMcPake

« Reply #342 on: July 08, 2009, 07:46 AM »
Hey Rab

Can you make them Black for

Mark McPake
Ben McPake
Robert McPake

Cheers again mate   :daumenhoch:

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #343 on: July 08, 2009, 09:32 AM »
thanks kenny.... no problem marc... enjoy germany gogo...  ;)

archboi

« Reply #344 on: July 08, 2009, 04:56 PM »
Hi Lads

Just back off holiday.Had a great time.
Well done to Davey at Lytham :daumenhoch:

Hi Rab. Thanks for the stickers.Could i get an extra bike set in Silver/grey for the new school XLP.

What's the next race/event/whatever ??? 

Who's all going to MK?

Niall76

« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2009, 05:53 PM »
Guys - get on over to Steve's new site - it's ace.  Best place to catch us all.....

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #346 on: July 08, 2009, 08:39 PM »
ur names not down  - ur not comin in! Stevie's site that is; where's ma invite?

Rab can I have mine in black with white inner border/chrome outer italic bold arial?!!!

Gogo I thought the Worlds were in Oz this year?

See u's at Cbank the morra - weather's lookin gooood

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #347 on: July 08, 2009, 08:45 PM »
Brett,
PM me your email address and I'll invite you

stevj

« Reply #348 on: July 08, 2009, 09:35 PM »
here's my BITD got 10mins to spare;

first race; open at Grantown on Spey borrowed bro's Huffy 84' then bought Pete Scotts nickel plated Goose the following week,  which is now buried in a garden in Forres

1985 won my first scottish national at Irvine on a Skyway TA ended 4th that year in scotland 15's

1986 got a JMC Daryl Young won a few that year came 1st in Scotland 16's and made the  World Slough quarters to be taken out by Darren wood on 3rd turn.

1987 got my zeronine proxl (which I still race) went to the world masters in France with Ian Archibald, Gary Macrae and a young Mr Hoy got taken out on last berm in the semi's lyin 3rd by Hoogedoorn (7ft dutch feker). Indoor track on carpet amazingoh and bringing Paris Charles de Gauld airport to a standstill while they defused my suitcase long story left it unattended. Came 2nd in Scottish that year crashing at Livi not good. Europeens where memorable as I recall never did make Amsterdam met some birds the night before blah blah blah.

1988 superclass bit of a blur now but memory says I won a few that year regaining a no1 racing my zeronine proxl in that pink purple Revcore outfit. Think it was the trips to Englandshire at weekends with dads old blue sherpa (Rettie's, Dollier, Beefy, Geordie, Kev Dick, Mike, Graham Campbell, Bud Ralph, Sandy "wobble" and more) memorable road trips REDCAR who got lost on Saturday night? Whitehaven the 4 storey house we took over, Tamworth great track Kev but Redcar felt better, Wigan for the doubles oh so many doubles, Dollier no holding his drink and pukin out the back doors at 4am on the A9 traveling south, Chesterfield where everyone bought bodyarmour, Studying for o grades and highers in the van on the way down and on the way back, Derbyand all the B&B's me mum booked and looked after us  :LolLolLolLol:

1989 like Kev i gave up that year the fun had gone fed up with adult politics and thought I better get a job...

Gearing in the day was 42/16  43/16 45/17 depending on the track but mainly 42/16 now running 42/14

Favourite tracks
Nairn - hometown lived it breathed it night racing was fun pitch dark
Wigan - doubles everywhere and big
Redcar - fast track
Chesterfield - for speed

favourite jump
Wigan - second straight 2 large doubles when you nailed them they were sweet and fast

Favourite moment
sitting on the gate at the world masters in south of france january 87 sunny and back home had snow.

Funniest moment
any time we all piled in to the blue van to go south was carnage thank god "you tube" wasn't round then  :LolLolLolLol:

Worst track
there were none you just looked forward to ridin something someone else built each weekend.

Now just enjoying reliving my youth each sunday when I can and enjoying ma boy tryin to do the same. Also the banter and the old faces the crack is there as it was in 84 when I went to Grantown that day. Keep the thing alive guys and keep it fun.... :4_17_5:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2009, 10:53 PM »
Results for R5 of the Summer Series.  A bit of a low turnout in Oldschool.  Ian was riding 17+ on his new Ripper XLP as well as Cruiser on his old Elf, David Lindsay had defected to the North Series  :knuppel2: , Colin was working, Paul had a 'do', Scott was having a chillout day and did commentating, and Mike was just out hospital so him and Steven were also absent.  Despite this there were more new faces in all the other classes so we had a really good turnout.  The track may have been a bit damp to start with but it didn't slow down the racing which was pretty damn hot.  Some tough racing with everyone really upping their game, which is great to see.  Hopefully we'll see some videos soon (Stevo???  :) )

Oldschool
1.  Brett Archibald      50pts
2.  Kenny Scullion      47pts
3.  Marc Stewart      45pts
4.  Steven Mitchell      44pts
5.  Steven Procter      43pts

17+ Boys
1.  Ian Archibald      50pts
2.  Brett Archibald      47pts
3.  Mark McPake      45pts
4.  Kenny Hunter      44pts
5.  David Herron      43pts
6.  Greg Layden      42pts
7.  Paul Fox      41pts
8.  Niall Craig      40pts
9.  Steven McFarlane   35pts
10.Richard Lord      32pts
11.Greig Allan      31pts
12.Lewis Allan      30pts

Cruiser
1.  Ian Archibald      50pts
2.  Craig McLennaghan   47pts
3.  Sean Boyle      45pts
4.  Shug Ducat      44pts

Stevo will have full results up on www.titansbmx.co.uk very soon  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx