gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 24, 2024, 01:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series  (Read 29898 times)

Rab-Lambie

Re: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
« Reply #300 on: July 02, 2009, 12:18 AM »
thanks for the feedback guys, ill keep searching then.
just off ebay but my heads hurting looking at so many bloody pages. so far nothing takes my fancy. though there are some good ones on ebay.com but thye dont ship outside the uk.   :(

any links/pics to mussleburgh new track?

one thought, and i know there isnt allot can be done... but does first straight head into the wind/coast? im doing this from memory and i quite liked the old track but there was often a head on wind on the gate... or am i talking bolderdash again!  :)

kevin rettie

« Reply #301 on: July 02, 2009, 09:29 AM »
Hi Rab

Check out the musselburgh track thread, theres a link attached to some pictures in it somewhere:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=68728.0;topicseen

The location of the track is further away from the race course than it was bitb with a different layout. Looking good though.

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #302 on: July 03, 2009, 02:34 PM »
Correct Rab the wind did get up quite a bit on the old track and it blew the dust off the pans, but it looks like the trees have grown a fair bit since then which might provide a wee bit more protection from the wind........can't be any worse than C-bank!

Can't believe you've almost destroyed your Redline - you've only been to the track about 5 times on it; mind you not many OS'ers are trying to pull 360's these days!! ya nutter!!!!

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #303 on: July 03, 2009, 02:41 PM »
Can't believe you've almost destroyed your Redline

Time to get a ONE methinks!  ;)

MarkMcPake

« Reply #304 on: July 03, 2009, 08:36 PM »

Time to get a ONE methinks!  ;)

Getting my ONE on Sunday  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #305 on: July 03, 2009, 08:41 PM »
Rab had a wee blat on my One XXXXXXXXXXXXL on Thurs and he may be hooked........it's more stable and that can only be good for his kamikazi style

Speaking of kamikazis - all the best at Lytham on Sunday Davey/Davey's shooder; do the Titans proud!

stevj

« Reply #306 on: July 03, 2009, 10:49 PM »
just bought masel some body armour 661 mainly for the 1st weekend at Fortwilliam but think I'll start using it down a C-bank guys especially if Rabs next to me on a jump....

Rab have you looked at backflips yet?????

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #307 on: July 03, 2009, 11:02 PM »
Your right bret... even though you had clip pedals and the bike was well too oversized for me the length did feel comfortable and bike rode very smooth. even though i was really only pedaling over the track slow i really liked it.
I was speaking to tony yesterday so i might go ahead and buy the kuwahara 09 laserlite pro and tony can use the redline for kicking about on at track meets. thing is though... some mentioned the laserlite is not any longer than my redline proline pro? this being the case... maybe just getting a ONE would be the route to take? can anyone advise?
i really like the ONE's very nifty looking bikes...  so maybe a bonus...

have to mention, as you know i bought all the 661 body armour kit etc absolutely top notch stuff, well worth the money. i shagged myself in a few falls from my bike doing a few cough cough, sneeze, ahem ahem 360's over the table topon thrusday and after each fall, i swear i felt nothing at all... got up dustied down and away i went. (not sure if not hurting myself after a fall is a good thing now though :uglystupid2:;D
anyway, i know loads of you guys have various bikes and many of them toppers... but invest in the gear too. too many folk around the track with war wonds and armour bought only after the event. now thats my H&S lecture over...

like a fud... and not even on my bike, ive knocked my knee out and i cannie bend the bloody thing... always happens at a weekend when your wanting to go to the dancing in the city and find some mary make-up for a wee nose dive into her doubles.  :D

and davie.... i think me and colin take joint first at the HOB-NOB eating contest mate... there were vicious rumours you were chating mate. sorry...
but kenny scullions decision is final. "yer a cheat big man..... "

tell him kenny...  tell him it wis your decision mate.  :coolsmiley:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dont worry, its farrero rouchet next week... spelling?  ???

teamsano

« Reply #308 on: July 04, 2009, 07:57 AM »
even though you had clip pedals

is this true? thought this was a bmx site?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:18 AM by teamsano »

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #309 on: July 04, 2009, 03:36 PM »
You tell him gogo, next it'll be shave legs and lycra!  >:D  Rab, I can get the rather spiffing Redline Flight Pro XL and XXL frames in red/white for a very nice price if you're just after a bigger frame.  Remember that I can still get the black/gold PK Ripper looptails at a great price too if you're after another complete bike.  I could have got you a Redline Proline Pro XL in black for a silly price too.  I'll see you at the track before you go spending cash elsewhere.

Hurry Up and Buy!  Thank you Please!

MarkMcPake

« Reply #310 on: July 04, 2009, 04:28 PM »
Your right bret... even though you had clip pedals

Ok Bret honestly do you feel a big difference with the Clips in terms of speed etc, I am going to invest in some new pedals but i have always ignored the clip idea, but i guess I could use all the help I can get.

Cheers

Niall76

« Reply #311 on: July 04, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Clips are pretty different.  I have a pair of DX that I could you lend you if you fancy trying them out.

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #312 on: July 04, 2009, 11:53 PM »
An accident waiting to happen....that's my take on the clips, but seen as I keep losing my triple cage bear traps, at least they keep my feet on the pedals!

Don't know if it's any quicker or not, just know my feet aren't gonna fly off on the second straight - then again that might be the 185 flights on my Holmes?

We'll soon find out when the next race will be a replay of Nairn 1988 when we all jumped ship from 16+ to superclass - NS is gonna have 3 full motos!!

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #313 on: July 04, 2009, 11:58 PM »
Strike that last post - Unless Kenny's made a mistake!!! and the next race is actually on the sunday (26th) as usual and not saturday, as I'll still be in Ibiza.

Kenny?

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #314 on: July 05, 2009, 12:06 AM »
wasn't the saturday supposed to be the day when dylan clayton was doing his second training session. or should I say first as he didn't turn up last time.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #315 on: July 05, 2009, 01:01 AM »
No, Scottish Cycling did the last RSR on a Saturday, but they've decided to do the next one on a Sunday  >:(  Not very helpful, and it means we have to move our race to the Saturday.  It'll be even more annoying if we've had to move our race date for 7 people to turn up at the RSR like last time.  No mention of Dylan Clayton at all this time, so don't hold your breath.

So, to clarify, the next race is on SATURDAY 25th JULY

The rest of the summer calendar looks like this:

R6: SUNDAY 2nd August
R7: SUNDAY 9th August
R8: SUNDAY 30th August
Scottish Open Championships: SAT 5th SEPT - Gate Practice (£2 per rider) 1-3pm, SUNDAY 6th SEPTEMBER - RACING!!!

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2009, 01:28 AM »
Mark as you will know mate... im a complete newbie back on the scene mate so my views and opinions on some things might be a bit out... but... first big problem i had was pedal slipping. first race meet (see videos on youtube) 4 out of 4 races i slipped my pedals and almost split my peas on impact each time.  :P
i bought a new pair of vans and switched to Oddessey black widow bear trap style pedals. i can honestly say the combination of both are the bizz! i looked at buying hutch bear traps but at £200 it was a bit of gamble if i didnt like them. anyway, love the oddessey now and i have had a look/tried a few since at the track. kenny had some bear traps, davie had the hutch NS traps etc and i honestly think the oddessey black widows are better. (no disresect guys  :D) and only cost £45...

Kenny, ill have a think about that mate, you could be right in just going for the longer redline frame or even the complete redline bike again maybe the way to go. i keep reverting to the kuwahara laser lite because thats the last bike i used before giving up back in the day. but seeing your own ONE, davies and brets kinda got my liking the idea of one of those.

on different subject...

I know i spoke to some folk at the track the other night. I'll be there next thursday night too and i wanted to bring along everyones "names stickers for their bikes or helmets" but what i need is a list of everyones "full names" and the spelling. so i need you to reply here with the name you want on your frame?
the text will be in white. if you really dont think white will be right for your bike tell me a colour and ill get it done in that colour for you, but easiest all round in white.

the text will be your name... full name or initial and full name. i.e.
Bret Archibald or B. Archibald all sets comes as a PAIR so if you need a set for your helmet also. please state.

the text will be bold and capitals and lower case. capitals .4inch high.

so please just reply here with the name you want for your bike and or helmet as it should read and ill be at the track thursday for you to collect.
i can leave them with anyone you wish if you cant make it.

Plese note, These are free of charge to all Titan BMX members only.

So if you want these graphics/stickers for your bike/helmet please reply asap

cheers....

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #317 on: July 05, 2009, 01:34 AM »
Strike that last post - Unless Kenny's made a mistake!!! and the next race is actually on the sunday (26th) as usual and not saturday, as I'll still be in Ibiza.

Kenny?

brett... your kidding me... im going to be in ibiza too on that date mate... where mate?   :2funny:
just want to know so i can dump my mrs and kids with you and ill be off to CREAM for a weekender.  >:D

yeeek-yahhh saddle-up and ride yer poney-settle down or youll get lonely!  :D

MarkMcPake

« Reply #318 on: July 05, 2009, 08:53 AM »
We'll soon find out when the next race will be a replay of Nairn 1988 when we all jumped ship from 16+ to superclass - NS is gonna have 3 full motos!!

Excellent Guy's - the more in NS 17+ the better, more practice for the brits...... :daumenhoch: hey we could even have our own masters soon  ;D ;D ;D ;D

tonloc

« Reply #319 on: July 05, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Robert will be in Ibiza for 2 weeks and will be back on the Sunday 26th - think at 2pm so he miss this one.   I will come along though and maybe take part this time as the racing did look good at last meeting.   Will blag roberts ride and take part in the new school 17+.   

MarkMcPake

« Reply #320 on: July 05, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Robert will be in Ibiza for 2 weeks and will be back on the Sunday 26th - think at 2pm so he miss this one.   I will come along though and maybe take part this time as the racing did look good at last meeting.   Will blag roberts ride and take part in the new school 17+.  

Excellent Tony you will have a laugh its good fun  :daumenhoch:

Niall76

« Reply #321 on: July 05, 2009, 08:20 PM »
That's excellent Rab, nice one.

Ours are:

Niall Craig
Louie Craig
Reece Craig
Megan Craig

The kids will be pretty chuffed!

Went over to the track today, weather was lovely.  Me and Kenny H set up the speakers and amp etc over in the middle between the 2nd and 3rd straight - worked really well.  Got Kenny to put on the theme tune from Smokey and the Bandit - lol - Brilliant!

Mark M got his new ONE sorted out - very nice bike indeed.  The gate is running perfectly now, the random start is really growing on me.  The kids are really getting better every week and I've got a bunch of good photos.  Must get them up...

We'll be over again on Thursday, hopefully the weather will be good...

Rab, speak to Kenny H and get a bike through the club, was having a natter with him and can get his hands on some pretty nice stuff.

Stevo

« Reply #322 on: July 05, 2009, 08:25 PM »
Been away from this site for a while due to other commitments, etc.

Anyway, as requested by Scott and other members, a new social site has been set-up to help the growth of racing in Scotland. To stop spammers, etc joining this site, it's invite only. If I have your email you will receive an invite in the next 24 hours. If you don't get an invite PM me and I will send you one.

Here's the address: http://bmxracingscotland.ning.com

When you register please read the forum topic 'Please read'. Once registered you can create your own profile, add photos, videos, blogs, forum topics, events. You can contact a member privately or publicly, and send messages to all the members.

Once you are registered you are free invite third parties, friends, etc.

This should be a good way to keep everyone informed about the sport in Scotland.

Cheers

MarkMcPake

« Reply #323 on: July 05, 2009, 10:51 PM »
Rab is there a choice of Colour for the name? white would not stand out at all on mine.

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #324 on: July 05, 2009, 10:53 PM »
Rab we're flying out 18th July for cousin's wedding in San Lorenzo, back 26th....so that's bollox missing the race, more time for the arm to heal proper tho!

Who's riding what at the next race anyway - I've realised my body probably won't hold up to racing more than one bike at 1 race & having a brake that lets u manual without fear of flippin-out is a bonus!!  

Me & the boys would like:

Roan
Leon
Brett

For our frames, white would be great, cheers bud.

Stevo, nice one! - looking forward to using the new site.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx