gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 01:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Has every one given up on old school racing?????????????????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Has every one given up on old school racing?????????????????  (Read 9761 times)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: Has every one given up on old school racing?????????????????
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 12:18 PM »
lytham, manchester and bradford was extreme weather at its most fookin miserable, below freezing, horizontal rain swimming pool finish lines  ;D and at worst we had a full gate (bradford) but the dudes just keep this northern series rockin, we are by far the biggest class at every meeting, its fookin smashin up north :daumenhoch:

moomin

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 12:30 PM »
The simple answer to this is NO

As Si said there's a natural progression on from Old School, and thats exactly what has happened, there was bound to be surges and lulls for weather etc, as riders become more confident they will move on, it's got nothing to do people losing interest, more broadening their horizons.

I dont think recent fallings out have helped in all honesty hence why we have taken time out and tried to allow some time for the dust to settle :-\.

We will probably be at some of the races this year but have pretty much decided that we want the boys to enjoy this year hense we wil be taking them to the Nationals and Brits. :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 02:47 PM »
Old school's still good for me, with injury, yeah got the cruiser bug now, but i believe 30-39 class is a lot tougher than people realise - sure up your game and move on, if it wasn't for the knee thats where i was heading, but now prob old school till surgery, then old school till fully healed...depends which is easier and more comfortable to ride with a busted knee.

come the good weather they'll be out again :daumenhoch:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 04:05 PM »
i will be racing as many old school races as i can this year. there would have been an old school race at bulwell last sunday but only 3 of us turned up with os bikes.

thecrooch

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 04:15 PM »
i will be racing as many old school races as i can this year. there would have been an old school race at bulwell last sunday but only 3 of us turned up with os bikes.

3 is enough for a race...

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 04:16 PM »
Old school is sooooo last year, get cruisers you all know you want to.  ;)

Tony 1-4

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 04:23 PM »

Zippy, you're beginning to sound like Sam and his shoutbox. Zip it! ;D ;D ;D

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 04:30 PM »

3 is enough for a race...

true, but 2 of us racing new school aswell so we didnt bother

eloopnai

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 04:34 PM »
tony 1-4

i only managed to get to 6 races last year plus mk08 rad weekend and the brits
so this year i am well up for it and wanna try do the whole old skool ea  series
cant say i enjoyed hersden was a long drive for me and only a short 4 man track if it was local to me then i would do there series  im not slagging the place off bmx needs tracks like that and the excellent hard work the fellas do to put the events on for us
but gotta admit ive been looking at cruisers for next year i know im the slowest at old skool and will be at cruiser but i love the sport and just wana ride also my harry races so i gotta get involved rather than just watch

fingers crossed its not just the 3 of us u sam me each week in the ea or else cruiser it shall be  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 04:42 PM »
tony 1-4

so this year i am well up for it and wanna try do the whole old skool ea  series
cant say i enjoyed hersden was a long drive for me and only a short 4 man track if it was local to me then i would do there series  im not slagging the place off bmx needs tracks like that and the excellent hard work the fellas do to put the events on for us
but gotta admit ive been looking at cruisers for next year i know im the slowest at old skool and will be at cruiser but i love the sport and just wana ride also my harry races so i gotta get involved rather than just watch

fingers crossed its not just the 3 of us u sam me each week in the ea or else cruiser it shall be  :daumenhoch:

you lot can always come back to the south.... we still love ya..

this is the other problem that no one has raised is that Sam (quite rightly) wants to support the EA region and therefore the 3 of you will be racing that series along with John Paul of the Braintree track  - its just the way it is - there arent enough riders to spread over two regions that are pretty close to each other...

keep it lit!

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 05:26 PM »

cruisers are sh1t !!  :police:

ade :crazy2:

moley

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Ya can still race with 2 riders!!

In the North any class with 3 or less riders might be merged into another class, then points are split back out into each class!!

So there is no reason not to race.  

And if you merge with a girls class then eloopnai might try a bit harder!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Ade!!  are you coming to Crewe?

Crooch needs his ass kicking!!  :knuppel2:

Firebladeseven

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 09:04 PM »
Are we just talking Regional/National or Club racing?

If it's club racing I'd say don't be put off from riding your OS bike if you want to amongst the rest of the riders in whatever your age bracket is.

Particularly if your just getting back into it the actual bike won't be your limiting factor anyway.

As for me I'll be riding my OS bike whenever I feel like it in whatever class will take it.

All the best

Steve

Tony 1-4

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 09:34 PM »
tony 1-4

I'm hoping it's just the cold that kept you from coming to Braintree on sunday Ian. You live just down the bloody road Sam tells me. It was just the 2 of us again at Braintree. I was gonna race but went round twice in practice with a sore throat and after the two laps felt like I had razor blades in my throat. Sam took both his bikes and was busting to ride his new Redline cruiser so I pulled out and let him go it alone on the cruiser. He mixed in with the seniors and very well he did too!

se

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 10:22 PM »
I'll come out to play when I can. And come last sometimes. I don't care who slags it off or whatever. Life's too short. Might have a play on a cruiser too. Wife is having a baby in two months so I'll be out less over the summer. But still doing what I can. Let's not worry about it - old school will always have a place providing people have the right attitude.

And new school bikes are all a bit toss anyway aren't they? Better a bit of chrome around the place.

eloopnai

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 10:39 PM »
tony 1-4

I'm hoping it's just the cold that kept you from coming to Braintree on sunday Ian. You live just down the bloody road Sam tells me. It was just the 2 of us again at Braintree. I was gonna race but went round twice in practice with a sore throat and after the two laps felt like I had razor blades in my throat. Sam took both his bikes and was busting to ride his new Redline cruiser so I pulled out and let him go it alone on the cruiser. He mixed in with the seniors and very well he did too!

ive not made one race at braintree yet and i live ere ! couldnt make it sunday as the mrs couldnt get outa bed with flu ! shes on the mend now though been a shit couple of months for me 2 be honest hopefully thats all out the way and me and my boy harry can get out there and race now apart from when spurs are at home that is
 :LolLolLolLol:

nishiki14

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 10:58 PM »
I know big bruv thinks im hangin up the robby for good.................well im NOT! :LolLolLolLol:
True I do luv my new cruiser (cheers miss jibba-jabba!) but my heart will always belong to oldschool :smitten:
I will ride as many oldschool races as poss and we'll just have to see what the summer brings to the oldschool, having said that it would be sooooooo much easier to get the message across if.........WE HAD A SHOUTBOX! sorry wrong thread :D

eloopnai

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 09:49 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 12:31 PM »
I'll update any of the regions races/details and provide results tables for any region!!

But they have to give me the details first!!!  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 02:27 PM »
Glen if you are ready to go why not come along to peckham this weekend for the winter regional?

thecrooch

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 03:35 PM »
have a look at my thread in the OSS section.

Where do you live Glen?   

Tony 1-4

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 04:48 PM »
I havent raced any OS races yet, Im in the south (london) so im planning/hoping to do as many as possible that I can get to.  I dont have a car so am relying on a mate to drive me there.  Its been 14 years since I was on a track.. Im ready and my bikes ready.  So yea im keen, ready to rock!  Hopefully the 25th an January will be my first one!
Whos coming to that?  I cant remember where it was and http://www.ossbmxracing.co.uk/ hasnt been updated.

Glen, there's a winter regional at Royston on the 17th (weekend after this one). Its about half an hour from Enfield. If you can get on the overground to any of the 3 Enfield stations (Enfield Town, Enfield Chase or Gordon Hill), I can pick you up and take you there.
Tony.

mr.magoo

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2009, 08:32 PM »
Glen, be good to meet ya at the Peckham regional, 2am.... thats plenty of sleeping time, i live on 4-6 hours on most days....see ya there :daumenhoch:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 06:13 PM »
i'm hoping to get back on for the summer. not happy at being sidelined >:(
ding dong

se

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2009, 09:06 AM »
Glen I am not going to Peckham but am in Finsbury Park so can give you a lift to other races this year as and when I'm going.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Has every one given up on old school racing?????????????????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx