gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 07:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A cracking night  (Read 26635 times)

moley

Re: A cracking night
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2009, 10:19 AM »
The Special Heat Treament probably isn't special.  Its probably just something that hasn't been used to make bikes before and is therefore special in terms of BMX.

:daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2009, 10:21 AM »
a brief  description about my heat treatment is samurai swords, beaten and folded metal over and over again, so it is not a brand new heat treatment its has been around for hundreds of years just never used on anything else but after heated is put into a airless vaccume to allow to cool with out air

well there you go, I stand corrected, Dibly has a new to BMX method of treating his metal, I don't understand the science of the cooling without air in a vacuum, but there it is in black and white.

ps: i reckon i mentioned my bike once.

teamsano

« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2009, 02:06 AM »
Quote from: dibly link=topic=77580.msg814820#msg814820 date=1233742281 i still have the best selling frame out there
[/quote

i doubt this very much.

dialledbikes

« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2009, 09:27 AM »
Dunno mate.  I think you'd be hard pushed to find another brand that had sold 1000 frames in 6 months.

lodge

« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2009, 10:11 AM »
Its certainly an impressive figure in a short space of time cant argue with that, wonder how its affecting other uk bmx companys? also with the value of sterling and the fact that most bmx gear is manufactured overseas they must be struggling.
Does anyone know how many of the 1000 units were sold to the uk market?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2009, 10:36 AM »
I'm looking forward to the Novice night at creation so i can ride Gasheads UK Bikes frame......it looks the nuts!  :daumenhoch:

teamsano

« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Dunno mate.  I think you'd be hard pushed to find another brand that had sold 1000 frames in 6 months.

i think you'd be hard pushed to find any company thats shifted 1000 frames in 6 months!

i don't believe this until i see an invoice.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2009, 10:48 AM »
to be fair....every shop i went into that were selling them, had sold out of all the frames and were taking orders for more.  Dibly is a sound guy and i have no reason to not believe him.

for the record i think this thread has been very harsh on him to point of personal attack.  in my oppionion you pays your money and takes your choice.....either buy one cos you like em....or don't cos you think they're rubbish and will break?

for the few that have broken........the people have had new ones sent straight out......no questions asked, you can't get better than that can you?  yes it's a shame that frames break.....but no one other than the owners know how they've treated that frame do they? 

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2009, 11:30 AM »
i think you'd be hard pushed to find any company thats shifted 1000 frames in 6 months!

I reckon Zimma Frames probably do alright  :D
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

dibly

« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2009, 11:35 AM »

I reckon Zimma Frames probably do alright  :D
:LolLolLolLol:

lodge

« Reply #210 on: February 05, 2009, 11:37 AM »
 :4_17_5:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #211 on: February 05, 2009, 11:48 AM »
dibly, I am sure you are getting all the relevent paperwork together and hurriedly making travel arrangements to go and stand before a scottish bmx court to defend yourself in order that you may hold your head high and gain the seal of approval that must be missing from your business life, but before you go up there.....

Keep at it mate, you done good and will continue to do so  :4_17_5:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

dibly

« Reply #212 on: February 05, 2009, 11:52 AM »
thank you Si  :)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #213 on: February 05, 2009, 12:13 PM »
dibly, I am sure you are getting all the relevent paperwork together and hurriedly making travel arrangements to go and stand before a scottish bmx court to defend yourself in order that you may hold your head high and gain the seal of approval that must be missing from your business life, but before you go up there.....

Keep at it mate, you done good and will continue to do so  :4_17_5:

Well said Si  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

oldschool rider

« Reply #214 on: February 05, 2009, 05:22 PM »
I CAN'T FOOKIN BELIEVE YOUR STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS !!!!!!!

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #215 on: February 05, 2009, 05:43 PM »
Its certainly an impressive figure in a short space of time cant argue with that, wonder how its affecting other uk bmx companys? also with the value of sterling and the fact that most bmx gear is manufactured overseas they must be struggling.
Does anyone know how many of the 1000 units were sold to the uk market?

is dibly now to blame for the recession?

i've never had a bike company but do bike companies consider how their sales affect other bike companies and limit sales so that other companies don't suffer?

i really don't understand the relevence of the quoted above, at all

if i have totally misunderstood, then i do apologize :-\
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 05:45 PM by OrgasmDonor »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #216 on: February 05, 2009, 05:48 PM »
i need some chocolate ,the leaves in the garden need tidying again.
hmm now did i turn the lights of in the workshop  ..best i go look.

JT71

« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2009, 05:49 PM »
it's an odd one that, it's a new product, people that bought them might not have gotten a new frame had these not been released so i doubt it has affected sales of other companies.
ie if uk hadn't sold a 1000 frames it wouldn't mean that the other companies would have sold a 1000 extra between them, more likely a 1000 peeps would still ride their old frames.

how ever those 1000 frame had to be kitted out so retailers probably sold more parts.

Gordon Brown is to blame ofr the recession (depression?)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:03 PM by JT71 »

oldschool rider

« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2009, 06:00 PM »
RECESSION WHAT RECSSSEION I'M FOOKIN LOADED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JT71

« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2009, 06:02 PM »
RECESSION WHAT RECSSSEION I'M FOOKIN LOADED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see it's not all doom and gloom.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2009, 06:03 PM »
i just started building a new bike so no recession for me   :)

dibly

« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2009, 06:06 PM »
iv just finished my classic car rolled it out of the garage after a year of slog on it today going to book mot for it tomoz, i post some pics up soon

started first time too  :)

JT71

« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2009, 06:08 PM »
i just started building a new bike so no recession for me   :)

come on dude, what is it?

I flogged my new build before it got off the ground, not really the recession but the mrs give up her job to go part time, better quality of life...oh and i'm going snowboarding with twobobrob in march, lol.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2009, 06:11 PM »
secret  ..well not that secret but not saying   :angel:

lodge

« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2009, 06:19 PM »
[is dibly now to blame for the recession?

i've never had a bike company but do bike companies consider how their sales affect other bike companies and limit sales so that other companies don't suffer?

i really don't understand the relevence of the quoted above, at all

if i have totally misunderstood, then i do apologize :-\

I wasn't blaming dibly for the recession I was simply making the point that survival of uk bmx companys was difficult prior to the value of sterling falling so survival now must be even more difficult that the uk is in recession and with the addition of ukbikeco who appear to have cleaned up the uk frame market I was simply interested how the other uk bmx companys are fairing. Any company wants as much of their chosen market as they can get thats business and I have no doubt any uk bmx company would love to have sold as many frames as dibly has,I certainly wasn't suggesting that he has done anything immoral.
I was interested thats all,  if it has offended anyone than I apologize as it was not intended.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night

gfxgfx
gfx gfx