gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 06:51 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A cracking night  (Read 26633 times)

JT71

Re: A cracking night
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2009, 12:14 PM »
I'd guess the testing budget of UK Bike Co and more established companys is "slightly" different  ;)

Didn`t Mirraco have to recall all of it`s early forks because of a fault, I don`t remember seeing a heated debate on every internet forum about them, and I would have thought that they had a big testing budget  :-\

but they probably never claimed there super light weightness was down to a new special heat treating process that still had the same strength as much heavier frames.

see it's not just about it being ukbikeco, it;s about this new company springing up with some wild claims about weight and technology that then get proven to be not quite all they claimed it was

still i bet 90% of the frames never break and 90% of the customers will be happy. let's face it the kids love these frame don't they?

Andy

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2009, 12:16 PM »
your right bill mirraco had a massive recall, people are always gonna hate ukbikeco the same way they hate on all the weight weenie kids at the skateparks,
I think the frames are made for super smooth park riders and alot of owners dont fit into that bracket so when they fail its no real suprise, I can understand all the kids wanting these frames but cant work out why alot of older people like on here would want them, I would rather trust something a little beefier and stronger

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Well Ollie loves his Evo  :smitten:

So do I - best bike I have ridden apart from an unbreakable Curtis  :angel:

JT71

« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2009, 12:18 PM »

will make a change you wanting to borrow Ollie's biek to ride the park rather than the other way around eh Nick?  :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2009, 12:19 PM »
I'd guess the testing budget of UK Bike Co and more established companys is "slightly" different  ;)

Didn`t Mirraco have to recall all of it`s early forks because of a fault, I don`t remember seeing a heated debate on every internet forum about them, and I would have thought that they had a big testing budget  :-\

but they probably never claimed there super light weightness was down to a new special heat treating process that still had the same strength as much heavier frames.

see it's not just about it being ukbikeco, it;s about this new company springing up with some wild claims about weight and technology that then get proven to be not quite all they claimed it was

still i bet 90% of the frames never break and 90% of the customers will be happy. let's face it the kids love these frame don't they?

I'm only thinking out loud here but could these claims have come from the tubing manufacturer? Could he simply have been telling everyone what he was told himself by some to$$er of a salesman?

It's just a thought.  :-\

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

JT71

« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2009, 12:23 PM »
yes you could be right.

but then you'd probably do a bit more research beofre claiming it to be true would you not?

moley

« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2009, 12:23 PM »
People like a good whinge and moan!!!

If forums were all nice then they probably wouldn't last long!!

This forum isn't just talk so it has a lot more going for it then some forums but it still has its moaners!!

The Special Heat Treament probably isn't special.  Its probably just something that hasn't been used to make bikes before and is therefore special in terms of BMX.

Kids today wouldn't even touch a phone without a camera.  

So the lack of photos is suspicious considering the incredibly huge percentage of frames shattering into millions of pieces!!  ???

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2009, 12:25 PM »

will make a change you wanting to borrow Ollie's biek to ride the park rather than the other way around eh Nick?  :daumenhoch:

I will be back on the Haro mate !

I think it may be time to see if the shop can do ME a good geal  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2009, 12:25 PM »

Have those claims been disproved then, I haven`t seen or heard that they were, have I missed something or is it just rumour ?
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

JT71

« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2009, 12:32 PM »
well it's no more being proved that it isn't some special process than it has been proved that it is.

however aren't you even a tiny bit suspicous that this special new process landed in the hands of ukbikeco rather than some multimillion dollar corp?

don't you think there'd be a technical paper written about this new tech that means you can heat treat tubes in a way that thinner tubes are still as strong as the the fatter tubes not trwated this way?

am i the only person who thinks that seems just a teeny bit unlikely? like someone having 3 NOS gen 1s in the loft?

but as far as them not being as strong as heavier bikes, I'd say that's been proven to an extent.

Andy

« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2009, 12:39 PM »
I understand what your saying and there is a shed load of hate for this company but I honestly dont think they did proper testing, This is all based on thought and not fact but even kane who designed one of them said they rushed them out to quickly and his frame failed a few times, me personally I would wait a while before I bought one let them iron out there issues as I dont really believe the claims of this super new technology that nobody else even knew about as Im pretty sure they are made in the same factory as another companies and they dont know anything about it.
Good luck to dibly lets hope he comes through

dialledbikes

« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2009, 01:18 PM »
If UK Bike Co stuff was American made I bet there wouldn't be this much hate for it.

Common sense should tell people light frames will be weaker than heavier frames, full stop.  If people want to make a strong but light frame, they should use a strong tube (e.g. Reynolds 853, OX Platinum, Supertherm) rather than rely.

Best weight for a BMX frame will always be around the 5lb to 5.5lb mark.

lodge

« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Hoffman came through, the Hoffman brand was almost destroyed when he introduced the first bikes which were manufactured in Taiwan as opposed to in-house but he was quick to rectify his failure and saved his name as a bmx brand.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2009, 04:42 PM »
well, i think i know of most folk in scotland who run bmx companies and you seemed to hint at one of these folk being streetjudge. (apologies to streetjudge if he does also.)

well, the streetjudge i'm thinking of is a big boy and i'm sure he'll come along and let you know who he is next time he gets online, this is going seriously off topic.

i work in halfords as previosuly said in this thread

Personally I would have left the bit about Halfords out, especially if you want to be taken seriously. :LolLolLolLol:

teamsano

« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2009, 05:37 PM »

but at risk of repeating myself still only 2 pics of the failures.

i've seen the same two pics as you. and i've also seen the local one which was a gold frame. i can get pics when i speak to the guy who had it.

as mentioned above, i doubted these frames the first i read of them when i read the quote that went along the lines of - "we have a 3.5lb frame, but we can't tell you how we manage it, its top secret."

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2009, 05:39 PM »
mike, how long do you test a frame for before releasing it to the public?

i need a comparison!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2009, 05:40 PM »
my eye is screaming reading all these posts.

DJ

« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2009, 06:07 PM »
fook me, it ain't arf' snowing outside!

dialledbikes

« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2009, 09:30 PM »
mike, how long do you test a frame for before releasing it to the public?

i need a comparison!

Normally at least a year.

The Alpine mountain bike frame I got 4 prototypes made, 1 went to Dirt mag and the other 3 were ridden for a whole season in the Alps by the TrailAddiction guides.

The new BMX race frames, I got 6 prototypes made and they were tested for 2 whole race seasons before production frames were ordered.  Shaun Andrews is still riding his original prototype.

lodge

« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2009, 10:10 PM »

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2009, 11:37 PM »
Did someone mention brand bashing
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=79828.0;topicseen

KHE bashing will be fine the owner (as far as i know) isnt a member on ere...  :daumenhoch:

dibly

« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2009, 12:23 AM »
dear me 14 pages,

if any one would like to come to my warehouse and see my returns section they are more than welcome too! i still have the same amount of returns as when i first posted in this thread so all these so called frames thats have snapped havent been notified to me?!?! very strange if you ask me if i have laid cash out for something that broke i would be straight on the phone asking for a new one

it is getting so boring now every company gets manufacture faults a good friend of mine has been through 3 fit frames in 6 months but no 14 page threads about them with the amount of frames i have sold and compared to the amount of returns its not even close to 1%

JT71 you bore me  :-*

moley

« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2009, 12:41 AM »
Dibly, you must be doing something right..........

Otherwise these people wouldn't be getting so worked up about it!!  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2009, 07:13 AM »
JT71 you bore me  :-*

only asking the questions that you say "bore" you but I'm guessing you don't have answers for them.

I'm not bashing your brand, if you actually read what I wrote you'd see that so why not answer the questions in a clear and concise way and put the matter to rest?

As I have said many many times on here I've only seen two pics of broken frames however many questions remained unanswered.
Just because you are a RAD member I don't think the buying public should just accept what you say.

Long and short of it is Darren if you had the answers you'd write them up here.

I have nowt against you (other than you making me out to be lying when i saw Webby on his WTP and it was later admitted that yes he actually was riding his WTP with UK decals for a while, so a simple, "yes he's on the team but not got his bike yet so he's riding his old one" would have done) but I'll ask the questions because it's good for debate and will actually stop the brand bashing if you have the right answers.

Simply saying "JT71 you bore me" implies you either don't care or don't have the answers, well which is it?

If you claim to be doing something special to mean that you can use thinner tubes whilst retaining strength then tell us about it, tell us about the science and the chemicals, you have the patent so no need to worry about. Prove me worng and I'll be the first to say:

"Well there you go folks my questions have been answered and I was wrong."

so what's it to be?

dibly

« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2009, 10:11 AM »
i could not be bothered to read all the threads iv been reading same old stuff  for 6 months now and i still have the best selling frame out there which just shows people do not listen to people who know nothing. list the questions again and il answer but i did notice you keep going on about your bike, well my frames are made in the same factory with the same diameter tube sets as yours along with many other brands

which also have had returns

i have to go out for the day so will return later today

a brief  description about my heat treatment is samurai swords, beaten and folded metal over and over again, so it is not a brand new heat treatment its has been around for hundreds of years just never used on anything else but after heated is put into a airless vaccume to allow to cool with out air

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night

gfxgfx
gfx gfx