gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 06:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A cracking night  (Read 26629 times)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Re: A cracking night
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26 PM »

I have a funny feeling a certain Scottish company could be behind this brand lambasting! Or is it just me??

Daz.

be careful.

Or you'll do what??

Is it coincidence that "Streetjudge" is Scottish, frequents a Glasgow skatepark?? I was mearly saying what was on my mind, which I'm completely etitled to do. If there's no connection then give reasons why, don't start with threats dude.

Explain....the floor is yours.

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

teamsano

« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2009, 09:36 PM »
i'm not threatening anyone.

but i've got a good idea who this streetjudge dude is, and i don't think he's from glasgow.

Lazarou

« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2009, 09:43 PM »
The term 'Strawberry seatclamp' makes me feel angry.

Keep gayness out of BMX!

'Hi Pot, it's Kettle here'

'Oh hi kettle, how are you?'

I'm fine Pot.......the colours black by the way, just thought I'd let you know.....'

Granted the 80's were plenty gay but there's nothing gay about the mid school!!

Transit vans full of sweaty young men travelling the country.......err.......

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2009, 09:52 PM »
i'm not threatening anyone.

but i've got a good idea who this streetjudge dude is, and i don't think he's from glasgow.

Sounded like a threat to me dude but if it wasn't then no worries.

However, if you have an idea who it is then spill the beans, get them outed!!!

Daz.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 07:23 AM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

teamsano

« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2009, 10:10 PM »
well, i think i know of most folk in scotland who run bmx companies and you seemed to hint at one of these folk being streetjudge. (apologies to streetjudge if he does also.)

well, the streetjudge i'm thinking of is a big boy and i'm sure he'll come along and let you know who he is next time he gets online, this is going seriously off topic.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2009, 10:13 PM »
well, i think i know of most folk in scotland who run bmx companies and you seemed to hint at one of these folk being streetjudge. (apologies to streetjudge if he does also.)

well, the streetjudge i'm thinking of is a big boy and i'm sure he'll come along and let you know who he is next time he gets online, this is going seriously off topic.

I'll look forward to it!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2009, 10:13 PM »
The term 'Strawberry seatclamp' makes me feel angry.

Keep gayness out of BMX!

'Hi Pot, it's Kettle here'

'Oh hi kettle, how are you?'

I'm fine Pot.......the colours black by the way, just thought I'd let you know.....'

Granted the 80's were plenty gay but there's nothing gay about the mid school!!

Transit vans full of sweaty young men travelling the country.......err.......

Mmmm.........case rested.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2009, 10:16 PM »

You're not wrong there Goags.

Interesting though......I'm quite intrigued as to the young fella's identity myself now.
G

JT71

« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2009, 06:06 AM »
his pic is in his avatar and on his myspace that Bill posted a link too.

lodge

« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2009, 06:59 AM »

what was the question again ?

:2funny: think it was who's into crack on a night time or something like that.

lodge

bsdforever

« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2009, 07:26 AM »

I have a funny feeling a certain Scottish company could be behind this brand lambasting! Or is it just me??

Daz.

be careful.

I hope I'm not getting dragged into this...

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2009, 07:34 AM »

Daz.

be careful.

I hope I'm not getting dragged into this...

Grant, like I said to Go Go, I was only saying what was on my mind. It was a logical thought due to the Scottish/Glasgow connection from Streetjudge. Now I never mentioned any names so therefore didn't imply that it was YOU or Go Go or anyone else for that matter. It could be someone trying to stir some sh1t up to make it look like it's you. After all, you are the self confessed Most hated man in BMX so on that basis you may have the odd enemy or two.  ;)

JT71

« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2009, 07:53 AM »

http://www.bikeguide.org/forums/showthread.php't=171788&highlight=ukbikeco

well that's two then.

think the main problem here is they don't have a magical heat treating process, they just have thinner tubes.

and super smooth riders, probably light riders, will benefit from the frames, me, I'll stick with me Colony.

Bushwacked

« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2009, 09:06 AM »
 :angrysoapbox:

I can honestly say that I really don't understand the anti-UKBikeco feeling that is going round on some forums. (I have to say that at this time I have no connection to the company or own any of their products - I am just someone who likes to see people getting the support we should provide to people that try)

Its like no one wants the new guy to succeed - I've seen companies launch bike frames and get the colour wrong and too much flex in the back end and next batch run they have sorted it out and the bike is awesome, being raved about in all the bike press and the negativity is all forgotten...

This is no different but the slating that UK Bike Co is getting is making out that they are not going to improve the frames over time or even try to. These guys I am sure are working their asses off to correct the problems and over time the frames may get stronger, heavier but give them a chance god damn it!!!  Its far too early to dig their graves as I think they are on to something - some good old fashion British innovation - which just needs a bit of tweaking.

Some UKBikeCo frames have supposedly snapped, a lot of frames from various brands snap / crack - mine did recently and a mates did also - infact his was a £1500 MTB frame which was out of warranty and he's having to fork out £1200 for a replacement - less than full amount as he is working with them to improve the frame. Both of us are going to continue with them though as we have faith in them.

We just need a bit of faith that UK Bike Co will improve their frames - I'm sure they will as they are a business that wants to survive.

As they say "Time will tell"!!

streetjudge

« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2009, 09:31 AM »

i work in halfords as previosuly said in this thread

and i am a big boy!  ;)

JT71

« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2009, 09:35 AM »
I think some people are annoyed at the "secret new heat treating process claim", i think most of us can see through that, i mean, say that process was discovered and meant you could make tubes lighter and thinner but just as strong. just say it happened. and it was a fact. do you think the technology would be used on some new bmx company's first frames?

if people think that was bull sh1t from the off then they're naturally going to get a bit "anti"

if you base the initial product and hype on BS then I'm sorry, it's all downhill from there

if i turned up tomorrow and said I just happened upon this new technology, it's a super strong plastic, mega mega strong and ultra light, I'm going to start making BMX frames. I've got the patent to the tech and it;s going to be exclusively for my bmx frames, NASA and half a dozen F1 teams wanted the tech, but I was in the right place at the right time and now it's all mine so screw you NASA and McClaren. Then i claimed the new frames are going to weigh under 3lbs you'd all rip the p1ss out of me and tell me to get the f*** out of here wouldn't you?

I'm sure you would

and surely you've all got doubts about this revoloutionary tech? or is it just me.

however, I've still only seen 2 pics of broken frames.

is a streetjudge a bit like Judge Dredd but on a BMX not a Law Master?

JT71

« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2009, 09:46 AM »
come on Bruce, it's a cracking read.

and this isn't anything compared to some threads on other forums, at least some of the posts here are constructive.

can't beat a good debate and a bit of a row and some name calling.

:daumenhoch:

lodge

« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2009, 10:46 AM »
Every bmx forum in the land has a thread on this subject surely we are all entitled to discuss this subject on a bmx forum.
Market research companys dont stipulate that they will only accept positive feedback ffs.
The threads valid and the fact its bmx specific is a bonus.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2009, 11:26 AM »
Every bmx forum in the land has a thread on this subject surely we are all entitled to discuss this subject on a bmx forum.

That seems to be true, so with the whole internet discussing these frames, and everybody in the world seeming to have either a camera or camera phone, there are only 2 pics of broken frames, so where`s the rest , there`s supposed to be dozens by all accounts ?
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2009, 11:29 AM »
I think this is a very good thread!

Debate is good, feedback, good or negative, is what he needs if he's to succeed. I have a lot of admiration for anyone who has taken it upon themselves to set up a company in an extremely competitive market place.

I'd love it if they all succeeded, that includes UK Bike Co, BSD, Proper etc. etc. I think Carlo (Proper) and Grant (BSD) have made some excellent products. Had I have not bought that Easter Bikes Grim Reaper (I got it cheap and it was chrome which I really wanted) I was considering a frame from the previously mention British companies, all three of them. As I've mentioned before, my beef was with Streetjudge's criticism, the manner in which it was done and with NO proof what so ever to back up his claims. I can't accept that in 2009 a kid who rides BMX doesn't have a phone capable of taken a photo to back up his claims.

This post will run for a long time I'm sure and like has already been said, most of the feedback on here is constructive. Unlike some of the post on other sites that have just been downright nasty.

I think my only disappointment with Dibly was he was a little naive in his testing, he SHOULD have done more. However, we don't know his personal circumstances. That could have been down to his budget etc. In other words he needed to start seeing a return on his time and investment so had to get them out into the market place.

Daz.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 11:31 AM by Flatcap »

JT71

« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2009, 11:35 AM »
I think this is a very good thread!

I think my only disappointment with Dibly was he was a little naive in his testing, he SHOULD have done more. However, we don't know his personal circumstances. That could have been down to his budget etc. In other words he needed to start seeing a return on his time and investment so had to get them out into the market place.

Daz.

you're right Daz it is a good thread.

not only was he naive in his testing I'm sure his claims of the new technology were, to be kind, "naive"

I'm also not sure he funded the testing etc, I'm still inclined to think ukbikeco is an off shoot of Avocet, but maybe I'm just cynical.

but at risk of repeating myself still only 2 pics of the failures.

lodge

« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2009, 11:42 AM »

That seems to be true, so with the whole internet discussing these frames, and everybody in the world seeming to have either a camera or camera phone, there are only 2 pics of broken frames, so where`s the rest , there`s supposed to be dozens by all accounts ?
I obviously cant answer that so we have to assume only two have broken.

Bushwacked

« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2009, 11:45 AM »
I'd guess the testing budget of UK Bike Co and more established companys is "slightly" different  ;)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2009, 12:07 PM »
I'd guess the testing budget of UK Bike Co and more established companys is "slightly" different  ;)

Didn`t Mirraco have to recall all of it`s early forks because of a fault, I don`t remember seeing a heated debate on every internet forum about them, and I would have thought that they had a big testing budget  :-\
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night

gfxgfx
gfx gfx