gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 06:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A cracking night  (Read 26627 times)

oldschool rider

Re: A cracking night
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2009, 11:53 PM »

Discussing things like this is just part of what these forums are here for  ::)

[/quote]

Discussing yes i agree, but this was turning into a slagging match against a new bike company that should be supported not slagged, every bike has a lifetime guarentee and as far as i can see everyone is getting a replacement bike so why slag them off as i said before THINGS BREAK.

S

teamsano

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2009, 12:07 AM »
i can't get over this attitude 'things break/lifetime guarantee' etc.

would you rather discuss it now, or after your frame snaps and you break your neck/jaw/shoulder/are paralysed?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2009, 12:51 AM »

Lets see now if we can name a brand that we've never heard of a breakage from.   Freestyle bikes, obviously.

Now that's a tough one! I can only come up with Zima (saying that Steve may have broken one of those!)

Good shout,  can't say I've heard of a broken one of those either.   

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Teamsano what bike frame would you recommend  to buy then ?  ???

If your saying these basically can't be trusted

What frame do you ride ?

oldschool rider

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2009, 12:09 PM »

would you rather discuss it now, or after your frame snaps and you break your neck/jaw/shoulder/are paralysed?
[/quote[/color]]

Gogo from what I see your not discussing your just enjoying SLAGGIN Unknown Bikes !

S.

evamedia

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2009, 12:44 PM »

Gogo from what I see your not discussing your just enjoying SLAGGIN Unknown Bikes !

I think Gogo's speaking the truth regardless of which bike company we're talking about, 3 weeks is a bit worrying don't you think?

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2009, 01:46 PM »

bang on gogo!

my concern since day one, and not day one of this thread, day one when we started testing!

streetjudge

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2009, 08:50 AM »

Discussing things like this is just part of what these forums are here for  ::)

Discussing yes i agree, but this was turning into a slagging match against a new bike company that should be supported not slagged, every bike has a lifetime guarentee and as far as i can see everyone is getting a replacement bike so why slag them off as i said before THINGS BREAK.

S
[/quote]

do you even ride?

teamsano

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2009, 05:43 PM »
Teamsano what bike frame would you recommend  to buy then ?  ???

im not recommending anything to anyone. make your own mind up after trying some others, or hearing recommendations from friends.

S.

i'm only joining in the discussion, based on what i've seen and heard of these bikes. feel free to buy one stevie.

i wouldn't buy something that lasts 3 weeks.

jon moss

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2009, 09:52 PM »
god i hate internet forums...

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2009, 09:55 PM »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2009, 11:13 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:

Did someone force you to register and log on  :D

dialledbikes

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2009, 07:46 AM »

Why?

Forums are great.  I wouldn't have been able to build dialled bikes to what it is today (not that it's that big or mighty, but quite a few people have heard of it and ride the bikes) as word of mouth has always been my best form of publicity.  When the feedback is positive that's great, but when it's not so positive, you just have to take the rough with the smooth.  It's not George Orwell's 1984 and you can't censor the negative stuff that's written.  At least a forum gives the subject of the negative comments the opportunity to explain themselves.  If some of this stuff had been written in Ride or Dig there would be no guaranteed right to reply.

I'm sure UK Bike Co will come out of this fine.  They're a new company and there's bound to be some glitches along the way.

Bushwacked

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2009, 07:58 AM »
Agree with you there Mike.

I always think that any feedback is positive even the negative is good as it allows you to get a feel for where to improve and develop!

In the old days companies would pay research companies fortunes to get information like what has been posted here.

dialledbikes

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2009, 08:44 AM »
Exactly mate.  UK Bike Co can take on board the negative stuff that's been written and decide whether they want to spend longer testing the next batch/future frames or throw a bit more metal at them.  That's what I'd do anyway.

streetjudge

« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2009, 10:32 AM »
ho ho just saw another one bite the dust!

JT71

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2009, 10:33 AM »
ho ho just saw another one bite the dust!

so you say....not seen any pics yet tho.........

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2009, 10:46 AM »
 Is it just me or does it seem that some people "have it in" for UKBikeCo? So over the last few months has no frame from other manufacturers broken?

JT71

« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Is it just me or does it seem that some people "have it in" for UKBikeCo? So over the last few months has no frame from other manufacturers broken?

there seems to be an issue, but any new company with huge weight savings over the established names is going to attract attention.

i keep hearing about these breaking however there's only been one picture of a crack along a weld, so it would seem there's a lot of smoke and no fire just now.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2009, 10:50 AM »
It's true that people will haveten be critical of the new kid.  I have been myself.  

But

They do have a reputation thats developing in the wrong direction.

streetjudge

« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2009, 12:11 PM »

not so many in such a short space of time, face it these frames are rubbish

PaulM

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2009, 07:56 PM »
I disagree, and if so then where are all the pictures of these so called broken frames then?

Cheers

Paul

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2009, 08:33 PM »

not so many in such a short space of time, face it these frames are rubbish

Stop talking sh1te and show us some evidence. I get the impression you're just out to rubbish UK Bike Co's reputation for some reason - why?? You've not given us any reason to think that your comments have any substance.

So with this in mind I suggest you either put up or fooking shut up!!!

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2009, 10:27 PM »
See there you go again Daz mincing your words and not getting straight to the point

Come on man spit it out and say what you think  ;D

Are they all that blunt in Barnsley ?

,, oh it's just you then  ;)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2009, 10:30 PM »
See there you go again Daz mincing your words and not getting straight to the point

Come on man spit it out and say what you think  ;D

Are they all that blunt in Barnsley ?

,, oh it's just you then  ;)

GET FOOKED  :)
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night

gfxgfx
gfx gfx