gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 07:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  stupid question: what's "switch footed" ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: stupid question: what's "switch footed" ?  (Read 7058 times)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Re: stupid question: what's "switch footed" ?
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2009, 11:46 AM »
Yep, Fiola went left to right so that's an opposite for him!

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

christhejob

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2009, 12:30 PM »
if you don't understand any of this, maybe you should have stuck to bmx throughout the 90's, or maybe just piss off back to looking at bikes on stands in a field.
amen gordon!

christhejob

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2009, 12:30 PM »
All of this is much easier to explain face to face, when standing on a bike. I know people who have been riding forever and still stuggle to get their head round it (but they are a bit thick  :crazy2:).

Photos might help, but its still alot to do with your natural way of riding, which doesnt come across in a photo. Could be a nice web clip ..... Chris? you are the teacher
noooooooooooooooooooooooo  ;)

lodge

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2009, 01:09 PM »
This pic baffled me its obviously a recent pic of fiola but i did find myself looking at some old pics to see which way he airs etc as i knew he was never goofy.

it's an opposite (for him) hip, what's baffling?

Mebbies bad choice of words on my behalf, i was surprised to see fiola doing an opposite table as its a pretty good one to be fair, knees tucked etc.

DJ

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2009, 02:52 PM »
if you don't understand any of this, maybe you should have stuck to bmx throughout the 90's, or maybe just piss off back to looking at bikes on stands in a field.

Cos then you'd be cool as Fook

eh?  :wtf:

Im still laughing!! Its SOOOOOOO simple!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2009, 03:40 PM »

lol quality

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2009, 06:36 PM »

You're right, it did sound a bit off, wasn't meant to be, what I meant to say was, would we be cool as fook if we had ridden in the 90's? . Mr Gogo seems to think people are lesser humans if they had a break from riding and even lesser if they collect old bikes.
Shame really cos its all bmx
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Jamie C

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2009, 08:43 PM »
Airing switch is pretty easy to explain.

Watch Mike Miller do a lookback....most people do lookbacks opposite, Miller does 'em regular way with his feet the other way round so he looks like a goof for a few seconds. That is switch.

It gets confusing to me when people air regular footed and grind goofy (i.e. Aaron Ross).

DJ

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2009, 08:56 PM »

You're right, it did sound a bit off, wasn't meant to be, what I meant to say was, would we be cool as fook if we had ridden in the 90's? . Mr Gogo seems to think people are lesser humans if they had a break from riding and even lesser if they collect old bikes.
Shame really cos its all bmx

Thats a totally different thread....  ;D

SaMAlex

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2009, 09:06 PM »

It gets confusing to me when people air regular footed and grind goofy (i.e. Aaron Ross).

And Jamie Bestwick. He does all his airs regular footed, but then does his lip tricks turning the other way (without changing his feet) so they are goofy. Although now Im sure Jamie can air and grind just as well both ways now!

bmxbert

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2009, 09:11 PM »
im a goofy rider. makes for easy rocket manuals as your foot is ack right next to the peg
i ride anti clockwise with my right foot back but when i spin or x my bars i go clockwise

makes it easy as your first knee is always back

looks all fcuked up though :crazy2:

teamsano

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2009, 10:25 PM »
goofy riding is seriously the worst thing in bmx, apart from white rims.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2009, 11:19 PM »

And Jamie Bestwick. He does all his airs regular footed, but then does his lip tricks turning the other way (without changing his feet) so they are goofy. Although now Im sure Jamie can air and grind just as well both ways now!

I sort of do that, ride goofy on ariels, but peg stall, grind the other side with out changing feet so they look regular   :crazy2:

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  stupid question: what's "switch footed" ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx