gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 08:58 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Where is everyone?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 1617 times)

bmxer4ever

Where is everyone?
« on: December 19, 2008, 03:44 PM »
For the past month or so, this board has hardly moved...
Where has everyone gone?!
Right now, my posts are finishing half the threads here...Am I a thread killer??!!! :LolLolLolLol:

WHERE ARE YOU OLD SCHOOL FREESTYLERS?????????????????????????????????????

G :daumenhoch:

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
Re: Where is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 05:16 PM »
Yeah i`ve noticed that too ....i`m still here if that helps cure your thradkilling paranoia......all the rich radsters must be in klosters or something ..the semi-rich are building new skool bikes ,and are on that section of the forum (complaining about bad backs coz their rides only have half a seatpost )  and their sore feet  (coz they don`t have any front brakes )and that just leaves us poor radboys in the old school bit! (complaining of sore bums coz our seats are solid!!)
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

markatkins

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 05:49 PM »
I tell you where everyone is................Facebook.
More fun,lots of pics and you  can end up chatting to Bob Haro,Lee Reynolds,Todd Anderson all on the same night.
Ive heard alot of people saying there is not enough good stuff to read on here too.
There are a shit load of bmxers on Facebook,so many good old skool pics too.

welsh denny

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 06:23 PM »
i will admit to spending time on facebook. seems alot of ols school legends, friends etc are on there, its easier to upload my videos & pics to there but i always split my time between rad & facebook.
had my fiancee nagging me to get off the 'puter, xmas shopping and been very ill this past 9 days so somethings got to give. still on medication til 23rd but once my missus goes back to work i promise to post up some vids- including mike d and the biggest 540 you will ever see him do EVER!!
wilkerson all lip trick run, blyther, johnson, etc. have to upload to youtube first (which takes longer than facebook) and then post the links....

it'll be worth the wait ( those who've seen on facebook will vouch for me)

bmxer4ever

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 11:17 AM »
Facebook eh?
I feel cheated and betrayed....... :LolLolLolLol:

Bugger this....I really didn't want to join Facebook - as Denny said, I'm on the bloody computer enough without spending time on another networking site.

Guess I'll have to take a look at the 'book then.....

G

bmxer4ever

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 11:30 AM »
I tell you where everyone is................Facebook.
More fun,lots of pics and you  can end up chatting to Bob Haro,Lee Reynolds,Todd Anderson all on the same night.
Ive heard alot of people saying there is not enough good stuff to read on here too.
There are a shit load of bmxers on Facebook,so many good old skool pics too.

It seems like since the shoutbox went, this site has died.
I post up as much stuff as I can, espescially pics and magazine scans, but it all takes so much time. No-one else seems to contribute very much these days, hence the title of this thread.
I still reckon a good forum like this should be better than a site like Facebook or myspace.
If it's not, then there's something wrong....

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 11:38 AM »
it is gary ,just sometimes we need to recharge our batteries.

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 12:23 PM »
i've just joined comefacebook,it's all about getting a hand full of jizz and smashing it a birds face like the phantom flan flinger off tizwaz

priv

sweetbeats

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 12:26 PM »
i've just joined comefacebook,it's all about getting a hand full of jizz and smashing it a birds face like the phantom flan flinger off tizwaz

priv

A nice warm seasonal face omelet... ;)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Agree with you Gaz, things have been very quiet. For me personally I've just been mega busy.

We need to get some more threads running!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Guillotte

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 05:20 AM »
I still pop in here and there to rock my nonsense! :crazy2:

condor96

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 05:30 AM »
i try to contribute as much as possible to the site helping people with anything i can do,just dont really have any oldschool stuff (well not since around 91/92) im alot more helpfull with mid school stuff.....

Guillotte

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 07:10 AM »
Too many bitches afraid to show love. I'm willing to bet that all you non-responders have a lot to contribute as soon a s Peter Hawkins  allows you to stop sucking his bawlz.

potstu

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 10:11 PM »
What ever became of P. Hawkins? is he on the fiddlers register? Do we need to know where he lives?

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 10:47 PM »
im just getting back into bmx after a 20 odd year lay off, im in the middle of 2 os builds, so i dont feel like i can contribute much. im catching up on past threads on here which is cool as theres so much stuff, by the sound of it youve probably seen it all. its all still pretty new to me. really i know fook all compared to the majority of you lot but i try and have a giggle and hope ill be back riding with my son in the new year in and around manchester. :daumenhoch:

lodge

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 08:02 AM »
Yeah its a good point Gary and I feel a bit the same, I appreciate what you and many others contrtibute to the site buts it difficult when you spend time posting up some old priceless pics and you get hardly any replies and then to add insult to injury you see non bmx threads with 8 pages of replies. If you check the "Forum Stats" thread that was recently put up you will see that the non bmx section was by far the most popular which is a shame for a bmx forum.
I will stick around here but I struggle to find threads that interest me nowadays so I dont spend as much time on as i did but I'm still grateful to RAD as I have met and ridden with some cool guys that I wouldn't of met had it not been for RAD.
Unfortunately it looks like we have lost some of the best contributors to the site already which is so lame as some of those peeps had so much to give to a site like this.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 06:06 PM »
Yeah its a good point Gary and I feel a bit the same, I appreciate what you and many others contrtibute to the site buts it difficult when you spend time posting up some old priceless pics and you get hardly any replies and then to add insult to injury you see non bmx threads with 8 pages of replies. If you check the "Forum Stats" thread that was recently put up you will see that the non bmx section was by far the most popular which is a shame for a bmx forum.
I will stick around here but I struggle to find threads that interest me nowadays so I dont spend as much time on as i did but I'm still grateful to RAD as I have met and ridden with some cool guys that I wouldn't of met had it not been for RAD.
Unfortunately it looks like we have lost some of the best contributors to the site already which is so lame as some of those peeps had so much to give to a site like this.

I have to say that hits the nail on the head for me.
Over 5,000 members but hardly anyone contributes these days.
I think I've been on here for just over a year now and this is the first time I've seen it like this.
Maybe it'll improve in the New Year.

Until then, if I'm bored......I could always read a magazine.......

:LolLolLolLol:

G

munners

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 06:20 PM »
Fook the lounge off and bring back the shoutbox as its obvious that peeps want it back.

Phones and emails are for talking about things that are said in the lounge.

I still think that if the money was around people would be building more bikes which  would then make things more interesting on here.

The for sale section has been dead for months now. No one wants to sell their gear cheap so they hold onto it unless they have to sell. Cant blame them.

Watching ET yesterday made me want to build another one. >:D 

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 06:34 PM »
Interesting one this - perhaps a lot of it has to do with also the novelty value of finding a site like Rad and then blitzing it in the first year or two .. I joined I think in 05 or perhpas 06, and I think I was much more pro active then in starting threads in the various areas, then I settled down into finding a natural amount of time to spend  on Rad including being a daddy etc etc -
I still ove this site, whenever I log on its the first site I go to, I dont actually log onto any other bmx site now. Facebook for me is a mingling site, this is a BMX site, so youre right, we need to shift things up a gear here and get some stuff going.
Remember, Dave has been super busy since changing his life/job completely and starting radbmxshop.co.uk which is his and his families source of income now, [I too have been doing the same! Dave Im sure wont mind me saying that www.liferbmx.com launches in Feb 09] so its been a transitional period which Im sure will settle down into being the Rad we all know and love.
Not only that, but this site is so easy to use dont you think/ Brilliantly designed.
I do miss the shoutbox though - BRING IT BACK!

So... please please keep the faith guys, I love this site and will do all I can to keep it going, Gary, Guillotte, S&Mc Bicycle Co and all you others who post like craxy on here, its really appreciated, you all have wonderful back stories and knowledge that we all love to hear and share with you -
keep on ridin and rockin, see you in 09!
Merry BMXmas!
steve

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 06:42 AM »
Gary

Ive been around since the old site, and I don't have a great deal of time or material  to post stuff. (unless its a pic of Me and Hugo Gonzalez.. which Ive posted a million times. ):LolLolLolLol:

I think we're just in a quiet phase. People have other things to do at the moment. After this  then there's the arguementative phase when some people take the huff,  then there's the build up to MK phase,  then the friendly phase, then back to the quite phase, and on it goes..

just for old times sake.... here's a photo of me and Hugo Gonzalez :LolLolLolLol:

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 11:22 AM »

I have to say that hits the nail on the head for me.
Over 5,000 members but hardly anyone contributes these days.
I think I've been on here for just over a year now and this is the first time I've seen it like this.
Maybe it'll improve in the New Year.

Until then, if I'm bored......I could always read a magazine.......

:LolLolLolLol:

G
you wont be bored over xmas gary when there's shite on telly  :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Where is everyone?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx