gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975622 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 23, 2024, 03:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  first pegs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: first pegs  (Read 4928 times)

theRuler

first pegs
« on: August 05, 2005, 04:23 PM »
way back in, i think jan or so 1984 we started seeing pegs in the UK (where i lived anyway)

only we couldnt buy them. so my mates dad used to weld bits of school chair leg to tracknuts.
do em up with mole grips then backhop like mad.

what were your first pegs?

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: first pegs
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 10:32 PM »
The first pegs that I can remember are the ones that Chris Youngs dad made for him by welding a bit of tube to wheel nuts for his bike, in fact as far as I am concerned he invented them. He was banned from using them at a comp at Edenbridge because no one else had seen them before and he was the only one who had them.

Anybody remember him entering the arena at Sobel in 85 doing a one hand one foot peg wheelie ?

First tricks I ever did on them was a couple of months ago when I learnt peg stalls and recently grinds  ;)
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 10:40 PM »
Yeah same for me, Chris Young was the first I saw, but I saw a alloy set his Dad had made up for him which fitted onto the axel.
Bill you have a Photo of Chris doing a Ramp trick with them, on one of those photo's I gave you, but not sure what year it was.

2020mad

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 11:29 PM »
my dad's mate weld some folding footrests off a motorbike on the back of my burner frame in the summer of 85/86 so i could take my cousin who was staying with me  to help me do my paper round in summer hols.  :-[

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 11:23 AM »
The first pegs that I can remember are the ones that Chris Youngs dad made for him by welding a bit of tube to wheel nuts for his bike, in fact as far as I am concerned he invented them. He was banned from using them at a comp at Edenbridge because no one else had seen them before and he was the only one who had them.

Anybody remember him entering the arena at Sobel in 85 doing a one hand one foot peg wheelie ?

First tricks I ever did on them was a couple of months ago when I learnt peg stalls and recently grinds  ;)

chris "pegs" young was a bit of a pegs pioneer.
he did seem to have them before anyone else

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  first pegs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx