gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975622 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 23, 2024, 04:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  GT Freestyle world tour 85
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT Freestyle world tour 85  (Read 8780 times)

tum-yeto

GT Freestyle world tour 85
« on: January 31, 2008, 08:49 AM »
Found a signed copy of the merchandise sheet from this tour in my attic the other day, anyone know if it could be worth somethin?
Signed by, Dave Currey, Andy Irwin and Dave Breed. you might still be able to purchase the video from the sheet, featuring 20 minutes of RADICAL FREESTYLE!

welsh denny

Re: GT Freestyle world tour 85
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 09:45 PM »
i've got an 85 gt world tour pull out/ programme? signed by eddie fiola, dave breed, andy irwin and andy preston. signed by all at the merthyr tydfil show.

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:49 PM »
I was there to dude, Eddie on the ramps was something else  :shocked: :coolsmiley: :daumenhoch:

jeff spicoli

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 09:21 AM »
I was there too and Eddie was the most overrated rider i ever saw. He was fancy and danced a bit but the likes of neil Ruffell and Craig Campell were much better. Jess blew him away at a few demo's too.  If you see the old vids and ignore all the hype you will see fiola has about three different airs unlike Wilkersons 20 odd. I don't want to upset anyone but I saw Fiola crying real tears to a GT manager telling them to order Jess not to go to high as he (Fiola) was the star and it made him look bad. FACT.

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 09:45 AM »
I don't want to upset anyone but I saw Fiola crying real tears to a GT manager telling them to order Jess not to go to high as he (Fiola) was the star and it made him look bad. FACT.

;D Classic!

lk_97

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 02:01 PM »
I don't want to upset anyone but I saw Fiola crying real tears to a GT manager telling them to order Jess not to go to high as he (Fiola) was the star and it made him look bad. FACT.

;D Classic!

I think I've found my new signature!  :LolLolLolLol:

jeff spicoli

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 07:08 PM »
It's only my opinion but I think Fiola was only as good as the other riders you mention except Dave Breed. Dave was a nice bloke but not a BMX superstar. I was crap and I know it but Jess Neil and craig were RAD.  It's not my opinion that Fiola cried like a toddler or demanded separate hotels (even from Breed) because he was a superstar. That is a fact.  I don't want to argue with anybody i was just giving an opinion and a couple of facts.

lk_97

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 07:44 PM »
From what I've read, he seemed pretty cool, and from what I've watched him and Mike Dominguez were the best skatepark riders. I think I've watched one video of Jess and he doesn't actually land many of his flatland tricks.

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 07:56 PM »
It's only my opinion but I think Fiola was only as good as the other riders you mention except Dave Breed. Dave was a nice bloke but not a BMX superstar. I was crap and I know it but Jess Neil and craig were RAD.  It's not my opinion that Fiola cried like a toddler or demanded separate hotels (even from Breed) because he was a superstar. That is a fact.  I don't want to argue with anybody i was just giving an opinion and a couple of facts.

no ones arguing dude........................................ im just PRO- FIOLA  ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)

More like GAY for FIOLA Steve.... :LolLolLolLol:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

deeman

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 07:21 PM »
i saw Fiola on the world tour too!he blew my mind,but then again i was about 11 years old!my only comment is that there is a saying that you should never meet your heroes.my first proper skateboard was a vision 'gator' the signature board of mark 'gator'rogowski.i dont know how many people know his story but basically he is serving life for murdering his ex wife/girlfriend.he was basically one of my heroes as a kid,i probably thought he was one of the raddest people ever as a kid,but after watching a fairly recent movie that someone made about his life,i simply thought he was a prick!a bit of a prima donna,which ultimately proved to be his downfall.Eddie Fiola was so massive that he probably couldnt help but succumb to the same sort of behaviour!he was a gooood rider but probably overrated as there wasnt that many people to compare him to!i can remember jess dyrenforth being one of the most exciting uk ramp riders of the time,particularly remember him doing a 'how to' double can-can on bmx beat!

jeff spicoli

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 08:04 AM »
I was a Gator fan but i think you would be an odd person to support him now. www.imdb.com/title/tt0271211/

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 11:29 AM »
great discussion  :LolLolLolLol:

BMX Freestyle! Eddie Fiola v Craig Campbell       0:53 ... i can do that  :yahoo_silent:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 03:04 PM »
Eddie Fiola is easily top 5 all time heroes of BMX whatever you think of him.

You don't get that by being overrated.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 06:15 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 03:18 AM »
heres the over rated eddie fiola, ...

/>

style, awesome  :coolsmiley:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 07:13 AM »

afa comp from 86, looks like he should be in rom car park from 84

zombie_jesus

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 12:12 PM »
like metal mickey on a bmx

oh god  :2funny:

Haro Fan

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 12:20 AM »
heres the over rated eddie fiola, ...

/>

style, awesome  :coolsmiley:

Two things;

1. Not too shabby for a guy more noted for his skatepark and ramp riding.
2. He doesn't half like to spin his bars at the slightest opportunity. He's still doing it to this day.

When did Eddie finish with GT and did he have a falling out with them or did he just get a better offer elsewhere? Thanks.

GF.

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 12:54 AM »
flatland is boring gay wank,endof. >:D

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 01:00 PM »
agree with above ^^^^^.
and fiola never did a thing for me bitd.
ruffell could piss all over him any day on any ramp  :daumenhoch:
dave the bmxing gypo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  GT Freestyle world tour 85

gfxgfx
gfx gfx