gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975622 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 23, 2024, 04:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  puncture problems
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: puncture problems  (Read 1614 times)

2020mad

puncture problems
« on: May 17, 2008, 04:27 PM »
I have tryed everything, but after using my bike for a couple of hours i keep getting punctures  :( . have checked rims and spokes and tyres, added several different rim tapes, I think the tubes are catching by the valve holes, have cleaned with wet and dry paper but still happening. costing me a fortune in tubes and starting to piss me off.  help/advice please.

jedi

Re: puncture problems
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 04:29 PM »
how hard you got em pumped
?

2020mad

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 04:30 PM »
100 psi

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 04:30 PM »
are the puntures only around the valve Mart?  if so i've done this a few times but they mainly go when i'm using my rubbish pump which causes the valve to move around alot when i'm pumping them up.

if they're blowing while you;re riding then maybe take the tyre and tubes off and check the valve hole on the rim.......also when you fit the tube and tyre make sure the valve is sitting right in the rim and not pulling to one side as this will put a lot of pressure on the valve.

2020mad

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 04:35 PM »
You know what Rob, i reckon it might be that fookin pump i bought, more trouble than its worth. its always around the valve. so could well be when i try and pump them up.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 04:36 PM »
that's what mine is mate......you want one of those push down pump thingies instead of those hand jobs  ;)

2020mad

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 04:41 PM »
I bought one of those vento push down pumps from wilkos for £8 or £9, last time i was buying snide tuff pads.
 It's crap pumps up to about 45 psi then keeps coming off all the time, you can keep reattaching it and get up to about 90psi in the end after reattaching anthing from 5 to 12 attempts  :(

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 04:46 PM »
yeah i'd get a better pump mate.....an ex girlfriend of mine used to say "you buy cheap, you buy twice"   :daumenhoch:

2020mad

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 04:48 PM »
too true or you learn by your mistakes  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 05:04 PM »
Cant beat a park tools pump, i got mine for a score in my LBS :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 06:32 PM »
I'm lazy and have one that connects to the car battery, was one of them cigar lighter connectors but we are always seeing people at work that have blown fuses with plug in hoovers, phone chargers etc. So I cut that off and put some crocodile clips from Maplins on. Pumps upto over 100 psi, screw on valve connector, no problems and I my arms legs dont ache after.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  puncture problems

gfxgfx
gfx gfx