gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 02:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Racing license for OSS cost??????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Racing license for OSS cost??????  (Read 2403 times)

Rooonga

Re: Racing license for OSS cost??????
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 12:36 PM »
LOL!!

You will need to produce a license number at the race if you don't yet have the actual license yet. (You'll get an email from britich cycling giving you this number.)

It's just that they don't check with the club to see if you are actually a member there, although the clubs need your support so join up anyway - but at least you can get the license sorted in the meantime.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 01:29 PM »
BC don't actually check that you are a member of a club.

You just select the club when signing up.

Don't tell anyone I told you that though..................

apparently (it says on the site)they send your documentation to the club you say you are a member of tho.

gib66

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 01:36 PM »
i just got mine bronze provisional and they =sent it to me home addy as i asked em to

gib66

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 02:31 PM »
whos that?????

eloopnai

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 06:02 PM »
 i just bought the silver licence i might have a go on a new skool one day and the membership came with it  £32 i think :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 06:10 PM »
I think a Silver Membership is £32 anyway!!

Are you a member of a club already?

I went for silver because you never know.

Why limit yourself.

I'm shite right now!!

But in 2 weeks I could be a cycling god!!

Plus there seems to be plenty of Old Fart Classes for these cycling events.

I might even have a go at a road race or MTB.

Just for training purposes ONLY, of course!!  :daumenhoch:

team_teapot

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 08:54 PM »
its up the region your racing in as to what goes on at regional events.

right then whats the beef with spending a few quid on top of the mega money youve put on the gold card to pay for the 20plus year old piece of crap your planning on racing?

if your region has included oldshool in to its ranks then a bronze membership is all you need for regional bmx events. i bet some people have spent more on fags today than the cost of this membership.

this membership provides insurance cover to the people that give up their time to watch some old never was ride some childhood dream.

and by joining the gang you get a voice. use your voice and make your membership count.

or buy some new tinted shades and carry on excluding your self from the real world .

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Same old team_tosspot. Missed you  :-*

I got this response from the Manchester bmx treasurer

You have to apply separately to British Cycling for a Bronze licence - £13 - this allows you to race regionals and is OK for the British Championships.
If you wanted to race nationals then you would need a silver licence (£35) and a racing licence (£31).

If you put down your club as Manchester BMX your licence will be sent to me and I can post it on.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 09:34 PM »

right then whats the beef with spending a few quid on top of the mega money youve put on the gold card to pay for the 20plus year old piece of crap your planning on racing?

if your region has included oldshool in to its ranks then a bronze membership is all you need for regional bmx events. i bet some people have spent more on fags today than the cost of this membership.

this membership provides insurance cover to the people that give up their time to watch some old never was ride some childhood dream.

and by joining the gang you get a voice. use your voice and make your membership count.

or buy some new tinted shades and carry on excluding your self from the real world .

well that made me want to buy one.
I want to touch ORB

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 09:38 PM »

That's the spirit, Mr Creosote...

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Rooonga

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 09:44 PM »
I really think you should all join BADBMX - the no1 Old school riders club in the country!

It'll cost you 10 quid, then you can get a free bronze membership, with free license. Which is more than needed to ride regionals old school class.

In the BMX south region you don't even need a bronze membership! (Unless you wanna race new school)

So in short - Join BADBMX! It'll pay for itself straight away!

I know our crack team of committee peeps will happily post the licences on to you. (And even if there's a slight delay you'll get an email from BC with your race number etc. on it - which is all you need to go race at regionals.)

Oh - did I mention you should join BADBMX??

It's the greatest club for old schoolers in the world! (Probably...)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 09:45 PM »
BC don't actually check that you are a member of a club.

You just select the club when signing up.

Don't tell anyone I told you that though..................
BCF dont check but your licence is sent to the clubs secretary, so if you dont join the club, be prepared to get the licence sent back to BCF
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Teapot whats your issues with the OS?

Oh and Join BADBMX, home of the never has beens :angel:  :Aresehole:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 09:58 PM »
teapots ok, hes done his fair share of work ont registration front.

never seen him race though.

and he likes free agents and clips andat.

novi.
I want to touch ORB

moley

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2008, 08:53 AM »
If everyone racing has a license then we should be able to push these races into nationals and the like.

This might be just a laugh racing around on ancient 20 inchers but we should try an push this racing as far as we can.

The OS racing is just as entertaining to watch as the 'Proper' classes if not more so.

I'm really crap but so what.  Its competitive and gets a good response from the crowd.

There is a good turn out at each round which easily competes with other classes.

Some results in some classes had 1 or 2 riders.   How the hell does it work with 1 rider.

Does she have to do 3 motos or can she just go straight to the final and go around one time.

If you want a license then going through a club is cheaper.

The BCF were advertising  Free Bronze/Silver Membership for club members new to British Cycling

I decided not to join a club just to get a cheaper BCF license.

Although I will probably join Preston BMX Track as its the closest to me.

moley

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2008, 05:42 PM »
My License has just turned up.  :daumenhoch:

So I can use it at Preston.

It says :- 

BMX : Master

Thats me alright!!

I couldn't find a photo so I used my old passport one from 1996.

My heads still fat and round like a Beachball but I look a lot younger!!!   :LolLolLolLol:

I might get a few funny looks or double takes when show my card.   

Longun

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2008, 02:57 PM »

BCF dont check but your licence is sent to the clubs secretary, so if you dont join the club, be prepared to get the licence sent back to BCF

Ah! Wondered where mine had gone to.

moley

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2008, 03:09 PM »
Unless you go independent like me.   A Racer for Hire!!! :daumenhoch:

team_teapot

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2008, 11:52 AM »
ratty

my issues is that its just 13 pounds and if every one else is having to pay it then why is it such a big deal. 13 pounds gets you access to all bmx events up to regional level and that includes the brits.  so for just 25p a week oss guys become part of something bigger than OS.  25p a week is a lot less than the interest people are paying on the credit card for their OS pride and joy.

but appart from that i dont have a beef and as mentiond before im happy to sign anything featuring me you may have in your collection ;D

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2008, 12:04 PM »
I hear where your coming from, but you aimed your comments at the very people who have always payed expert race fees when they only needed to pay novice, have helped to swell attendance figures at races, not just with the OS but also with their children, have sponsored trophies at a couple of meetings and help run clubs. At Dagenham the committee is made up of 75% old schoolers. I am vice chairman/secretary and QuadPaul is Chairman, OSS Queen is the South regions publicity rep.
So your comments about us are at least misguided and unfounded and at worse a fookin liberty

moley

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2008, 04:12 PM »
Whether you get Bronze, Silver or Gold.   

Whether you use the cheaper option of going through a club or just pay the going price.

It all helps support British Cycling which isn't a bad thing.

I've only been to four OS Races and raced in 3.   There is a lot of work behind the scenes to organise these events.

Anyone willing to give up their time to help in this task should be applauded.

The OS races should not be put down either as they just as Valid as any other Class.

They are competitive and have a high number of riders unlike some classes.

I might be slow bringing up the rear but the guys out front are really shifting.

And as RATTY points out, quite a few Old Schoolers take their kids to race too.

If more blokes reliving their youth start racing OS,  they might also encourage their kids and friends to race too.   I don't see a downside to OS racing at all.   I might not have the body of an adonis anymore (I dont think I ever did) but having a few fat blokes going around a track must be encouraging to other out-of-shape 30+ blokes to have a go at a sport they loved in their youth.  In turn that would encourage their kids too.  It must do.  All kids want to be like and look up to their fathers.

Any sport or activity kids do is influenced by their parents.   Ballet, Piano, Hockey, Football, etc, etc.   You have to involve the parents.   They are the one's driving these kid's to events and encouraging them.    OS Racing targets the parents.   It will breed a new generation of BMXer's.  It might not breed many but if just a handfull of exceptional riders is produced then I'd be happy with that. Parents are one's who should be targeted.  Kid 's dont buy bikes, parents do.  For a sport that has been in the doldrums and has now begun to resurface, all efforts must be to maintain this current level and to push it on.   The Olympics are around the corner and that should have a good effect.

Preston is on Sunday and the Scots are bringing a raiding party.   The number that have said they are racing is over 18.

Some might not turn up.   But we'll still have 3 gates.

Excellent Stuff!! :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2008, 06:31 AM »
Just to back a few points up that Moley mentioned.
There are currently at least 6 riders in the national rankings whos parents race in the old school.
At regional level there is a few dozen more. So teapot do you still think we are a joke? maybe worth a laugh while we are on the track but in reality we add to the sport of BMX, and anyone who cant see that needs to sit back and have a long hard look.

moley

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Well said RATTY, you talk a lot of sense!!!  :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Why doesn't team teacake race some of the old skool crowd and see how far he gets  ;D from last year and this year so far the top boys in old skool are faster than a lot of new skool racers old and young  ??? i'm old skool at heart but also race new skool stuff and even though its tough in cruisers its just as tough in old skool so i would suggest teapot that you let the old skool racing seen get bigger without commenting  :daumenhoch: as your not that interested i mean  ;)

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2008, 11:29 PM »
I have to say that the OS boys are getting back on the gas and a lot would give anyone a run for their money.
BTW I have joined my local club not because I want to race NS or wanted a BCF liscence but because I think that they need the funds so IM happy parting with what is considerably less than a good night out to support them  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Racing license for OSS cost??????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx