gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 07:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  cheddar national
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cheddar national  (Read 3349 times)

wolfybmx

cheddar national
« on: April 27, 2008, 09:17 PM »
news from cheddar national.... east kent bmx riders

dan pullens (tibbs cycle store / haro) race day got off to a cracking start in his moto's winning all three with ease. the same can be said of his quater final as well but in his semi going over the triple step up into the first corner in second place he lost the front end coming down really hard. battered and briuised he still qualified for the 13-14 yrs B final finishing 6th due to his injuries. it must be said that he rode amazingly well jumping everything in sight, but he's more upset about the way his day ended up   :'(.

pete lavender (tibbs cycle store / haro) seems to get better every time he gets on his bike. got through his motos with ease and his quarter final but just missed out on a A final place in his semi. finished the day in 4th in his B final.

phil (tibbs cycle store / haro) riding 40+ had very respectable moto placings (5,4,4) and again missing out on the A final by one point but did win his B final without a problem.

lee allen (aka spillers) also riding in 40+ and at his first cheddar national crashed out in the B final but was still smilling at the end having enjoyed the experience of his race day even though a bit bruised from his off..plus he will be getting a new thor race top c/o tibbs cycle store for his efforts well done lee  ;)

and Scott Waterhouse won 19+.   :4_17_5:

not sure how the big daddy number plates / baxter clan did though

proclass35

Re: cheddar national
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 09:41 PM »
North West RADsters- Bof got a 3rd in the final, Mark Egan was winning his run-off and duffed a jump, so missed out (he had no luck all day). Mark Huddart looked like he was going well in the races I saw, until halfway round when his luck was running out as well. I'm not sure how it turned out in the end for him. My lad did alreet, but he's only 7, so does he count as a RAD lad?...he knows enough of them!..

se bikes

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:54 PM »
Our Bad Posse had  mixed day, Chloe made the B Final, 4th i think but considering there's a 2 year age gap she rode bloody well  :smitten:, Emmanuel went bird watching in his B final,some things never change  :LolLolLolLol:

Josh and Nick both made their respective A Finals, Josh 7th, Nick 8th but TBH both of them know they should have placed much higher and so do us Mum's and Dad's  :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:57 PM »
I took a stack of pics, will try and post some up this week :daumenhoch:
well done to all the radsters that made the trip :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

se bikes

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 10:52 PM »
Oh and hope Spillers aint feeling too sore, didn't see the stack but you didn't look a happy bunny when ya left  :'(

spillers#1

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 05:53 AM »
What a place cheddar is  :daumenhoch: mental track its like comming down the side of a mountian out of control  :crazy2:
Well done to phil winning the B final  :daumenhoch: yet again i'm amazed how fast the old boys are  :LolLolLolLol:
Good to see tony slater racing as well  :daumenhoch:

I myself hit the deck big time down the first straight and i can barely move this morning  :-[ i can just about lift up my right arm and i've got a massive bruise on my thigh  :'( but f**k it,like harry leary once said "it goes away in a week"  :LolLolLolLol:

I saw poor old gossa take a big tumble  :shocked: he was flying as well  :daumenhoch: got to be honest he looked like he'd never been off a bmx he still has the style  :daumenhoch: nasty looking crash though  :-\

halfords turbo

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 10:43 AM »

I got some ace shots yesterday...Out of interest does any one have a picture of me and my bud being taken out by a rider on the last berm :2funny:

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 11:14 AM »
I enjoyed the weekend.  Good banter with Spillers, Matt F, Lee H as usual and hanging out with the Relentless dialled bikes team.

My riding sucked though (second to last and only that because Spillers fell off), but I'll be back on it for Herne Bay session next Sunday.

Lee, hope you're alright mate.  Didn't get chance to speak to you afterwards because of the rain.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 07:10 PM »

I saw poor old gossa take a big tumble  :shocked: he was flying as well  :daumenhoch: got to be honest he looked like he'd never been off a bmx he still has the style  :daumenhoch: nasty looking crash though  :-\

Did Clive crash again, didn't he have a nasty fall last week aswell or am i getting confused as normal.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

wolfybmx

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 07:46 PM »
yes big style coming out of the first corner made it through the triples but hooked up on the set of doubles. came down very hard just a passenger it would seem  :( . did not see him again all day after this

gossa

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 08:41 PM »
still alive folks, three and a half hours is A&E this morning, torn ligaments in my hand.  This was in the first moto, i buckled my back wheels as well.  I put my skyways on and strapped my hand up for moto two but i was in fricking agony and my second moto was stacked with all the top riders so i got blown out the back!

I really need to get down the trails and get my freak on again, and to think i used to kick ass in the king of dirt comps!!!!

Anyway, great fun, making a comeback on that track in masters 20" was maybe a bit ambitious.........

Ratty, any pics of me would be greatly appreciated, especially with the tuff wheels on!!!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 08:54 PM »
I hope everyone recovers to race again  :daumenhoch:

What were the results in the 40+ finals then ?
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

spillers#1

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 09:08 PM »
Clive mate in your first moto you flew out of the first berm and hats of to ya for avin it over them triples  :daumenhoch:

I am in f**kin agony myself  :'( can't lift my right arm above me head and had a sh!t day at work.I watched the vid that my bro did of my final and you can see me slip a pedal just as i hit the step up on the 1st straight,i went down like a sack of sh!t  :LolLolLolLol: i paused the vid a it looks like mat french just got the holeshot down the 1st straight and everyone else was in a perfect line over the roller  :daumenhoch:

bof

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 09:13 PM »
I hope everyone recovers to race again  :daumenhoch:

What were the results in the 40+ finals then ?

Ady 1st
Tony Slater 2nd
bof 3rd
Jon moore 4th
Yeeeeehaaaaa roll on Mansfield. :daumenhoch:

Lee I didnt realise you had fallen off ( hope you are ok  :) ) I was to busy trying to find somewhere dry to hide

spillers#1

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Cheers bof  ;) what a final  :4_17_5: i missed it coz i was in the toilet trying to undress and put dry clothes on whilst reathing in agony  :LolLolLolLol: tony said he was gonna ave it in the final, and nice one bof  :4_17_5: you are one smooth fast little northern f**ker  :D

bof

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Cheers bof  ;) what a final  :4_17_5: i missed it coz i was in the toilet trying to undress and put dry clothes on whilst reathing in agony  :LolLolLolLol: tony said he was gonna ave it in the final, and nice one bof  :4_17_5: you are one smooth fast little northern f**ker  :D

You forgot the fat bit lee  ;)

Twatty

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 10:12 PM »
Clive. Gutted to see you fall again. As Lee, I saw you looking well up for it into the first corner. + Well done for going strait into 20'> I intend to wait for next year until i go 20.

Lee, I wanted the B final so bad, and thought I had it until I went, (ohhhhhhh its a bit wet), and backed off. Blooody faggot, so phil deserved  to get it Taught me a lesson in NOT being a poof.........

Wish I could say roll on next national but that is it for me, as familly stuff takes over for the rest of the summer. Hurry up and start racing Haydan, (only 22 months at the moment).

Billy. So sad you did not come. You would have loved the 3rd strait......

Matt.

dialledbikes

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 10:40 PM »
I know how you feel Matt about pussying out.  That roller played head games with me all weekend, I backed off there every race and was dead last after that every race.

Hope you find more time to race as you will love Chesterfield and a track where I think 40+ will be a bit closer than it was at Cheddar.

Anyone 40-plussers going to Herne Bay open day on Sunday?  I might take my cruiser and OS bike for a bit of a play around seeing as it's not a regional or national.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 10:54 PM »
I might pop down Herne Bay on Sunday, but Joe has a cricket match first so it won`t be till later on if I do, but if I can`t make it Sunday I`ll pop down on the Monday as it`s a bank holiday  :daumenhoch:

Matt I would have loved to have gone to Cheddar but the Old Fools gathering was not one to be missed, shame we`ll not race each other again this summer, but I intend to carry on racing for a bit yet so perhaps we`ll meet another time  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

oldmankev

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Interesting results guys, glad the old timers survived Cheddars
famous injury statistics as i know only to well myself with 2 bad
crashes there, i am really missing the Nats this year, moving
house sucks as now the date looks like 9th of May so will prob
miss Herne bay now as well.

gossa

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 07:11 PM »
ratty, get them pics up will ya!

dialledbikes

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 07:18 PM »

Media whore  ;)

Some things never change  ;D

gossa

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 08:37 PM »
Mike, you know it!!!

I just want to see a picture of me, on that PK, with those tuff wheels, with that helmet, riding on a bmx track, sad aren't I?

wolfybmx

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Mike, you know it!!!

I just want to see a picture of me, on that PK, with those tuff wheels, with that helmet, riding on a bmx track, sad aren't I?

NO NOT AT ALL......... YOU AINT CHANGED A BIT ;D

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 09:33 PM »
I will mate, just give me a bit of time, been a bad week so far :-\
A long time ago, in a land far away!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  cheddar national

gfxgfx
gfx gfx