gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 01:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  £1k Ta .ooh that rhymes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: £1k Ta .ooh that rhymes  (Read 7763 times)

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: £1k Ta .ooh that rhymes
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2005, 11:12 AM »

Kelly

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2005, 11:12 AM »
There is a glut of lightening bolt seats, once people know there is a good supply they are not prepared to pay the premium, im not prepared to pay a premium price for hutch parts either due to all the fakes that are around, black kashimax seats were very expensive untill people started dyeing them.

original NOS parts that we know are very few and far between will keep on rising in value, I dont beleive there will be a price bubble with the rare NOS parts as the supply will run out, unless of course somebody unearths a huge amount, then the prices will come down as there will be enough to go round.

Lees turbo is worth every penny if not more, (to me) I do not see why this bike didnt sell as it is a stock turbo, if somebody were to build their own it would be the same parts needed, my only guess as to why it didnt sell is a) maybe somebody wants the thrill of the chase finding the stock parts themselves b) it doesnt have the original finish, if it were an original survivor, and would need only a clean up, then it would get very near the asking price is my guess.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 11:17 AM by Kelly »

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Personally, i am not a big fan of NOS goods, resto is way more fun and the result is a million times for satisfying.

theRuler

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2005, 11:18 AM »
i too like to restore stuff.

NOS parts are nice though. for me it all boils down the the price.

gmac

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2005, 11:40 AM »
I often wonder if it's worth buying todays 'new school' stuff, and hoarding it until this generation becomes like us and wants it all back again. I just can't get excited about the modern gear though.

Also, how long will it be until the now 30 somethings don't want 'old school' stuff any more, and the next generation have no sentiment for it ? Or will it always be desireable, due to it's age and history ?

BTW, is the Turbo still for sale ?  ;)

theRuler

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2005, 11:46 AM »
good point
us 30 somethings are probably gonna be the last generation to cherish this stuff
it could very well plummet in value in years to come.

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2005, 11:51 AM »
I dont actually give a shite about what happens to the value of my parts.

theRuler

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2005, 12:17 PM »
me neither
they are for my own enjoyment.

orb that picture you sent me of your rug with 5 f+f's on has been my wallpaper ever since!

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2005, 12:43 PM »
Reading this thread and also looking on ebay there seems to be a lot coming out of Hong Kong at the moment such as Elina seats, cranksets, Kuwahara stuff, dia compe etc. Is this all genuine NOS or is it all repro? Has anyone on here bought anything recently from over there - just wondering what the quality was like and did it turn up!

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2005, 12:48 PM »
Reading this thread and also looking on ebay there seems to be a lot coming out of Hong Kong at the moment such as Elina seats, cranksets, Kuwahara stuff, dia compe etc. Is this all genuine NOS or is it all repro? Has anyone on here bought anything recently from over there - just wondering what the quality was like and did it turn up!

I got a Blue Shotgun II seat, it turned up ok, looks good, but the colour is a bit darker than others Iv seen.

Kelly

« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2005, 12:50 PM »
I think its all genuine having bought some of it myself.

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2005, 01:38 PM »
It just makes you wonder where it has suddenly all 'appeared' from. Knowing the ability of our far Eastern friends to copy and reproduce things especially as it was all made over there originally makes me wonder  :-\

Frosty

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2005, 01:42 PM »
I'm with Kelly, I have bought quite a few pieces from HK, Singapore and Thailand (BMX bits - nothing else) and all have arrived very quickly, well packaged and exactly as described!!

Kelly

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2005, 02:22 PM »
The Tange grips from Greece are fakes :knuppel2:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2005, 03:01 PM »
A lot of what  you think is no longer made. is still produced for other countrys in the far east, IE saddles are still made identical to burner ones , put on kids bikes now

its just importing them to the UK thats the tricky bit

Rich

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2005, 03:12 PM »
i do reckon that in 20 years time yes stuff that is new skool now will be worth something in 20 years as stuff will disappear and stuff gets destroyed .that and kids of today will in 20 years time think wow i wish i had that back again and somepeople will collect older bmx`s for there looks ,i know as have stuff that i would never have rode as a kid
problem is if you want to start collecting it you better have a big garage and spare income as most of this stuff will drop in value and then go up like what has happened with old bmx stuff now . also life move`s on and say 4 to 5 years time people come and go so stuff will go up and down in price and there will be times in your life where you think why do i own this stuff as it`s worth nothing now ,it happened with vw vans and beetle`s . 1990 split camper`s were worth bugger all and vw beetle started to go up in value { i know as pay way to much for my first one} and then forward to day and camper`s will cost a fortune and beetle`s have dropped in price . i know as again i sold my split when they weren`t a in thing.

best better just enjoy what you got from one bmx to how ever many you have .

no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2005, 04:44 PM »
I recently had a NOS sugino maxy crank set in the box from out there
looked the biz and good price too
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

retrogeezer

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2005, 05:08 PM »
The Tange grips from Greece are fakes

How do you know this Kelly?

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2005, 05:32 PM »
It just makes you wonder where it has suddenly all 'appeared' from. Knowing the ability of our far Eastern friends to copy and reproduce things especially as it was all made over there originally makes me wonder  :-\

A year or so ago, before I got back into BMX, I would have never thought I would have seen a Nos Haro or TA, but if you know where to look, they are out there  ;D

Kelly

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2005, 09:14 PM »
Retro, because I bought a white pair of grips, then sold them on to Nana who declared them fakes. LOL

a) no packaging
b) absolutely flawlessly white and smelled wonderfully new. ( too new)

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2005, 09:16 PM »
maybe they were new?

Not fake, but new?

Make sense?

Kelly

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2005, 10:42 PM »
Dont patronize me you little git, of course it makes sense- BUT Nana said they are fake, ask him  :knuppel2:

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2005, 10:59 PM »
I was not patronizing you, i was asking?

I have never seen the grips first hand, I was a bit confused why a dude in greece has so many.

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2005, 11:14 PM »
BUT Nana said they are fake

must be true then

Dave
haro, how do you do

retrogeezer

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2005, 11:35 PM »
must be true....bloke down the pub said so.... ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  £1k Ta .ooh that rhymes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx