gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 05:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  "21+ toptube O/S frame?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: "21+ toptube O/S frame?  (Read 11390 times)

THIRSTYKIRSTY

Re: "21+ toptube O/S frame?
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 03:45 PM »
yeh yeh freagent

ten a penny

this is the daddy ,,now resides with pickle

fast and nimble

russ

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Whats the brake lever Simon ?????????

Seeing these FreeAgents just confirms why they are sought after old school racers.  :smitten: :smitten:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

thecrooch

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 03:49 PM »
its a DC Dirty Harry - NS Lever, but its the only one i can use with my paw reach.

ive gone through every OS lever in the last year, tech 3, 4, 5, 77 everything is too near the bars also i find that this one really pulls a lot of cable and i can actually get the brake to work!

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 03:52 PM »
its a DC Dirty Harry - NS Lever, but its the only one i can use with my paw reach.

ive gone through every OS lever in the last year, tech 3, 4, 5, 77 everything is too near the bars also i find that this one really pulls a lot of cable and i can actually get the brake to work!

I don't go fast enough to use a brake.  :LolLolLolLol:  When i did use mine at B'mouth the other week it hardly worked anyway, pesky DC MX 900's.  :buck2:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

thecrooch

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Pitbull with Koolstop pads and that lever - first time ive been able to lock up the back wheel!

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2008, 04:24 PM »
Freeagent Limo's were a fave bitd.
Another TNT Daz  :daumenhoch:
My Supercross has 21 inch TT. Should ride nice when I get round to finishing it.

got a feelin the tnt is gonna be tooooooo long, will have to see how she rides

i just got a supercross too, but mines got canti mounts, but will also accept a caliper, so there is a god :daumenhoch: i aint got the correct forks for it but im gonna be more than happy with it me thinks, should be built by february i hope. :daumenhoch:

ukdelinquent

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2010, 05:21 PM »
The mongoose solution in blue was caliper brake - I remember fuzzy riding one at backyard - with a bigdog or boa caliper. I would love one of those!
Se Racing also did a 21" toptubed assasin frame  as well I thnk - I had one that I sold to Jai.

Generalee/gossa - The steel solution definately was caliper, it has a large diameter brake spindle hole, a pain really but as generalee points out mine has a BOA in it.

I had Duly's old one first circa 1990/1? backyard, got of hotwheels who ran the mongoose team? sent it back it was bent to buggery - what did I expect with Kieth's knarly 360's over everything. After that I bought a brand new one, still have it to this day, it suffered a bit of bastardisation with having brake lugs and cable hanger brazed on it 91/92 and then getting a chrome job! Still down in my garage - shes a beauty everytime I look at her, considering restoring the frame back to original, would love to know about the colour spec, from memory it was a weird (but nice) bluey purple metalic getup.

Anyone know where I could get a) stickers and b) forks as mine bent front ending runnymede triples in 91/2 now got gen 1 ditchforks.

Andy

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  "21+ toptube O/S frame?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx