gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 02:07 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BRAINTREE SUNDAY 4TH MARCH OLD SCHOOL GATE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BRAINTREE SUNDAY 4TH MARCH OLD SCHOOL GATE  (Read 8541 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: BRAINTREE SUNDAY 4TH MARCH OLD SCHOOL GATE
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 07:56 AM »
i should be there ratty   :)

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 08:06 AM »
Matt, sort a bike out mate.

You should race mate, it is great fun.

Dan be good to see you there mate.  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Names added, thanks Guys, at this rate we could have 3 gates :-\

You know we are gonna have a blast, old school racing at its best :Great_Britain:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

nishiki14

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 01:24 PM »
This is going to be the last winter race, Im 99% sure it will just continue as normal through the summer as it is now, I will confirm with Julie Watts at the race on the 4th March, we think we have enough interest and riders now to have our very own Braintree Old School Summer Series, this will be the usual Old School Rules and a chance for us to ride for a Rank Plate.............I said RANK!
 :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:
It will be a good chance for RATTY to improve on 27............all he has to do is turn up. :LolLolLolLol:

Pro-tec

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 04:52 PM »
Put my name down too.
Off topic I know but if anyone is at a loose end the following weekend then don't miss Spillers' first race of the season in the Yamaha Past Masters class at Brands Hatch. He'll be there Saturday and Sunday smoking around on his race prepped OOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLD school TZR 250 two stroke. Say what you like about him on a BMX (I know I do) but stick a motor between his legs and that boy can hustle!
YIIIINNNG RING DING PING....Re-Mortgage Racing are GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:56 PM by Pro-tec »

DR VINOAH

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 05:10 PM »
This is going to be the last winter race, Im 99% sure it will just continue as normal through the summer as it is now, I will confirm with Julie Watts at the race on the 4th March, we think we have enough interest and riders now to have our very own Braintree Old School Summer Series, this will be the usual Old School Rules and a chance for us to ride for a Rank Plate.............I said RANK!
 :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:
It will be a good chance for RATTY to improve on 27............all he has to do is turn up. :LolLolLolLol:

sam i like the sound of that :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 05:11 PM »
Pro-tec, your names down mate, And good luck Spillers, hope Bill Stup has supplied a rad sticker for the fairing :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2007, 05:30 PM »
I have to say that I doubt the meetings at Braintree will run on Subdays through the summer.  When I was there in recent years it reverted to Wednesday nights from c7 till dark and was hugely popular with the Summer Series running every Wednesday from Aril to August.  Lots of Braintree peeps do Nationals as well as Regionals through the summer so there aren't many Sundays left free.  Just mosey on down to Hersden on a Sunday for some serious fun folks - see separate post.  Not sure I'll be there on 4th March but if I can persuade my boys that it's my treat a few days after my nnth birthday they might just come along to please their dear OLD dad!!  ;) Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 05:35 PM »
Hi Al, it would be good to see you at Braintree with the flying Hawk....

It will be a shame if it is moved to wednesday because I doubt I will be able to make it. I dont finish work till 7ish, and then a 40mile trip :'(

Will it be the same for Daggers?

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 02:01 PM »
put me down aswell as long as pink bikes are allowed :-[
the torker will get done eventually :)

with regards to daggers in the summer, last year it was on a thursday night racing starting at 7.00, it takes me about 40 mins to get there when i leave work at 6.00 in woodford green. sorry Ratty

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 02:18 PM »
Im only in chingford Gary, so theres a slim chance Im going to be able to make a few, if I dont get slaughtered in the traffic :-\.

names are down mate, pink bikes allowed but be prepared for the carnage >:D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 05:35 PM by RATTY »

spillers#1

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2007, 04:38 PM »
Possibly have another old skooler to be added.........me ole mate jason harvey aka....te-harve,not ridden since 84ish,used to do superclass and rode for youngs cycles on a diamond back.Anyway spoke to him today and we're gonna try and get a bike together for next weekend...cheers spillers.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2007, 04:45 PM »
That name, really rings a bell with me!!! how old is he now?

spillers#1

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2007, 05:17 PM »
jason is 39 now,it was his birthday dec 19th.Tall bloke.....used to ride for youngs with del husband etc.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2007, 05:19 PM »
Deffo rings a bell, got any pics from his racing days??

spillers#1

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2007, 05:30 PM »
i'll seeing during the week and ask if he has any pics.If you look at the 84 kellogs tape he is standing behind the american pros at the first meeting...he's wewaring a youngs top(yellow)and a baseball cap.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Get him To Braintree, with his scrap book, we can have a chat over a coffee and a bacon sarnie :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2007, 05:37 PM »
Right, we have a possible 15 riders down now!!! Any more gonna drag their sorry behinds off the sofa!!!! You know ya wanna :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
Could be a 3 gate meet for us old timers, show the young uns how not to do it......

Berm Warfare at its best  :4_17_5:

spillers#1

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2007, 05:48 PM »
i think he's defo comming ratty just got to sort a bike......if we can't get a bike together what would be the chances of someone letting him use there's at braintree?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2007, 06:00 PM »
i think he's defo comming ratty just got to sort a bike......if we can't get a bike together what would be the chances of someone letting him use there's at braintree?
Theres a good chance of borrowing a bike, but you have to know, we gear the bikes up at  39/17 for the ones we lend out.... >:D, ask FLAZ, he loved it....

Theres allways the sidehack if we can fit it in... :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2007, 10:07 PM »
Just got back from another mate of mines place,told him about  braintree and we ended up in his garage.........sitting under a pile of shite at the back is his old kuwahara and an old E.T. kuwahara with a set of white skyways on it,the E.T. bikes looking a bit sorry for itself,turns out he found it in a skip about 10 years ago at an ex birds horse stable,f**kin mad find especially with white skyways as well.Anyway we've spent the last 3 hours cleaning the other bike,fitting some bars etc so it looks like we may have another contender for old skool although he hasn't ridden for years but will give it a bash.......his nick name is MAGOO.It looks like we're set to take over every bmx meeting in the country lol....maybe a new complete championship....F**k it how about world championship :4_17_5:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2007, 10:12 PM »
How cool is that find???? well done Magoo, names down now, 16 names added, 2 full gates, get in there....
Spillers, we have the olympics in 5 years, maybe Seb Coe can swing an olschool gate there as well, mind you some of us will be in our mid 40s by then :2funny: >:D

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2007, 09:10 AM »
Just got back from another mate of mines place,told him about  braintree and we ended up in his garage.........sitting under a pile of shite at the back is his old kuwahara and an old E.T. kuwahara with a set of white skyways on it,the E.T. bikes looking a bit sorry for itself,turns out he found it in a skip about 10 years ago at an ex birds horse stable,f**kin mad find especially with white skyways as well.Anyway we've spent the last 3 hours cleaning the other bike,fitting some bars etc so it looks like we may have another contender for old skool although he hasn't ridden for years but will give it a bash.......his nick name is MAGOO.It looks like we're set to take over every bmx meeting in the country lol....maybe a new complete championship....F**k it how about world championship :4_17_5:

Spillers, that was how I started my first race at Braintree, on a rusty old Kuwahara with black skyways that hadn't been ridden for 20 years. It survived so pump up the tyres, tighten the bolts and have a great mornings racing.

Be good to see you down there.

Flaz

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2007, 10:52 AM »
Theres a good chance of borrowing a bike, but you have to know, we gear the bikes up at  39/17 for the ones we lend out.... >:D, ask FLAZ, he loved it....

Theres allways the sidehack if we can fit it in... :daumenhoch:

yeah dont borrow a bike at braintree they fook up the gearing so you make them look good  ;D  well apart from tony 796  you'd need both your legs cut off for him to beat ya  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2007, 10:58 AM »
now thats fighting talk Jon......Ha ha

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BRAINTREE SUNDAY 4TH MARCH OLD SCHOOL GATE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx