gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975756 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 05:57 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  the fastest hutch in the world ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: the fastest hutch in the world ?  (Read 1874 times)

zed4130

the fastest hutch in the world ?
« on: December 04, 2006, 05:52 PM »
as it say's i rember all this hp racing it never really took of i wander why  :2funny:

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: the fastest hutch in the world ?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 10:18 PM »

So do I :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 10:53 PM »
Weird looking things them  ???

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 09:51 PM »
there was one on US ebay a while ago, forgot to save it in watch list so never saw what it went for tho  ::)

i also rmember seeing some modified BMX sized bikes that were used for downhill racing without cranksets & full fairings!

i'll search for a link

gravity bikes or something  :-\

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 09:54 PM »
well it was exactly that  ::)

have a look at http://www.gravitybike.com/  :idiot2:

Gravity Biking is a sport that started over 30 years ago. And one that continues to use the latest in Biking Technology.
Full suspension stretched and lowered bike frames. suspension BMX forks and Hayes hydraulic disc brakes. Plug this into 20" Velocity Wheels with freestyle racing slicks and you have the ultimate downhill speed bike.

Racing downhill with no cranks or pedals, riders kneel in an aero tuck behind a fiberglass motorcycle fairing. These Down Hill Rockets have been clocked at speeds in excess, of 90mph, and are earning faster qualification times than the more commonly known downhill sport Street Luge.

Of course not everyone has a few thousand extra dollars to burn on a super high tech, full suspension, downhill speed bike.

Most entry level riders start with, off the shelf BMX bikes. Handle bars are lowered into a dropdown position. Cranks pedals and chain are removed to prevent them from catching on the ground in high speed turns. Often a banana seat or long serfa type seat is added so the rider can sit further back. Rear pegs are attached at or near the rear axle and often a barbell and weights are put through the bottom bracket for added weight and a place to rest your knees.

Some of the top Pro's ride with of the shelf bikes and place very well at events. How well you do is in your head, not just under your seat.

These guys ride with leather gloves, full face motorcycle helmets with protective shield, full body armor and motorcycle leathers. The biggest rule to follow when doing any gravity sport is, respect the Cars and obey traffic laws. Follow these rules and stay a lot healthier.

where's the nearest big hill?  :laugh:

if we built these at least we'd save on cranks & pedals  :daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 10:05 PM by showtime »

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Imagine doing up to 100mph on one of these  :shocked:

Steve  :daumenhoch:

gmac

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 03:37 PM »
I wanted to buy that when it was on ebay, but the seller wouldn't ship outside U.S  ::)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 04:38 PM »
how cool would that be at a rad meet
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 05:31 PM »
how cool would that be at a rad meet
not, or anywhere. :uglystupid2:
ding dong

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 06:11 PM »
We had those stupid bikes in France too...

macmark

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 06:13 PM »
I think I've got a BMX Action Bike article about those bikes. I don't think it was about Hutch in particular though. There's a bit about Dave Vanderspek riding a GPV (Gravity Powered Vehicle) on Maurice Mayer's site and a photo sequence of him taking a spill at 70m.p.h. ***HERE***

Mark

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 06:57 PM »
cool bikes them  :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: ;D

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 07:59 PM »
You knew BMX was dying when BMX companies started bringing out wack shit like that!  :uglystupid2:

db-oldskool

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 12:43 AM »
The one on U.S. ebay never sells,that guy lists it every so often but no bidders.
Unless you gave it away,nobody would want it,he thinks just because it says Hutch on it we all should be throwing money at him. :uglystupid2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  the fastest hutch in the world ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx