gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 07:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Quad quality
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Quad quality  (Read 713 times)

badbuckle

Quad quality
« on: November 29, 2006, 12:54 PM »
I know that Quadangles are one of the more popular old school BMX's and I know the design of the thing was pretty innovative but as for the build quality I don't think it's up there with any of the big hitters like GT, Skyway or Hutch.

I have a Quad and the welds on it aren't bad, but in places are pretty average I have to say. Bikes built in the US command a much higher sale price but from the evidence aren't necessarily any better build quality in my opinion.

The best welds I ever saw had to be on either the Skyway TA or Redlines Mk 11's, which were both mint.

zed4130

Re: Quad quality
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 01:02 PM »
i have to say in todays market the price difference on a taiwan frame and a u.s one is huge and i think there are some good taiwan frame's on the market today and the same in the 80's   :daumenhoch:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 05:51 PM »
i still think japanese frames are the nicest, most US makes had thier frames made in japan. GT, DB, Hutch etc....
ding dong

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 06:28 PM »
I had a 04 db rm24 and the welds on that ally frame were great and it was made in taiwan'i think my 04-05 se pk ripper is made in taiwan and the frame is the dog's danglies oh and my cromo dk 6pack is taiwan and i aint broke it yet and its 2 years old  :daumenhoch:

se

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 11:29 PM »
I did a bit of honest research on this and through an extensive anaysis process my sub-commitee concluded that the universe's best framsets were made in Santa Ana California in 1982-1984.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Quad quality

gfxgfx
gfx gfx