gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 02:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  arsed and not arsed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: arsed and not arsed  (Read 4670 times)

oldmankev

Re: arsed and not arsed
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2005, 11:05 PM »
Teapot didnt even ride !!!!!!

mightymini

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2005, 11:23 PM »

Jazzchimp

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2005, 09:34 AM »
I ticked the not arsed box, and ended up in the arsed race - I subsequently feel that I justified my not arsed approach by coming 5th or below in all my races.
Clearly all you have to do is ride like a nonce!

Still enjoyed it though!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2005, 10:53 AM »
Teapot rode in the cruiser the day believe.

mightymini

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Teapot rode in the cruiser the day believe.

special needs bike eh. ;D

Flying_fox

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2005, 06:33 PM »
Teapot rode the brits yesterday. It takes bigger balls to go down Cheddar than to ride round Bournemouth, believe. But he is a big fat sh!t stirer!

I think you should all have one class then go down to C or D finals, that way every one gets at least 4 laps.

When I did the first Alans old school national in Warrington it was Split into ex-pro and never a pro. I don't think that worked, I was never a pro but I think I would have beaten most of the ex-pros because of my fitness levels on a track with no jumps. (not wishing to sound big headed, just making an observation)

team_teapot

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2005, 11:53 AM »
yes I did not ride. Im one of the blokes that you all said thanks to in another thread. the ones that work to put the events on. on the day it was my intention to ride but when our paramedic fell off and had to go to hospital we was faced with a situation where you guys nearly had to go home without racing. therefore i held a flag enabling you guys to race.

this was no way a dig at any one but i feel so far the discussion has gone well. and many of you joking a side can see that having one big old school class with finals for every one could be another way of doing things next year.

run offs yes they suck. what ever happned to the count back system? would you guys prefer to do the count back system and save your legs and lungs? i know i like it better that way.

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2005, 04:26 PM »

run offs yes they suck. what ever happned to the count back system? would you guys prefer to do the count back system and save your legs and lungs? i know i like it better that way.

Hear hear

mightymini

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2005, 05:39 PM »
Teapot rode the brits yesterday. It takes bigger balls to go down Cheddar than to ride round Bournemouth, believe. But he is a big fat sh!t stirer!

I think you should all have one class then go down to C or D finals, that way every one gets at least 4 laps.

When I did the first Alans old school national in Warrington it was Split into ex-pro and never a pro. I don't think that worked, I was never a pro but I think I would have beaten most of the ex-pros because of my fitness levels on a track with no jumps. (not wishing to sound big headed, just making an observation)

yeh and what do you know about bmx  :-X   :o

Flying_fox

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2005, 06:17 PM »
yeh and what do you know about bmx     

Ummmm... its better when there's a bar there.
And clips suck.

mightymini

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2005, 07:53 PM »
that reminds me, how come theres no beer tent at the nationals except for yours miles  ???

team_teapot

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2005, 09:59 PM »
because the saying "p1ss up in a " comes to mind.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 02:13 PM »
The idea of Arsed and not arsed came about because people did not want to get all serious on bikes costing shed loads to restore , only to be t boned in a "Serious race"  OR forced off by someone taking it very seriously and being all competative.

That to me meant that if i was in not arsed i would not expect to fk my bike up in a big way by someone on a bike that is just enough to be classed as old and bending the rules smashing into me.

So I would not race old school if it was open to everyone for that reason.

Rich

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2005, 03:29 PM »

So I would not race old school if it was open to everyone for that reason.

I reckon the not arsed class must have been repealed about a year ago cos you haven't raced since last winter LOL

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2005, 10:26 AM »
Fair point san , but all that competion does my head in TBO it was all so much more fun , when we could stop for a fag half way round.

Rich

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  arsed and not arsed

gfxgfx
gfx gfx