gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 01:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Whats your next project - Mine is super rare - Has any one ever seen one ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Whats your next project - Mine is super rare - Has any one ever seen one ?  (Read 1818 times)

jon016847

Firstly - Let me give you some history about Justin Roos,   - He ranks in the all time ABA District Point Leaders for a Single Year - 20" (1980-1983)

RANK  DIST  NAME                      POINTS YEAR DIST#
1.  AZ 1  JAYDEE T FINNEY           20841  1983  1
2.  AZ 1  JAYDEE T FINNEY           18859  1982  1
3.  AZ 1  JUSTIN ROOS               17352  1981  1

Imagine having a frame named after you at that age,  he was so young, but there it was -

In 1982  JMC launched the JR mini, (Justin Roos Mini)  there were about 54 of them made.  The rarest of JMC's based on production numbers.

So that is my next project,    I have all the parts, but the frame is being fixedup and re-chromed

This is my holey grail  item -I never thought I would get one

Thanks Jim Melton , Thanks Don Moore

SAND N DIRT

GO FOR IT JON!

:)

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
jeez - jon you are the man   - well done son

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
I have 2 builds that I am just starting.

The 1st is a very rare White and Red CW Pro Motion.

The 2nd I am not tellling it is a secret, but it is going to be cool and very very rare.

Frosty

Jon,

Who does your chroming? If you don't mind also what do you look to pay for a f+f to be done.

Thanks

Paul

jon016847

Stidds, got any sneek peek pics of the CW - not familier with that model !

Paul ,   I send my Chroming to Biagio, i don't really have the time to be sorcing that type  of thing direcltly.   He does a killer job of restoroing dropouts, and the people he uses do a great chrome job. I have only had one f&f done before and I really can't remember what it cost, I don't want to guess in case i say too much and it puts people of asking him,  give him a shout on that one!!

Jon W

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
It will be similar to this Jon.

jon016847

Nice - VerY Nice-  WHAT COLOURS ARE YOU GOING TO USE ?

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Well the frame/forks and bars are the white with red decals as per the picture so it will be very similar in colour, though I will be having skin wall tyres and white rims with red nipples and hubs, that is all I know at the moment.

jon016847

Cool -  So tell us about the other secret project that you cant talk about yet -  LOL  !  Ok maybe not

Stu uk Liverpool

jon if only i new the history
i ve just threw 2 out today on the tip mate

jon016847

Stu, is that the same tip where I threw all my rare hutch stuff, before i knew what it was worth !

Take it easy my friend

JON W

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Whats your next project - Mine is super rare - Has any one ever seen one ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx