gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 07:59 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Peregrine Super Pros
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Peregrine Super Pros  (Read 7055 times)

NYSoul

Peregrine Super Pros
« on: September 12, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Anyone clued up on these?
Did they change a lot through their lifespan? I had a pair bitd (I think i got them in 87) and they were brilliant, i keep looking at the ones on ebay for £99 and i am tempted but I know they are newer as they have 10/14 mm axels. Did the rims stay the same all the way through production?
The same people selling the wheels are selling the hubs in 10mm. I know it would work out costly but if the rims stayed the same all the way through production and it was only the hubs that changed, i could have some super pros that looked correct.

Does any of what i have just written make any sense at all ;D

wheels...

hubs

bsdforever

Re: Peregrine Super Pros
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 07:51 PM »
the rims were always the same and always great, they were made by ukai and were also called ukai hp 48s

make sure you get the double walled versions, most were these

Obbie

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 08:34 PM »
No , the rims weren't always the same , the ones you are looking at there are the madd maxx ones , they are not chrome but silver (you will see this if you read the add right) also they have 13 gauge spoke which are thicker than the normal 14 gauge that the old ones were and what most wheels are now . It also means that the holes in the rims are bigger so you couldn't put normal hubs on them as you would need 14 gauge spokes which the nippels could pull through . They also did a rim which was deeper aswell , so i would check with the seller what rims they actually are as the pic is wrong . Tha axles are 14mm with 10mm flats .

NYSoul

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Thanks for that Obbie, they did not look like i had remembered in the pic. I am glad i asked now and i'm glad there are so many clued up people on here :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 07:11 PM »
Those madd maxx wheelsets came along quite bit later. As i recall there was an issue with wheelnuts stripping out because of the flat sided axles...

It used to go like this;

Peregrine 48s - unsealed hubs and silver anno rims.

SemiPro 48s - Sealed hubs and silver anno rims.

SuperPro 48s - Sealed hubs and chrome rims.

All in 10mm only.  The only hop up needed was a set of Standard Bykes heat treated axles. ( a bit longer for pegs and a whole lot stronger).

As far as I'm concerned there is still no better rim than that Ukai 48 in chrome.  Wish I could get hold of some now....  :(

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 07:22 PM »
i think iv got a front not in bad nick  chrome hub  and chrome rim straight laced

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 07:43 PM »
dont take the pee out of me bike as its only a mock up before it gets restored
these are the later super pros and one on its own earlier

NYSoul

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 08:01 PM »
The newer ones still look hot. Shame the ones on ebay are silver and not chrome :(

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 08:02 PM »
u can always get them chromed 

NYSoul

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 08:18 PM »
its crossed my mind (and then crossed again and again) and i nearly talked myself in to it at one point but then the "Era correct police" phoned and told me off for even thinking of it.
I might get some for my Holmes but i think i am gonna have to resort back to getting some new silver rims for my 7X's and having them relaced for my GT. I am also doubting that the 10/14 axels will go 87 GT forks without flopping about.

I am guessing that NOS super pro's come up for sale about as often as Power Series  cranks, so i will just add them to my list of things i'll never have ;)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 08:27 PM »
ive sold 3 sets this year some good some bad but they can all be refurbed.they are out there mate the ones in pic i only got in the last few weeks and they are of for a re chrome.

motomagII

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 08:41 PM »
they look lioke alloy ones not chrome nice wheels eiother way .

Obbie

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 03:16 AM »
I had a set of the semi pro 48's bitd and they were unsealed hubs with chrome rims .
I also think the main thing about peregrine rims was how good the chrome was , so to get a set and then re-chrome them would defeat the object , you might as well get a set of araya himko's or 7X's as the chrome on them is the same japanese chrome used on the peregrine rims . Best chrome ever . :4_17_5:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 07:27 AM »
super pro`s are the best to get , i still ride them and never had a problem and a few of my mates still do as well .all i did was change the hubs to seventies as wanted 14 mm axles 
no1stuntmaster on instagram

DJ

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 12:09 PM »
rob, shiners have ukai hp 48's rims, im running them on my bike now..... actually, i have a wheels set you maybe interested in? gold g-sports on ukai 48's....

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 12:13 PM »
shiners have ukai hp 48's rims

They're the 'buff' (not chrome) ones aren't they?

bsdforever

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 02:50 PM »
my mate has a couple of chrome HP peregrine rims in really good nick, hardly used and totally straight

would you be interested? I'm not sure how much he'd want for them though

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 02:52 PM »
mm they nice wheels glad rob sold me his lol
and i did see some one had rims for sale ages ago
as my rear as worn the chrome a tad
and is going gold now lol

NYSoul

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 04:56 PM »
my mate has a couple of chrome HP peregrine rims in really good nick, hardly used and totally straight

would you be interested? I'm not sure how much he'd want for them though

I would :)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Ditto.   I would be interested in any new or very very good chrome Ukai 48s.....  Let me know chaps   :)

DJ,  I heard from Mike Mullen that Shiner had some, but when I phoned they told me no........  Any strings you can pull down there?

Cheers   :)

bsdforever

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 08:19 AM »
OK i'm told he has one on his bike and 1 rim in the cupboard

email him at istew@hotmail.com

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Peregrine Super Pros

gfxgfx
gfx gfx