gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 24, 2024, 12:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Facebook slowly strangling this site?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Facebook slowly strangling this site?  (Read 13188 times)

griff

Re: Facebook slowly strangling this site?
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2014, 01:18 PM »

Save that kind of stuff for the FB group.  :LolLolLolLol:

Please don't  :daumenhoch:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2014, 01:22 PM »

Save that kind of stuff for the FB group.  :LolLolLolLol:

Please don't  :daumenhoch:

No, save it for Steph's facebook group  :LolLolLolLol:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2014, 01:23 PM »
Some easy groups for trolling on there. Wardy gets chucked from about 10 a day.  :nuts:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2014, 01:29 PM »
There's going to be no easy solution here guys. I use both, primarily to see what I am missing to buy and to sell something quickly,  if needs be. A little while back, it was so quiet on here, you couldn't move anything unless it was a major bargain that needed snapping up, so I held off advertising on here. I tried unsuccessfully to sell a frame set on FB but no takers so I put it on here and sold it within an hour.

I think with the colder weather coming this place will get busier, hopefully. I mean,  let's face it, it's been the best summer we have had in years and who wouldn't rather be out in that on their BMX than on here  :daumenhoch:

I say keep both  but stop sales on there unless it's advertised on here first. Also, block more access unless you have a SST. Maybe make RAD a little more user friendly too?  ::)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:34 PM by Gnarlyscoots™ »
BANNED

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2014, 01:50 PM »
There's going to be no easy solution here guys. I use both, primarily to see what I am missing to buy and to sell something quickly,  if needs be. A little while back, it was so quiet on here, you couldn't move anything unless it was a major bargain that needed snapping up, so I held off advertising on here. I tried unsuccessfully to sell a frame set on FB but no takers so I put it on here and sold it within an hour.

I think with the colder weather coming this place will get busier, hopefully. I mean,  let's face it, it's been the best summer we have had in years and who wouldn't rather be out in that on their BMX than on here  :daumenhoch:

I say keep both  but stop sales on there unless it's advertised on here first. Also, block more access unless you have a SST. Maybe make RAD a little more user friendly too?  ::)

Very good feedback Tel, something's to take on board.  :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2014, 01:55 PM »
how could it be anymore user friendly?

griff

« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2014, 01:56 PM »

just friendly then :teef:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2014, 02:47 PM »
Maybe remove the black background,  or at least have an option to change. I will take a look later and come to you with suggestions.

Listen to the new guys and some of the FB users who admit they dont come here because they find it 'difficult' to navigate the pages. We are avid users Rob so know our way around already.  When I first joined,  I got bored quickly trying to navigate and initially went and came back a few weeks later.
BANNED

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2014, 03:04 PM »
Maybe remove the black background,  or at least have an option to change. I will take a look later and come to you with suggestions.

Listen to the new guys and some of the FB users who admit they dont come here because they find it 'difficult' to navigate the pages. We are avid users Rob so know our way around already.  When I first joined,  I got bored quickly trying to navigate and initially went and came back a few weeks later.

For the newbies:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,173710.0.html

griff

« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2014, 03:05 PM »
There are some subtle layout changes coming through soon which might go some way to helping navigation Terry
The best discovery I made early on was the button that lets you see any unread posts though as it's a simple way to see what everyone has recently posted

Not sure if there's any option to change the colour but someone will no doubt confirm, I like the black layout myself as it means I can go on here late at night while mrs griff is asleep and I'm less likely to wake her up with a glowing white ipad screen :teef:

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2014, 03:10 PM »
Whats with everyone insisting that everyone has to own a Robbo to be on here??? I've got an Amtrac so have absolutely no need for an SST. :crazy2:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2014, 03:11 PM »
There is an option to change the theme/background, by clicking on portal, and going to the bottom right of the screen.

griff

« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2014, 03:15 PM »
Whats with everyone insisting that everyone has to own a Robbo to be on here??? I've got an Amtrac so have absolutely no need for an SST. :crazy2:

BOOM BOOM

rodriguez

« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2014, 03:30 PM »
RADBMX is definitely quieter than it was 4-5 years ago before the onslaught of social media and the crash didn't help but IMO it has recovered well in comparison to other forums that didn't suffer a crash but have still floundered nonetheless.

I reckon there's a core of about 100-150 active users on here and IMO that's pretty good for a forum competing against social media.  Taken in context of active users the amount of members who vote isn't that bad and seems to be similar to previous years. Forget the registered members figure it's a red herring, active users are registered members who actually contribute to site in some form.

It's not the RADBMX facebook page that's strangling the site, it's facebook and social media en bloc.  Closing down the RADBMX facebook page will NOT have a positive effect on the RADBMX forum, if anything at all it will have a negative effect, it would be going in the opposite direction to every other forum, business, organisation on the internet.

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2014, 06:13 PM »
RADBMX is definitely quieter than it was 4-5 years ago before the onslaught of social media and the crash didn't help but IMO it has recovered well in comparison to other forums that didn't suffer a crash but have still floundered nonetheless.

I reckon there's a core of about 100-150 active users on here and IMO that's pretty good for a forum competing against social media.  Taken in context of active users the amount of members who vote isn't that bad and seems to be similar to previous years. Forget the registered members figure it's a red herring, active users are registered members who actually contribute to site in some form.

It's not the RADBMX facebook page that's strangling the site, it's facebook and social media en bloc.  Closing down the RADBMX facebook page will NOT have a positive effect on the RADBMX forum, if anything at all it will have a negative effect, it would be going in the opposite direction to every other forum, business, organisation on the internet.

^^^^^ what he said
Jono

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2014, 10:54 PM »
113 Users ... and 110 guests!

that says that people get what they want without needing to register.

I say limit more of the site to encourage people to register  :daumenhoch: any thoughts on that?
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2014, 10:55 PM »

I say limit more of the site to encourage people to register  :daumenhoch: any thoughts on that?

Agreed.

griff

« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2014, 10:56 PM »

I think that's a splendid idea
Leave some bits open so people have an incentive to see more

Which bits though?  :D

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2014, 10:57 PM »

Agreed.

combined with making registration easier  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline JimBowen

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2014, 11:14 PM »

Good idea  :)

I would say close it all off. Nothing like getting people interested in something and making them want to join to see whats inside  >:D

Is this facebook craze not just that, a craze :-\

People will always come back to the Forum Format i feel but maybe its time to come up with some new ideas to get them back on the Forum site.

Difficult one this but it think there has to be something in 50% of people wanting the Facebook Page shut down.

You would be a fool to ignor your members and what they are saying.

;)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2014, 11:50 PM »
There is an option to change the theme/background, by clicking on portal, and going to the bottom right of the screen.
Sweet! Impulse 2 is easier on the eye for me  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2014, 07:38 AM »
very flowery  ;D

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2014, 07:58 AM »
most forum`s today are struggling against facebook and it`s the way things are changing , it`s easier to just click a app on your phone and bang your on radbmx on facebook where as for me to get here is more work and i need to open a browser to get here .
forum`s will always have a place but the world is changing as more and more of us have less time
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2014, 09:29 AM »
Perhaps a Rad app might make it more user friendly.   :daumenhoch:
If it's possible.   ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline bmxband1t77

• Cherry Picker
  • '77 a good year (Star Wars-Punk) but not my DOB.
  • Rated:
« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2014, 11:06 AM »
Second that!
I'm on iPhone all day and tapatalks ok for navigation but tetchy and crashes frequently.
I'm fighting urge to FB due to lack of time to even bother.
I think cut the sales on FB and limit to the Rad site only. Pics n chat on both with status updates on favourites or buddy's fed from FB a lot like Twitter?

Where's this RADBmx Twitter feed again? I got the shop one.

From iThing Apple Alien Tech on Tapatalk

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Facebook slowly strangling this site?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx