gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 08:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dyeing Grips?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dyeing Grips?  (Read 462 times)

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Dyeing Grips?
« on: March 17, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Am looking to dye  some sets of grips,was wondering if you guys have had much success in dyeing grips and what did you use to do it,just i have a set of white tange with a bit of a brownish stain that i cant remove had them in bleach for 3-4 weeks got lighter but thats it and some mushroom grips to dye as-well any good tips.

graham
Too many cool bikes out there,  not enough money in my wallet :D

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Dyeing Grips?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Use the search, there's a few threads about dyeing grips, seats and tuffs.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Cheers for the link,now i see there is no point trying to dye rubber grips  :daumenhoch:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 11:11 PM »
Some will dye, others won't. I have a set of previously blue Hutch grips that are now perfectly black after being dyed. I believe some oakley grips can be dyed too. I would have thought that Tange grips would dye, seeing as they're from the same moulds as Hutch grips, so possibly made of the same material. On the minus side, i ruined as set of Ame bubble font rounds bu trying to dye them. Should have done a thorough search on the subject beforehand

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:14 PM »
am looking to dye the white tange a blue color just a bit weary of it,or i try and think of another way to see if i can get the brown stain out off them.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dyeing Grips?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx