gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 08:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  news flash zippy injured at hersden
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: news flash zippy injured at hersden  (Read 5286 times)

aaronsat

Re: news flash zippy injured at hersden
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Was riding just behind him as it happened.... was a nasty one. 

All the best Si for a speedy recovery.

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Si
get well soon fella  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

jon016847

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Get well soon !!!

Man,  I have been off my bike during the world cup, me thinks I was safer drinking in the pub !!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 04:22 PM »
hello everyone and thanks for all your good wishes.

i had my operation yesterday and have had my wrist pinned screwed and plated. it was broken in 4 places an i had split my radius bone in two at the thumb joint.

surgeon has said that i won't regain full use of my left hand again but will still be able to ride, although racing may be another thing altogether.

i still haven't had my full cast put on due to the swelling from remanipulating my bones into the right position. that will go on next wednesday.

big thanks to those that helped me on sunday. apologies to aaron for nicking your drink, i thought it was mine. i did have a huge knock on the head as well and didn't really know where i was or what i was doing. i guess i shouldn't have driven home either but it wasn't too painfull at the time. i also briused my kidney and was passing blood for the whole of sunday.

gutted my season has ended this way as i was really looking forward to the rest of the hersden summer series and the remaining nationals.

really confussed as to how i crashed though. i'd jumped those doubles loaads of times with no problems.

motomagII

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 05:30 PM »
sorry to hear about your injuries si .hope you mend well and feel okay soon mate greg

aaronsat

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 07:55 PM »
From what I remember we were doing some gate practice, think it was you, me and 2 younger riders - You got the hole shot cleared the first doubles, went round the berm, cleared the second and went to jump the third and think your front wheel just caught the jump.  From what I saw from behind your bars twisted and you went over the front hitting the dirt quite hard. 

I do remember the wind down that back straight was quite strong and was kicking up a lot of dust... that was probably a contributing factor.

No problem about the drink, was the least I could do.....  don’t think the lucozade was doing much for my performance anyway!

Anyways, take it easy and keep us all posted on your recovery - Aaron

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2006, 08:12 PM »
in my confussed mind on sunday all i could think about was that i nicked your drink :LolLolLolLol:

i bought the same drink on the way to the track and thought it was mine. :D

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2006, 10:50 PM »
get well soon mate

dont forget to read the hoffman book if ya havent already, it'll cheer you up ;)

20yrsago

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2006, 11:06 PM »
si hope it heels fast  and we see you back on track soon mate ,its all mind of matter mate my mind says you can jump those doubles my body says it matters if i dont , hope your not to down mate and you make daggers at the weekend show the new scars off nik everybodys drink and just have a social one.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2006, 11:08 PM »
i'd love to mate but the wifes banned me from any bmx tracks until next year. i'll try and change her mind though ;)

jazzyje

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2006, 07:44 AM »
thats terrible news mate.whats the score with work?how long you going to take off'terry was really worried about you but you would,nt let him treat you.he felt a bit useless.looks like you can be gate man for the rest of the season then mate.if the missus will let you.
   who's going to challenge wolfy then?he's running away with it and their dropping like fly's.

oldmankev

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2006, 07:50 AM »
That really sucks mate, theres far to much of this injury
stuff going on, hope your back riding asap. As a last
resort bring her with you, she might enjoy it. Kev.

MeddlE

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Definitely read the Hoffman book, Bob_Acid was kind enought to lend me his copy while I was in hospital and I read it in one day.  Damn sure I don't have that guys dedication to the sport but it sure puts things into perspective.

Heal well but most importantly heal properly.

Offline Romswife

• Team Owner
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2006, 12:36 PM »
get well soon

gregster

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Good luck with the recovery  :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2006, 03:28 PM »
i was signed off for two weeks, unfortunately i've just started a new job and they won't pay me during my probation period, so i'm going back on monday.
terry didn't want me to drive home and he was right about that as well, but i didn't fancy the car being left there for any length of time unattended.
when's the next race and i'll come along and do some gates for you.
the surgeon has said that although the operation was a success he doesn't think i'll regain 100% of the use of my wrist again. i'm still looking to race next year though ;D ;D ;D
by the way my robinson pro xl turned up yesterday so i'm going to try and work on that while i'm away from the racing.

Mr Rusty

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Always have to go one better don't you .................... :D

Went along to spectate on Sunday but got there too late for your crash !

How long will you be in plaster for once the swelling's gone down (I'm back at the hospital on the 26th for mine when they may decide to pin it) ?

Good luck for a speedy (or zippy?) recovery

Chris

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2006, 11:49 AM »
i'm due to have my cast put on on wednesday if the swelling has gone down enough by then. after that it will be 4 to 6 weeks in a cast and then 3 to 4 months for it to become as strong as it's going to be.

still not sure whether to retire or not. i've hurt myself a few times in the last 5 or so races and it kind of takes the fun out of it. i'll see how i feel next year for the sumer series.

bit low at the moment as you can probably imagine.

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2006, 11:52 AM »
If you need inspiration just think of RomBloke. Make no hasty decisions mate. Chin(s) up

muttley

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2006, 12:30 PM »
If you need inspiration just think of RomBloke

:LolLolLolLol:

Mr Rusty

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2006, 07:06 PM »
still not sure whether to retire or not. i've hurt myself a few times in the last 5 or so races and it kind of takes the fun out of it. i'll see how i feel next year for the sumer series.

bit low at the moment as you can probably imagine.

Yeah I felt like that as well but went along on Sunday and all I wanted to do was race again - :D

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2006, 07:35 PM »
cheers san....like what am i a funny guy or sommat....lol
take your time zippster, do what you want to do.
heal quick mate.
Dave
haro, how do you do

TK The Mic

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Get well soon Zippy, plenty of casualties this year in the Old Skool group. And we are only half way through the series.
Take it easy.

Tony the Mic

Jazzchimp

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2006, 10:17 PM »
fffs, everyones coming off :-\

Get well soon fella! and take it easy with that wrist if you know what I mean  ;)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2006, 09:19 AM »
i took my cast off yesterday because it was irritating me. couldn't resist getting the wife to take a few snaps. (non pun intended)

these two are pictures of my hand. the second one is the result of the incision to put in the plate pin and screws.

this last one is my new focus of attention at the moment. my robinson pro xl. yum yum. the frame is absolutely mint around the dropouts and will clean up nicely. i'm in the process of stripping the paint at the moment.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  news flash zippy injured at hersden

gfxgfx
gfx gfx