gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 07:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  vector bars copies at 350 quid ........................
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: vector bars copies at 350 quid ........................  (Read 5329 times)

robbie2shoes

Re: vector bars copies at 350 quid ........................
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 02:10 AM »
Yeah late 82,actually  from pics i have,just going from memory, so i shouldn't have said never. woopee.Haro didn't use tai production until 1984 aswell.
Dude you know I'm right don't ya lol.      It don't matter!!!!!!
But you know as well as me bob Haro made my bars and you all welcome to come look as I said,,,,,,,,,,,the pic is took off a iPad and does look abit dodgy layin on table,
But I've measured and weighed them,,,,,,and done all the research !!!!
I do understand people get mixed up but I am right!!!!!      And 1982 is 1982 not matter early or late it's still 1982

robbie2shoes

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2012, 02:16 AM »
Show me an ad  or evidence with your actual bars that were made in taiwan .

No you prove they never made them in Taiwan after bob left sponsorship!!!!!!! Just like his frames!!!!!!   And jay them pics in the link you just uploaded you know the 1s in the 1982 adverts of these bars how come they don't have the kNurling on the bottom of stem!!!!!!!!      You know the 1s in the shiny clear as day pictures????????     

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2012, 02:26 AM »
MMMMMM Sept 82 BMX Action has that early ad in, can't find it  in any earlier ones, Cool.

Can't find your bars in any of the magazines though.

robbie2shoes

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 02:30 AM »
MMMMMM Sept 82 BMX Action has that early ad in, can't find it  in any earlier ones, Cool.

Lol jay dude what do the 1s you called real!!!!   Weigh and size in inches please?????

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 02:31 AM »
Don't know exactly when the bars had the Knurling date wise, but the earlier ones didn't have Knurling.

robbie2shoes

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 02:32 AM »

Lol jay dude what do the 1s you called real!!!!   Weigh and size in inches please?????
And jay I have a 1985 master made in Taiwan with all original paint n stickers,,,,,,,,,,,,,in all the adverts does it say made in Taiwan??????

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2012, 02:35 AM »
No, it doesn't say made in taiwan, but atleast there is a picture to go off.

I'm still waiting for a picture of bars the same as yours, any luck yet.

robbie2shoes

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2012, 02:42 AM »

listen I been tryin to upload pictures,,,I need to upgrade this rad account??????
These bars are the right weight size width depth and same on the rise,,,,I've printed off a few pages where it states that bob Haro started having these made in Taiwan after leaveing vector and there's also evidence of that on bmx museum on other pages!!!!!
I know for a fact that Haro never ever put made in Taiwan on adverts!!!!!!  But after 1893 bob knew that was cheaper to produce frames bars and all his stuff in Taiwan and ship out from there!!!!!!!
You all trying hard to make me look bad and there's really no need!!!!!
I checked the bars befor listing them and I'm not out to mislead anyone!!!!!!!   
The link you posted is just 1 link and a few adverts but I room pics and printed loads off as well,,,,,,can you please weigh and measure you bars up against mine jay????

robbie2shoes

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2012, 02:44 AM »

listen I been tryin to upload pictures,,,I need to upgrade this rad account??????
These bars are the right weight size width depth and same on the rise,,,,I've printed off a few pages where it states that bob Haro started having these made in Taiwan after leaveing vector and there's also evidence of that on bmx museum on other pages!!!!!
I know for a fact that Haro never ever put made in Taiwan on adverts!!!!!!  But after 1893 bob knew that was cheaper to produce frames bars and all his stuff in Taiwan and ship out from there!!!!!!!
The link you posted is just 1 link and a few adverts but I room pics and printed loads off as well,,,,,,can you please weigh and measure you bars up against mine jay????
Sorry 1983 started making frames and bars in Taiwan because was cheaper to mass produce

robbie2shoes

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2012, 02:48 AM »

Sorry 1983 started making frames and bars in Taiwan because was cheaper to mass produce
So jay....?????.     Bob didn't reproduce these bars after leaveing sponsorship with vector???
And they never made them in Taiwan????
And bob wasn't aloud to use the name vector after leaveing?????
Is that what your all saying yes????

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2012, 03:05 AM »
I'm not trying to make you look bad, I'm just trying to tell you what i know,.

Haro never reproduced Vector style bars, full stop......

Vector was still using Bobs name in 85, why would he want to use the name Vector, not sure what your getting at

robbie2shoes

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 03:28 AM »
I'm not trying to make you look bad, I'm just trying to tell you what i know,.

Haro never reproduced Vector style bars, full stop......

Vector was still using Bobs name in 85, why would he want to use the name Vector, not sure what your getting at

No he didn't want to use there name!!!!!!!!!!    Because he made these bars alongside vector when he left he had to use the name!!!!!    Bob Haro replica bars!!!!!!   Just because he wasn't sponsored by vector anymore!!!!!    He then produced them in Taiwan in stead of the states because was cheaper to mass produce!!!!!!       Vector still sold there's bars!!!!     It is confusing but there the facts!!!!         Even tho bob designed them!!! After leaving vector he had to rename them!!!    Bob Haro replica bars!!!!!      Vector bars basically means while bob was sponsored!!!!      Bob Haro replica!!!!!   Are bars made after he left vector!!!!!     If that's any help!!!!!!!   

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 07:20 AM »
Don't know exactly when the bars had the Knurling date wise, but the earlier ones didn't have Knurling.

can i dib them before kappy see's them ;D ;D :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 07:29 AM »
If you use another feckin explanation mark in anymore of your post's, I will ban you ok !!!!!!!

And don't think I'm joking either

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 07:50 AM »
8 degree better angle for leg room, you having a laugh,  those bars sit further back than vectors, In 1982, bob Haro hadn't even rode with Vectors on.
Mate you ain't a clue I'm going to upload pics from vector off bmx museum dated of the sale of these bars!    Thought you was mr Haro???

Thats soo funny

If JAY don't know Haros then we might as well give up.

Those bars are copies, i had a pair of both, and they are same as my fake ones, whoever buys the bars is gonna get ripped
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 07:53 AM »
Robbie, you don't need to upgrade anything on here to upload pictures.  Just open up a free photoshop account and upload them to that, then copy the bottom code and paste it into your thread.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures  :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 07:56 AM »
Robbie

As a person who is selling the bars then you need to show evidence that they are real.  There is evidence shown on here by others that show they are fake, so far you have shown nothing, no pictures, no links....nothing.

All you want people to do is take your word for it, simply because you think you know you are right.

That is not good enough, if you cannot produce any evidence that you can show on here that PROVE 100% that what you say is correct then you are a con artist, simple as.....

Over to you...........

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 08:10 AM »
They are snide.

You know why?

Because I said so.

Prove me wrong.

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 08:23 AM »
If they are stamped  made in Taiwan, I think you should mention that in your listing.

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 08:56 AM »
I missed the first thread so glad to have the sequel to read.

Got to say he does argue a good point. But overall measurements dont make them real, lots of bars have the same overall size.

Would it not just be easier to settle it by asking Mr Bob himself?

Either way £350 is a lot of money to be talking about if they are fake. If it turns out they are fake then im selling my real ones  ;D

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 09:38 AM »
BMX was accidentally invented by Bob Carolgees in 1968 when he was trying to come up with an idea for a new vulgar hand based puppet.

No one knew, until some guys in California found the idea and stole it

True that
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Problem is, there is no evidence that Haro ever made Vector style bars.........NONE

I could make the same argument about the copy Haro freestyler frames. Bob decided to have the Freestyler made in Taiwan because they were cheaper to mass produce over there in 1982/83, rather than having them made by Torker. I have no evidence to support this but it's FACT.........

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 09:41 AM »
so that one that Skyway4man had up for £500 was a bargain then Jay!  bugger and i missed out!  >:(

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 09:48 AM »
If Bob Haro made his own bars, why the feck did he always use Vectors and not his own Tai made swept back sticky out bolt version.

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 09:50 AM »
oh yeah, he didn't want to loose his Vector co sponsor .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  vector bars copies at 350 quid ........................

gfxgfx
gfx gfx