gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 11:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Affix Tiny hub Axle replacement??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Affix Tiny hub Axle replacement??  (Read 1109 times)

Sink

Affix Tiny hub Axle replacement??
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:22 AM »
Anyone know if the Affix tiny front hub takes a certain axle? After a couple of heavy peg landings looks like i've killed the thread :10_2_12: Is it serviceable or knackered?? :'(

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Affix Tiny hub Axle replacement??
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:54 AM »
Check it's actually the thread on the axle & not just the nut stripped  :daumenhoch: A lot of hubs are generic, just a slightly different shape & graphics on them so if You do need an axle, strip off the cone nuts, knock the axle out & go to a decent BMX shop & They'll sort You out. Failing that there was some of those hubs on Feebay for £15.   
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Sink

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 01:06 PM »
Cheers Fugazi  :daumenhoch: After pulling the old axle out, it's f@@ked, both axle and nuts are stripped and the axle is bent. I bought a new hub from the bay as it will be cheaper to rip apart for the axle, bearing and fittings, than sourcing and buying an axle kit   :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 03:04 PM »
No problem, good You've got it sorted  :daumenhoch: Bring back 14mm front axles I say!!!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Affix Tiny hub Axle replacement??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx