gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 24, 2024, 02:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  bar position
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bar position  (Read 1056 times)

Murph

bar position
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:45 AM »
hello there fellow riders,just finished a custom new school build my first one and have never rode a new school before,looking at all the riders today they have there bars in line with the fork angle,i just took the bike out at the front of the house for a quick ride and it feels terrible with the bars so far back,is this somthing that you just have to get use to as i have never rode new school,the ride is a 21 tt 2005/6 barcode and i am 6 foot 1 and over weight beer monster but would like to lose some pie fat,hence the ride i have built,now i understand the reason for the bars being in the position with the angle being simular when you 180 the bars round,or bar spins so you maintain room,but i feel like all my weight is over the front of the bike and it feels very twitchey,so do you just get use to this feeling?any tips on this for a old fart who has not rode since 1984 would be much appreciated,ps when i built my frist old school ta about a year ago i took it to a local park where i sill managed to do a 360,rockwalk,fakey and some half decent wheelies so i haven lost it completely but those ramps scare the crap out of me so easy,easy catch a monkey approach i think

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: bar position
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Glen is spot on...  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

Murph

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 07:13 PM »
seem that i just have to keep trying to ride and feel with the set up of ns rides, i thought it might be me ,but i can understand things change for the better so i will persiver to feel its right as i know the feeling of being as one with bike ,as if feels part of you if you know what i mean ,i am gald that there is sight to help people out with all these issues to not prevent them riding any more as that would be such a shame.as it makes all us old farts feel so good. :)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Also possible that the bars are just a bit low for you.

ratty67vw

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 03:08 AM »
Hi murph
when i got my new school i had the bars just a little bit forward and the bike felt very twitchy
i think it was betty on here told me that the bars should be in line with the forks so i tried that and it does feel much better now
but i am not as tall as you .  maybe taller bars would help as you wouldnt be leaning as far forward.
 the only advice i can give is keep riding  eventually it will feel right

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 07:47 AM »
What they said...now where does this condor need sending :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

motomagII

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 07:59 AM »
i dont think i should comment on bar position .people who ride with me know why  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  bar position

gfxgfx
gfx gfx